Jen Plus Colour Reviews

85 Reviews for Jen Plus Colour

• Jill

Jill Rice · Married on 08/10/2020

Highly Recommend Jen

Jen did the hair and makeup for our wedding, and she was amazing! She is so lovely to work with and did such a beautiful job on everyone. She listened carefully to what each person wanted and beautifully executed each person's vision. I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for a natural look!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Anne

Anne Brandt · Married on 12/10/2019

Best hair and make-up stylist for your wedding

I hired Jen for our wedding in October 2019. Prior to the actual wedding, I did a trial and extended my appointment to include a cut and colour. This is the way to go so she could cut/colour my hair to the wedding day style. Jen gave me all the confidence in the world that she and her team would deliver on our wedding day...and she did. Every person in the wedding party looked fantastic. She was always on time, very organized, and a genuine pleasure to work with. All of our vendors knew of Jen as she is truly one of the best!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Lori

Lori Ergas · Married on 10/27/2019

Loved our Hair and Makeup with Jen!!!

Jen and her team are truly amazing! They are so professional and talented and did a superb job of hair and make up for my daughter's wedding oct 27th/19. We are from out of town so our wedding planner highly recommended Jen and her team. The bride and her bridesmaids were all so happy with their results. I have never ever liked my hair after getting it done but my daughter convinced me as mother of the bride I needed to do it... so I did and I have never loved my hair as much, Jen did a really beautiful job, really loved it!!! She also coloured my hair a few days prior to wedding and love that also. she has a great team we are so happy and photos look so good!!! Thank you Jen!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie Witkower · Married on 10/27/2019

Jen is incredible!

OOOOOOOHHHH MY. This queen. She made me GLOW on my wedding day! She made *me* feel beautiful. She enhanced the features of my face vs just put makeup on me. I LOVE HER AND SHE IS SUCH A GOOD HUMAN. HIRE HER!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany Abraham · Married on 10/19/2019

Jen is amazing with natural makeup!

I’m not a big makeup person in general so I was nervous to get my makeup done for my big day — I wanted to still look like me! Jen did such a fabulous job making all of us look like the most beautiful versions of ourselves! We were all so so happy and I can’t recommend her enough! Thank you thank you!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Shanan Goldsmith · Married on 09/23/2019

LOVED working with Jen!!

Jen was so professional, kind and easy to work with. I LOVED my hair and makeup and got so many compliments through out the whole day. She is the best and I highly recommend her to any bride wanting to look and feel her best!!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Molly

Molly Knox Ostertag · Married on 09/21/2019

cool lady, beautiful work

Jen did amazing makeup and hair for my now-wife and our moms! She is super knowledgable and really understood when we both wanted makeup that wasn't too feminine but still made us look amazing on our wedding day. She was also just really fun to talk to during a time that could have been a little anxiety inducing. Thank you Jen for making these gay dorks look so pretty!!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Sam · Married on 09/20/2019

Dream Come True

I was planning my wedding to take place in Palm Desert, Ca all the way from Memphis, TN & I didn't have the opportunity to do a lot of hair and makeup trials, however, when I was reading reviews, I came across Jen. WOW! Not only were her prices extremely reasonable, but Jen was also really great at making me feel comfortable and didn't judge me for not knowing exactly what I wanted. All I asked was that she made me look pretty, and she did even better than that. From our trial the week of my wedding to my actual wedding day, Jen made me feel like a queen/ model. I absolutely LOVED my hair & Makeup - it looked like something you'd find on Pinterest! She was so sweet and definitely added to the excitement and smile that I had on the whole day of my wedding. I couldn't be happier with how well my hair and makeup turned out and my bridesmaids were absolutely STUNNING too! I wish I could do it all over agian! THANK YOU JEN!!!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Sloane French · Married on 05/25/2019

Thr very best!

Jen Plus Everything! Is what Jen Martens company should be called!

