Jessie Bennett Photography

• Rachel Joy Photo
  • Chelsea’s Canvas

2 Reviews for Jessie Bennett Photography

Kate · Married on 06/30/2018

My partner and I chose Jessie as our wedding photographer after seeing the beautiful photos she took for my sisters wedding.

Throughout the process Jessie was professional and kind and put us at ease. Before the wedding we filled out a form and discussed with her what photos we wanted, and what photos we didn't think were necessary, which was especially helpful since our ceremony was more informal than most, and we wanted our photos to reflect that. The day of the wedding she came prepared, had scoped things out ahead of time, and added a warm, calm presence, which was very reassuring because neither my partner or I are particularly comfortable having our photos taken (it was actually the thing I was most anxious about).

The photos are stunning and captured the mood perfectly. Even though I was worried about the posed photos because I am not particularly photogenic, they are really wonderful and are easily some of the best photos that I've ever taken. After receiving the online gallery, I sent the link to friends and family, who also echoed that the photos Jessie took of them at the reception are some of the best they've ever had.

Working with Jessie was great throughout the entire process and I will be recommending her to my friends as well.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Meina · Married on 03/25/2017

1.8
      1.5
      3.5
      0.5
      3.0
      0.5

I hired Jessie for my wedding using a custom package (6 hrs of coverage, no engage shoot, min print credit). She showed up on time/prepared - fine.

A month after, I got 249 photos for 6 hrs. I emailed bc that seemed a little light (we were expecting 300-375 as discussed). She said this was normal for not having a bridal party. I didn't know that this would mean getting less pictures. Seems ridiculous. There were no photos of my guests during cocktail hr (during the 20 mins before being announced), guests at dinner, or when we went around to each table after the cake.

She then emailed me that there was an SD data corruption that she didn't notice. Shocked bc it took me pointing out that it was a light deliverable for her to discover this. She said she tried to recover the card but had to send it out (on Mon afternoon). Around noon on Wed, she said that the card manufacturer was not able to recover the data. Awfully fast to hear back about data recovery, I asked for the company and their response. I work for a tech company - I may be able to troubleshoot but Jessie didn't take me up on that. Devastated at this point, I asked for a refund. Of which she gave partial & sent me the USB, physical prints, a few 5X7s.

Afterwards, the venue emailed asking if I could share some pics. To my surprise, Jessie had emailed 15 photos of table settings and of the room. I'm furious at this point. 1) we weren't consulted 2) trying to profit and get your name out there when you couldn't deliver? TOO SOON. I was then told that she owned the copyrights. Her contract stipulates a clause with 3rd parties only with permission of the client. She pointed out that it refers to PAID marketing and bc she would just get photo cred, this doesn't apply. WTF.

I am disappointed with the service provided by Jessie. Yes, the quality is there but the professionalism isn't.

Simply put, I regret hiring her as my photographer.

Sent on 05/05/2017

• Bellingham See on map
    (360) 420-2530 (Phone number)
    Location of (Jessie Bennett Photography)