Jennifer Nies Officiant

Portland, Portland, OR 97214 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Jennifer Nies Officiant

Jennifer Nies is a unique wedding officiant servicing the Portland, Oregon region. She is an ordained interfaith minister and is adept at creating and performing ceremonies that reflect your personal love story, whether you want a ceremony that is steeped in tradition or as unique as you are. Specializing in custom wedding ceremonies and elopements, Jennifer Nies began pursuing her passion for officiant services after quitting her job as a corporate lawyer in New York, in order to help couples design ceremonies that are memorable, wonderful experiences. She can guide you to a ceremony that is perfect to commemorate and celebrate your love.

Jennifer Nies offers officiant services such as writing a ceremony based on what you envision for your special day and performing it at your wedding. She also performs elopement ceremonies, and can help you design a ceremony if you are officiating for a loved one. Jennifer Nies officiates weddings throughout greater Oregon and Washington. Her services include:

• Customized, personalized wedding ceremonies
  • Phone or skype consultations for out-of-towners
Sweet kisses

54 Reviews for Jennifer Nies Officiant

1 User photo

Jennifer Nies Officiant 1

corinna · Married on 03/01/2019

Jennifer Nies was such a great decision in our wedding vendor selection. I will describe some of the highlights of her work below.

My now husband and I were in a panic to find a complete stranger to say some of the most important words spoken in ones lifetime. We met with a handful of officiants, yet no one compared to Jennifer. Most vendors will put up a mask and tell you what you want to hear. We didn’t get that vibe from her. She was not only extremely professional, but such a sweet person. After our meeting with her, my husband and I both instantly agreed she was the perfect fit for us.

One of the many things we appreciated about Jennifer was her flexibility. She could accommodate any request for a wedding. If we practiced a mysterious religion and wanted everyone to take a shot of hot sauce then chant something crazy during the wedding.. she could make it happen and do it wonderfully. (This never happened but it sounds like it would be a fun wedding).

The whole process of getting the vows prepared was such a daunting task for me. Only having to answer 10 questions and have her create 30 min of ceremony from it was LIFE SAVING. She took our stories separately and made something that sounded like it came from a PG romance novel.

Another thing my husband and I appreciated about Jennifer was her background in law. This may not seem to correlate, but the way she translated our thoughts was articulated so beautifully. We had multiple people come up to us after the ceremony and express their admiration for her work. The whole night was a big blur, but I do remember the words she spoke to us as we tied the knot. She spoke so clearly and slowly that it grasped all the guests attention.

I could go on and on about why I chose this vendor. If you are reading this, I encourage you to simply have a meeting with her. I have no doubt you will instantly fall in love with her just like we did.

-Corinna M

Emily · Married on 10/07/2018

Jennifer was an amazing officiant! She was really able to capture our personalities as a couple and make a wonderfully unique ceremony script. We got lots of comments afterwards from guests that it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they'd been to. Jennifer made the entire process easy for us and was very timely with all the little updates and changes we had before the day. We highly recommend her!!!

Jennifer Nies Officiant FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins., 30-60 mins., 60+ mins.

• Portland Portland, OR, 97214 See on map