The most important thing for me when getting ready on my wedding day was to be surrounded by my best girls and Jen fit in, in the most perfect way!
    Jen has such an infectious calm and nurturing way about her. She is hilarious and she was like having a bestie do my hair and makeup.
    She made me laugh and gave me great advice throughout the day as planners and coordinators came in with questions. I cannot say enough good things about Jen!

Oh yeah - and the hair and make-up was incredible!

I wear very little makeup in my daily life and I was worried about getting it done for the wedding. But there was nothing to fear! Jen she was super understanding about what I wanted and she nailed it.
    I did a trial which was awesome and was so happy with my look. As I got closer to the big day I decided to change my hairstyle and make up a little. Jen was so flexible and made me look like me but better!

Sent on 06/30/2019

laura koleniak · Married on 05/10/2019

Jen is amazing!

Working with Jen for my hair and make-up was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day! I was planning the wedding from across the country and Jen was so patient, understanding and thoughtful during the planning process. She made me feel at ease the entire time - I knew I was in good hands! She understood my hair and make-up vision and made me feel so beautiful and confident on my wedding day. I should also mention her team was so organized and professional. Not only were they able to execute beautiful services for my 10 bridesmaids, MOB, MIL, and 2 flower girls, but they finished EARLY, leaving us plenty of time to celebrate and take pictures. Jen is the best, you won't regret hiring her!

Sent on 04/14/2020
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Reetz · Married on 03/24/2019

Jen was a DREAM to work with!

My experience with Jen was fantastic from our initial email exchange. She is professional, funny, kind-hearted and did I mention uber talented!? Because I had a destination wedding and traveling was difficult with my work schedule, Jen graciously worked on a holiday weekend to complete my hair/make-up trial. At my trial, Jen tried multiple hair styles I was contemplating, took excellent photos and notes and even sent me photos of other ideas I had expressed. Leading up to the wedding day, Jen was so flexible in reworking the day-of schedule numerous times without hesitation. She also takes the uncomfortable money situation out of your hands by invoicing bridesmaids directly, and before the wedding so that there’s no money handling/awkward “oh gosh, where can I find an ATM?” situations. Jen has her shit together yall! On the wedding day, her team arrived prompt and ready. I never once felt like we were running out of time or that anyone’s hair or makeup was being rushed. I felt relaxed and at ease! That just speaks to the overall professionalism and talent that Jen and her team bring to the table. At one point, I remember her team being ahead of schedule and kindly added a last-minute hair styling for my Mom. If you want a top-notch experience, do not look any further. Jen also provides touch-up kits, which honestly, I didn’t even use because my makeup lasted all day and night. And if all this wasn’t enough, I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Jen is a master at enhancing your natural features and beauty in a way that doesn’t look fake or make you feel photoshopped. Book Jen now for your wedding, because I promise you will not be disappointed!
    *photos provided by Jenn Emerling (http://www.jennemerlingweddings.com)

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy Zhou · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing experience!

Jen did such a great job on my makeup and hair for my Joshua Tree wedding! She was so sweet and professional from the trial to my wedding day. Working with her felt more like hanging out with a friend than dealing with a vendor. I wanted natural makeup and loose curls with a bit of flair and she exceeded me expectations. She was so great at handling my hooded eyes, making them more like “my eyes but better” instead of trying to change them into a completely different shape. She’s also a miracle worker with hair. I have stubborn and slippery straight Asian hair. The hair style I wanted was pretty much the exact opposite of what my hair wants to do normally. But somehow she managed to deliver exactly what I wanted. I got so many compliments on my hair and the style held 14 hrs through several treks in the dessert, the hora and a late night after party.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Evan

Evan Taksar · Married on 03/12/2019

Amazing amazing!!

I found Jen through a recommendation from my wedding planner, and I am so happy that I did! From the get go Jen made me feel heard and seen. We met for my trial makeup and she had me bring some photos of what I was looking for, but I am sure if you just showed up nothing in mind she would still be equally as helpful. (I recommend when using vendors to always have an idea in mind for what you want -- that way you can work together to come up with the perfect look!) As we sat and went through the makeup trial she stopped at each point to ask me how I felt with the look, what I wanted to change, what I liked or disliked, etc. Don't be afraid to speak up! Sometimes it can be intimidating, but Jen really wants for you to feel the most beautiful on your wedding day, so she is happy to accommodate!

