45275 Prickly Pear #5, Palm Desert, CA 92260 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 32

About Jen Plus Colour

Jen Plus Colour was created by Jen Martens.
Her vision is to provide the highest quality hair and makeup services in a relaxing and friendly environment for couples on their wedding day!
Your wedding will be one of the happiest days of your life! This is your chance to be pampered and treated like royalty!
Don't settle for second best when it comes to your hair or makeup!

Jen can accommodate any size party with her team and can travel anywhere for weddings.
Her home is sunny and warm Palm Springs California and some of her favorite wedding venues have been The Viceroy Palm Springs, The Ace Palm Springs, The Frederick Loewe Estate, The O'donnell House (there are so many to count!!). Her work has been featured in various blogs and magazines, including: Palm Springs Life Magazine, 100 Layer Cake, Grey Likes Weddings, Refinery29, Swell Style, Palm Springs Style, My City Everyday Magazine, Wedding Colors and more!

Visit www.JenPlusColour.com to see her work and contact her directly!

WWW.JENPLUSCOLOUR.COM

Jen Plus Colour 6
Jen Plus Colour 7

Sloane French · Married on 05/25/2019

Thr very best!

Jen Plus Everything! Is what Jen Martens company should be called!

The most important thing for me when getting ready on my wedding day was to be surrounded by my best girls and Jen fit in, in the most perfect way!
    Jen has such an infectious calm and nurturing way about her. She is hilarious and she was like having a bestie do my hair and makeup.
    She made me laugh and gave me great advice throughout the day as planners and coordinators came in with questions. I cannot say enough good things about Jen!

Oh yeah - and the hair and make-up was incredible!

I wear very little makeup in my daily life and I was worried about getting it done for the wedding. But there was nothing to fear! Jen she was super understanding about what I wanted and she nailed it.
    I did a trial which was awesome and was so happy with my look. As I got closer to the big day I decided to change my hairstyle and make up a little. Jen was so flexible and made me look like me but better!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 8
    Jen Plus Colour 9
    Jen Plus Colour 10
  • Cindy

Cindy Zhou · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing experience!

Jen did such a great job on my makeup and hair for my Joshua Tree wedding! She was so sweet and professional from the trial to my wedding day. Working with her felt more like hanging out with a friend than dealing with a vendor. I wanted natural makeup and loose curls with a bit of flair and she exceeded me expectations. She was so great at handling my hooded eyes, making them more like “my eyes but better” instead of trying to change them into a completely different shape. She’s also a miracle worker with hair. I have stubborn and slippery straight Asian hair. The hair style I wanted was pretty much the exact opposite of what my hair wants to do normally. But somehow she managed to deliver exactly what I wanted. I got so many compliments on my hair and the style held 14 hrs through several treks in the dessert, the hora and a late night after party.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 11
    Jen Plus Colour 12
    Jen Plus Colour 13
  • Evan

Evan Taksar · Married on 03/12/2019

Amazing amazing!!

I found Jen through a recommendation from my wedding planner, and I am so happy that I did! From the get go Jen made me feel heard and seen. We met for my trial makeup and she had me bring some photos of what I was looking for, but I am sure if you just showed up nothing in mind she would still be equally as helpful. (I recommend when using vendors to always have an idea in mind for what you want -- that way you can work together to come up with the perfect look!) As we sat and went through the makeup trial she stopped at each point to ask me how I felt with the look, what I wanted to change, what I liked or disliked, etc. Don't be afraid to speak up! Sometimes it can be intimidating, but Jen really wants for you to feel the most beautiful on your wedding day, so she is happy to accommodate!

I wasn't originally going to use Jen for my hair, because I had a family hairstylist that I had been planning on using instead. However when my family hairstylist ended up falling through Jen was a lifesaver and was able to book hair as well -- and it ended up working out for the best! Similar to my makeup trial, Jen was incredibly thoughtful and patient with my hair trial. I had less of an idea of what I wanted, so we worked together to come up with the perfect style to fit my dress and comfort level. I'm not a very formal person, so I wanted something that felt natural and casual. Jen definitely delivered.

But the absolute best part of working with Jen and her team was just how little I needed to worry about anything. Once I gave her the names of the bridal party and everyone else getting their makeup done that day Jen coordinated EVERYTHING. She created the schedule of when everybody needed to be where, and was even flexible with a few changes I asked to make at the last minute. On the day of she arrived exactly when she said she would, as did the rest of her team, and the entire day ran so smoothly because of all of her hard work. It was such a blessing to not have to coordinate anything on my wedding day, and I am grateful that Jen helped to ease my stress.

On top of that she uses high quality makeup products, which I was concerned about because I tend to have pretty sensitive skin and easily break out. I was glad to see her makeup kit includes high quality brands that I use at home.

Plus, I loved having the little kit she gave all of us at the end so that we could do lip touchups throughout the night. What a nice touch!!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Jen Plus Colour FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 300.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 130.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 300.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 130.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Consultation, Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Salon, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Haircuts, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes

• Jennifer Yount Photography
    Jennifer Yount Photography Wedding Photographers

Jen is seriously one of the most talented stylists I have worked with and also one of the most enjoyable and personable stylists to have with you all morning. Her makeup and hair styles are perfection and last all day. The vast array of styles that she can create flawlessly will ensure that you will not be limited or disappointed with your special day or your portraits for years following.

• The David Rohr Floral Studio
    The David Rohr Floral Studio Wedding Florists

Jen. I just love her! Always a terrific smile, and her passion for what she does with hair and makeup is wonderful. When ever I walk into a room to delivery the wedding flowers, and Jen is there working her magic, I just KNOW the event will be terrific, and the bride will look amazing!!!! I must tell you this little story. I was sitting at home one evening, about 7:30PM, and I get a text from a TOTALLY FREAKED out bride of mine who was getting married the next day. Her hair and makeup "professional" informed her that she was not going to be available. I was able to reach Jen through Facebook, and put the bride and Jen together. Jen jumped right in, even offered to go over and do a trial before the wedding day...again, above and beyond the call of duty. It is a shame here in the desert, you just don't see that level of service all the time, but not with Jen. She is on our special website for invited professionals, www.PalmSpringsWeddingTeam.com and I truly consider her one of the best team players you could never know. I love you Jen!!!! What color hair this week? :) DAVE

• 45275 Prickly Pear #5 Palm Desert, California, 92260 See on map