Los Angeles, CA 90049 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Jonathan Moore Photography

Jonathan is a Los Angeles based documentary wedding photographer.

After completing an internship at Getty Images in 2008, Jonathan discovered a passion for wedding photography. He applies everything he learned from the Getty staff -- good light, good composition, clean background, peak moments -- four elements that make his images both stylistic and individualized.

...but the final element, and the most important, is trust. Jonathan really wants to establish a relationship with his clients that goes beyond a simple business transaction. After all is said and done, your wedding photos reflect the love and admiration you have for each other, and your willingness to be open and uninhibited will only exemplify that.

Jonathan's images have been published in USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, The New York Times and Sports Illustrated.

Follow Jonathan Moore Photography on

e874e7b329f5f7ec 1439231552102 elias diana wedding 0744
copy

12 Reviews for Jonathan Moore Photography

Glennon · Married on 11/04/2016

Jonathan Moore Photography came to me via a recommendation from a very trusted photography colleague and he did not disappoint! As I am a professional photographer, I was persistent upon finding someone that was great at capturing people in the moment instead of many staged photos. Jonathan's photo-journalistic style left us with a wonderful collection of us and our friends having the time of our lives.

Jonathan was an excellent selection for a variety of reasons: professionalism, adaptability, friendliness, and creativity.

Professionalism: He was prompt, ready to work, and brought his artistic talents without being overbearing or demanding. Additionally, the transaction on the photos was simple, clear (without hidden fees), and timely.

Adaptability: Everyone should know a wedding day will always come with adjustments needing to be made throughout the day and Jonathan took everything in stride and made sure that we really enjoyed the day and the photo taking experience.

Friendliness: Jonathan took the time to meet with us prior to hiring, he covered all of our events and we walked away with a friendship on top of the professional relationship.

Creativity: Our venue presented some unique lighting opportunities and Jonathan took full advantage. He captured vantage points that I didn't expect and had a way of making everyone look great!

I would highly recommend Jonathan for any photography needs at any event!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Meishya · Married on 03/30/2013

My husband and I wanted a different approach to wedding photography, and we went through dozens of website portfolios until I thought I'd claw my eyes out if I saw one more headless bride bouquet shot. Then along came Jonathan. Jonathan has a photojournalism background and brings that documentary approach to his wedding photography. He has an amazing ability to capture mood and atmosphere, emotion and action wonderfully in his photos, and they are also very artistic, beautifully composed, and have amazing natural light. They are rich in color and really bring you into the moment.

We are thrilled with our wedding photographs. Family and friends have told me they are the best wedding photos they've ever seen. One person who doesn't even like wedding photos told me he loved Jonathan's photographs. Others who weren't even at the wedding have told me the photos made them feel like they were there. We also really liked his unique approach to the Beloved (engagement) session, which, amidst the stresses of wedding planning, gave me and my husband quality time to honestly connect with each other and celebrate our relationship and our future, and as a result, made for truly candid and meaningful photographs.

As for Jonathan himself, he is very professional, prompt and responsive, and always fully prepared. I was especially impressed when, for our Beloved session, I had listed in an email a few locations in downtown LA that I was interested in for the session. When my husband and I showed up, Jonathan had already scouted every spot and knew exactly where we needed to go. At the same time, he is super flexible and rolls with the moment. He is also one of the nicest guys I've met, laid back, down to earth, and simply a pleasure work with. I can't recommend Jonathan highly enough!

Sent on 05/14/2013

K · Married on 02/24/2013

Jonathan's work is outstanding!! He shot our destination wedding in New Orleans a few weeks ago and we are in love with all our pictures! My husband and a majority of his family members are very much into photography and film so it was extremely important that we find the perfect photographer to capture our day in an artistic and meaningful way, Jonathan did exactly that! We wanted a documentary style to our photos and Jonathan's work is absolutely beautiful. He captured all the key elements of the night along with some hilarious and sweet moments that we didn't see. I also loved the concept and outcome of his Beloved session. Those photo's not only look amazing but they hold a place in my heart because of the true emotion behind it. They are better than any staged photo could ever look. I also give him credit, both the mother of the groom and mother of the bride are camera shy and Jonathan managed to get some awesome photos of both and they didn't even realize haha! All in all Jonathan has amazing talent, he puts thought and heart into every photo he takes. We are over the moon in love with our pictures and can’t thank him enough!! I highly recommend Jonathan to any bride looking for meaningful, creative photos that are just stunning!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Jonathan Moore Photography Pricing

Jonathan Moore Photography Price Rates

Jonathan Moore Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

• The Ebell of Los Angeles
    The Ebell of Los Angeles Historic Weddings

Jonathan is an enthusiastic and talented photographer who really seems to connect with his clients. He's professional and gracious and we love having him at The Ebell and the images he captures here.