I wasn't originally going to use Jen for my hair, because I had a family hairstylist that I had been planning on using instead. However when my family hairstylist ended up falling through Jen was a lifesaver and was able to book hair as well -- and it ended up working out for the best! Similar to my makeup trial, Jen was incredibly thoughtful and patient with my hair trial. I had less of an idea of what I wanted, so we worked together to come up with the perfect style to fit my dress and comfort level. I'm not a very formal person, so I wanted something that felt natural and casual. Jen definitely delivered.

But the absolute best part of working with Jen and her team was just how little I needed to worry about anything. Once I gave her the names of the bridal party and everyone else getting their makeup done that day Jen coordinated EVERYTHING. She created the schedule of when everybody needed to be where, and was even flexible with a few changes I asked to make at the last minute. On the day of she arrived exactly when she said she would, as did the rest of her team, and the entire day ran so smoothly because of all of her hard work. It was such a blessing to not have to coordinate anything on my wedding day, and I am grateful that Jen helped to ease my stress.

On top of that she uses high quality makeup products, which I was concerned about because I tend to have pretty sensitive skin and easily break out. I was glad to see her makeup kit includes high quality brands that I use at home.

Plus, I loved having the little kit she gave all of us at the end so that we could do lip touchups throughout the night. What a nice touch!!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Megan

Megan Ar · Married on 03/11/2019

Incredibly talented

Jen did an incredible job with both my hair and makeup as well as my mom's. She's extremely talented, flexible, and made sure I got exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend her and would be happy to serve as a reference for anyone with questions. I felt so beautiful on my big day :)

Sent on 11/15/2019

Jamie Petrusich · Married on 02/23/2019

Best Stylist

I cannot recommended Jen enough! She came highly recommended from my wedding planner and after reviewing many stylists, Jen was an easy decision. I have very curly hair and many stylists aren't comfortable or very good at working with it. Jen killed it at the trial and then the day of I couldn't have asked for a better job. I also wanted very natural and glowing makeup, I gave her very little direction and she was able to run with it. 5/5 for Jen for sure!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Taylor Coyne · Married on 01/20/2019

Perfect experience!

Jen is amazing!! She came highly recommended by my wedding planners and I can't thank them enough for making the suggestion. I went for a more natural look with my hair blown out and Jen totally understood the ask and worked with me to execute everything to perfection despite my lack of knowledge in explaining exactly what I wanted. I only wish that I lived closer to Jen so she could make me look as good as I did for my wedding all the time. The team she brought with her was also great and everyone who got their hair or makeup done by them was really pleased. Jen is also just really fun and has a great attitude so it's a lovely energy to have around while you're getting ready.

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful Work, Friendly & Fun!

My wedding planner suggested using Jen for my hair & makeup, and I am so glad she did! We scheduled a trial hair & makeup appointment prior to the wedding and it was such a great experience. Jen helped me figure out what I wanted, changed my hairstyle when I realized my original description wasn't quite right, and by the end of the appointment, I felt like I had just visited a friend! With that being said, I couldn't wait to work with her again for our wedding. Come wedding day, Jen was a prompt to arrive, kept to her schedule, chatted with my bridesmaids getting their hair &makeup done, helped me relax, and most importantly, did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup! All of my bridesmaids were also thrilled with their hair & makeup. All of our hair styles held up through the entire wedding and after party and both their and my makeup didn't fade after hours and hours of dancing, eating, drinking, and smiling. Working with Jen was so great that I can't wait for my next event to get my hair & makeup done!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Jess

Jess Woodson · Married on 12/07/2018

Jen is just the best!

