Piedmont Ave., Oakland, CA 94611 Map · Phone number

About Jerry Yoon Photographers

California Wedding and Portrait photography studio shooting in the San Francisco bay area and on international destinations. Capturing modern photojournalistic imagery with a touch of whimsy, humor and fun. Since 2006, Jerry and his team of documentary photographers have been traveling all over the world creating some of the best engagements, weddings and portraits for their clients.

Follow Jerry Yoon Photographers on

ca878c6ae6a19a43 1427222468411 cornerstone gardens wedding 14
city hall wedding photography san francisco 04

18 Reviews for Jerry Yoon Photographers

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2011

AWESOME! We came across Jerry Yoon Photography after an exhaustive search and a photographer that bailed on us a few months before the wedding. Since they are based in Cali and we lived in NYC, we never met Jerry & Ingrid before committing to flying them down to our wedding in Aruba. We spent 3 days with them shooting our rehearsal dinner, wedding day, catamaran cruise & island photo shoot. When they first arrived, they had gotten food poisoning on their trip over but you would have never noticed. That's how professional and committed they are.

To get the money shot of all my guests at the wedding, Jerry waded in knee deep water as we threw wishing rocks into the ocean (in his direction!). Jerry never missed a beat and by the time our wedding weekend came to an end, all my guests raved about him.

Jerry & Ingrid are not just great photographers who are unobtrusive while taking their shots but they are always friendly. They got amazing shots of many of our guests and always knew when to be at the right spot at the right time. They are quick with their cameras and as far as I can tell, never missed any of the action. They know to give just the right amount of direction for the portraits and photoshoot (something I especially appreciated). They are extremely hardworking and always aim to make themselves flexible. They are a great team and their friendly attitude makes them even more amazing wedding photographer.

Oh yeah.... all my photos ROCK! Looking thru the slideshow 3 months after my wedding, it was like reliving the moments all over again. I truly felt it was an honor to have them photograph my wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2010

My husband and I just received our wedding photos, and to sum it up, they are INCREDIBLE. Jerry and his team are masters at what they do.

Just by going through some of the photos on Jerry's blog, we knew he'd be the perfect photographer for us. Jerry and Ingrid flew all the way to Philadelphia (where we live) to do our engagement shoot. Despite it being over 90 degrees outside, they were upbeat the entire time and made us feel incredibly comfortable. It's insane how creative they are with lighting and with making seemingly banal locations come to life in photographs. We loved our engagement photos, and were so happy with how non-cheesy they were! Ingrid even designed a photobook of our engagement photos for us, and we used it as our guest book at our wedding. Our guests loved it!

Our photographs from our wedding far surpassed our expectations. My mom was afraid that our ceremony would not photograph well because we were backlit the entire time by the strong afternoon sun, but Jerry and Ingrid did an amazing job working with our poor lighting. They were able to capture the emotion of the day perfectly without being intrusive at all. They have such natural instinct and an incredible eye for composition and color. They also provided a photobooth for us with a clean white backdrop, and their associate Terence did an amazing job keeping all our guests laughing with our crazy props. We would be honestly be happy to frame any one of the photos they shot because each one has such a unique perspective.

The utmost professionals, Jerry and Ingrid are easy-going, super-duper nice, genuine, funny, quick to respond to emails/calls, and most importantly, ridiculously talented at what they do. Seriously, they are just amazing.

Sent on 07/28/2010

Rosann · Married on 11/07/2009

Josh and I feel so fortunate to have been able to book Jerry Yoon Photography for our wedding. When we first researched potential photographers, we weren't really excited about all the ones we came across; it's not that they had bad work, we just wanted someone who put the art first. Maybe it's because Josh and I are both artists that we're so choosy about anything visual. Anyway, we didn't think we'd ever find that photographer, so we were about to throw in the towel and settle for someone we felt was more standard, until I stumbled across Jerry Yoon's page on Martha Stewart Weddings. After scrolling through his images in his blog, I dropped everything I was doing, showed Jerry's work to Josh, and e-mailed him immediately to see if he was available. The gods must have been smiling on me that day, because it turned out Jerry was indeed available for our wedding date. Working with him and his team has been nothing short of a pleasure. Our engagement session ROCKED (see here http://www.blogjerry.com/archive/san-francisco-engagement-red-riding-hood-rosann-josh.html) and they did a KILLER job on our actual wedding! I could wax poetic for a long time, but if I had to summarize what separates them from the pack in a sentence it would be the following: they're not just about getting the composition or the colors right; they're also about the narrative told through the image. If we could do it all over again, we would go with Jerry Yoon Photography again in a heartbeat. They are truly artists' artists.

Sent on 02/17/2010

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jerry Yoon Photographers FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4000
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Slideshow
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4800
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Slideshow
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Digital Files
    Flush Mount
    Negatives
    Prints

• Huckleberry Karen Designs Wedding Florists

Jerry and Ingrid have an unique style that will match your unique wedding. They capture all of the moments and things happening while you are enjoying your wedding day. The day goes by so quickly and you won't be able to see everything going on but with Jerry and his team they will be the eyes for you and snapping moments that you will love looking at years later.

• Neil Cowley Photography & Video Wedding Photographers

I have worked with Jerry as an instructor for a professional development course, and over that time I saw him apply his passion for seeing clearly, and uniquely in ways that challenged himself and his own expectations. So if you want the wondrous feeling of 'that feels just like I was there' in your photos, I can assure you that Jerry is committed to getting that for you. He'll also blowing your mind a little with some unexpectedly wondrous art from your wedding. An unpredictable artistic wedding present - what more could you want - hire him!!!

• Subtle Glances
    Subtle Glances Wedding Invitations

Jerry Yoon Photography has photographed so many of our clients and friends weddings. When we first saw his work at a friend's wedding, we fell in love with the unique views and stories they can tell with just a simple photograph. If you're looking for something different, something with a lot of art, taste, and modernity, Jerry Yoon Photography is all of the above and more. It's hard to find a photographer with so much talent...so we snagged them to do our photography as well!

• Piedmont Ave. Oakland, 94611 See on map
    Meetings by Appointment Only
    Location of (Jerry Yoon Photographers)