Garrison, NY 10524 Map · Phone number

About Joy of Harp

Joy Plaisted - The "Joy of Harp" Located in Garrison, New York, Joy Plaisted is an experienced professional harpist available to play in the Hudson River Valley, Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties. Formerly the tea-time harpist at the St. Regis Hotel in New York City, Joy brings a touch of elegance to weddings and special events.
Also a Hospital Certified Harp Therapist through the Bedside Harps program, Joy brings a special sensitivity and serenity to any occasion.

ABOUT JOY PLAISTED, Harpist;
Joy Plaisted came to New York City in 1987 to earn her Masters Degree from the Juilliard School of Music. She has performed with the Manhattan Chamber Orchestra, the New York Harp Ensemble, the Reykjavik Youth Symphony, and the off-Broadway production of The Fantasticks, among other theatrical and orchestral productions. Ms. Plaisted's concerts have taken her to Japan, China, Hong Kong, France, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland. She received her Bachelor of Music Degree from the University of Minnesota and did graduate studies at the Geneva Conservatory. Her teachers include Nancy Allen, Catherine Meyer-Eisenhoffer, Pierre Jamet and Frances G. Miller.

Joywithharp
Joywithharp

3 Reviews for Joy of Harp

Cristine · Married on 11/08/2014

Joy played the harp at my wedding ceremony on 11/8/14 and she was just wonderful! She was recommended to us by our officiant who had worked with her quite often. Joy was a pleasure to work with from start to finish and really made our ceremony a beautiful part of our wedding day.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Kimberly · Married on 12/30/2012

There are not enough words to describe how pleased my husband and I were with Joy's performance at our wedding. A harpist was a part of our package with Stolen Moments, but we could not have imagined how wonderful our experience would truly be, until we met Joy. She was in constant contact with us prior to the wedding, and even invited my Mom, sister, and I to come and listen to a number of selections, which were all beautifully played. She got a feel for what music we wanted for the ceremony, and we chose specific songs for the processional together that day. On our wedding day, she arrived early for setup and began playing a number of songs for the guests, as they sat and waited for our ceremony to start. She then played absolutely beautifully for our processional. I could not have believe how amazing it would have sounded until I heard it that day--truly special. Joy made my wedding ceremony so beautiful and we would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Julie · Married on 08/11/2012

Joy played so beautifully and was wonderful to work with. She made our special day spectacular, and worked so well with the other musicians who played for the ceremony. I am also a professional musician, and I chose her because not only is her work the highest quality, she is kind, attentive to detail, and truly cares about the people she works with.

Sent on 02/18/2013

• Margaret Sanzo Sneddon, Harpist
    Margaret Sanzo Sneddon, Harpist Wedding Musicians

A friend and colleague, Joy Plaisted is a wonderful harpist and all around lovely person to work with. She is the ideal ceremony musician for weddings in the upper Hudson River Valley.

• Garrison, 10524 See on map