When I was looking for someone to do my hair for my wedding I had no idea who to book! My wedding planner immediately recommended Jen and I am so glad she did!!! I checked out Jen's Instagram and saw that all the brides really just looked like the best version of themselves. I booked her not only to do my wedding hair but also to cut and fix my horrible hair color. She did an AMAZING job. On the day of the wedding she did the hair and makeup of me, my very picky maid of honor and my mom (who was super nervous about hair and makeup!). All 3 of us raved about what a beautiful job she did. My mom is still talking about how great her eyebrows looked haha! The best part though is that Jen is fun and really listens to you! (And she loves dogs) She made our morning such an easy and joyful experience. She really is as great as all the reviews say!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Carissa Nash · Married on 12/05/2018

Loved my Jen Plus Colour Experience!

Jen and her assistant Justine are friendly, professional and lovely to be around. From my first email to Jen she was prompt to reply and thorough with detail. I eloped to palm Springs from Australia so I only had email contact with Jen prior to my big day (no trial). On my elopement day she listened to what I wanted with both my makeup and hair looks and created something that I loved. Thanks again Jen!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jennifer Quotson · Married on 12/02/2018

An amazing wedding experience

Being an executive in the creative field, I was very nervous to choose someone to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, knowing that I would likely have a strong sense of what I would want. That being said, my wedding experience would not be the same without Jen. Not only did she make me feel absolutely beautiful - she was patient, kind, supportive, and made me feel at ease. She is so talented, and I would have nothing but praise when it comes to my experience with her. I would absolutely hire her again! Simply put, Jen is AMAZING.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Corrie Blissit · Married on 10/27/2018

Love love love

Jen and her team were amazing! Not only are they fun and very open to creating a look (she did hair and makeup for me and party) that is completely YOU, but they are also very professional. From the booking, to the trial session, to the actual "day of" we were always ahead of schedule! It was a dream to work with her and I couldn't have been happier with the end result. I would absolutely hire her again and recommend her to all of my friends!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Kadie · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing! 10/10

I used to say I felt the most beautiful when Jen did my hair for my sister’s wedding in 2013. And then came my turn! I felt beautiful, amazing and confident all thanks to Jen. My hair and makeup were perfect! There’s no one else I would trust for not only special events but with my hair in general! Thank you Jen

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

In love with my wedding look and jen!

Jen is a hair and makeup goddess! I have never felt as radiant as I did during my wedding weekend!

Not only does Jen come highly recommended - she delivers! I had a very specific idea in mind (moody, dramatic, dark eye with matte, deep hue lip) for my makeup and she was able to achieve that and more to complete my look. For hair - I let her take the reigns and I am so glad that I did.

Jen is a true pro and she is so down to earth and easy to chat with. I actually hope to be real life friends with her because she is just a kind and genuine person!

Bonus: She sends you and your wedding party away with touch up kits! So amazing! Everyone was able to keep their face looking fresh throughout the evening.

Thank you, Jen!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing to work with

Jen and team were so professional, friendly and fantastic to work with. We had over 23 people to have hair, make-up, or both to do on my wedding day. Her team was extremely talented and everyone looked absolutely beautiful. I got so many compliments. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Jen! I’d hire her and her team again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/15/2018

Natural never looked soo glamorous!

I absolutely LOVED working with Jen! My daily makeup routine is pretty minimal and I wanted a natural look for my wedding day. She listened to every vague input i gave and somehow figured out exactly what I was asking for! I have combination skin but she made my skin look glowing and she somehow made my brown eyes totally pop. We did a rehearsal session the day before so we could make tweaks the day of, but she absolutely nailed it on the first try! I loved the makeup she used, it didn't feel heavy or caked on and it lasted through the summer heat and sweaty dance floor. Not only did she do a stellar job, but I absolutely loved working with her. She's soo much fun to be around, rolled with the punches when the schedule didn't quite go as planned, and she just made me feel soo relaxed and calm. She also gives you a lip and touchup kit that came in handy all night long. I'm soo thankful to have had her on my big day, not only did she do a stellar job on me and my party, but she was such a joy to be around.

Sent on 10/26/2018