Jen Plus Colour Reviews

Jen Plus Colour 6
Jen Plus Colour 7

Sloane French · Married on 05/25/2019

Thr very best!

Jen Plus Everything! Is what Jen Martens company should be called!

The most important thing for me when getting ready on my wedding day was to be surrounded by my best girls and Jen fit in, in the most perfect way!
    Jen has such an infectious calm and nurturing way about her. She is hilarious and she was like having a bestie do my hair and makeup.
    She made me laugh and gave me great advice throughout the day as planners and coordinators came in with questions. I cannot say enough good things about Jen!

Oh yeah - and the hair and make-up was incredible!

I wear very little makeup in my daily life and I was worried about getting it done for the wedding. But there was nothing to fear! Jen she was super understanding about what I wanted and she nailed it.
    I did a trial which was awesome and was so happy with my look. As I got closer to the big day I decided to change my hairstyle and make up a little. Jen was so flexible and made me look like me but better!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 8
    Jen Plus Colour 9
    Jen Plus Colour 10
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Reetz · Married on 03/24/2019

Jen was a DREAM to work with!

My experience with Jen was fantastic from our initial email exchange. She is professional, funny, kind-hearted and did I mention uber talented!? Because I had a destination wedding and traveling was difficult with my work schedule, Jen graciously worked on a holiday weekend to complete my hair/make-up trial. At my trial, Jen tried multiple hair styles I was contemplating, took excellent photos and notes and even sent me photos of other ideas I had expressed. Leading up to the wedding day, Jen was so flexible in reworking the day-of schedule numerous times without hesitation. She also takes the uncomfortable money situation out of your hands by invoicing bridesmaids directly, and before the wedding so that there’s no money handling/awkward “oh gosh, where can I find an ATM?” situations. Jen has her shit together yall! On the wedding day, her team arrived prompt and ready. I never once felt like we were running out of time or that anyone’s hair or makeup was being rushed. I felt relaxed and at ease! That just speaks to the overall professionalism and talent that Jen and her team bring to the table. At one point, I remember her team being ahead of schedule and kindly added a last-minute hair styling for my Mom. If you want a top-notch experience, do not look any further. Jen also provides touch-up kits, which honestly, I didn’t even use because my makeup lasted all day and night. And if all this wasn’t enough, I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Jen is a master at enhancing your natural features and beauty in a way that doesn’t look fake or make you feel photoshopped. Book Jen now for your wedding, because I promise you will not be disappointed!
    *photos provided by Jenn Emerling (http://www.jennemerlingweddings.com)

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 18
  • Cindy

Cindy Zhou · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing experience!

Jen did such a great job on my makeup and hair for my Joshua Tree wedding! She was so sweet and professional from the trial to my wedding day. Working with her felt more like hanging out with a friend than dealing with a vendor. I wanted natural makeup and loose curls with a bit of flair and she exceeded me expectations. She was so great at handling my hooded eyes, making them more like “my eyes but better” instead of trying to change them into a completely different shape. She’s also a miracle worker with hair. I have stubborn and slippery straight Asian hair. The hair style I wanted was pretty much the exact opposite of what my hair wants to do normally. But somehow she managed to deliver exactly what I wanted. I got so many compliments on my hair and the style held 14 hrs through several treks in the dessert, the hora and a late night after party.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 19
    Jen Plus Colour 20
    Jen Plus Colour 21
  • Evan

Evan Taksar · Married on 03/12/2019

Amazing amazing!!

I found Jen through a recommendation from my wedding planner, and I am so happy that I did! From the get go Jen made me feel heard and seen. We met for my trial makeup and she had me bring some photos of what I was looking for, but I am sure if you just showed up nothing in mind she would still be equally as helpful. (I recommend when using vendors to always have an idea in mind for what you want -- that way you can work together to come up with the perfect look!) As we sat and went through the makeup trial she stopped at each point to ask me how I felt with the look, what I wanted to change, what I liked or disliked, etc. Don't be afraid to speak up! Sometimes it can be intimidating, but Jen really wants for you to feel the most beautiful on your wedding day, so she is happy to accommodate!

I wasn't originally going to use Jen for my hair, because I had a family hairstylist that I had been planning on using instead. However when my family hairstylist ended up falling through Jen was a lifesaver and was able to book hair as well -- and it ended up working out for the best! Similar to my makeup trial, Jen was incredibly thoughtful and patient with my hair trial. I had less of an idea of what I wanted, so we worked together to come up with the perfect style to fit my dress and comfort level. I'm not a very formal person, so I wanted something that felt natural and casual. Jen definitely delivered.

But the absolute best part of working with Jen and her team was just how little I needed to worry about anything. Once I gave her the names of the bridal party and everyone else getting their makeup done that day Jen coordinated EVERYTHING. She created the schedule of when everybody needed to be where, and was even flexible with a few changes I asked to make at the last minute. On the day of she arrived exactly when she said she would, as did the rest of her team, and the entire day ran so smoothly because of all of her hard work. It was such a blessing to not have to coordinate anything on my wedding day, and I am grateful that Jen helped to ease my stress.

On top of that she uses high quality makeup products, which I was concerned about because I tend to have pretty sensitive skin and easily break out. I was glad to see her makeup kit includes high quality brands that I use at home.

Plus, I loved having the little kit she gave all of us at the end so that we could do lip touchups throughout the night. What a nice touch!!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Jamie Petrusich · Married on 02/23/2019

Best Stylist

I cannot recommended Jen enough! She came highly recommended from my wedding planner and after reviewing many stylists, Jen was an easy decision. I have very curly hair and many stylists aren't comfortable or very good at working with it. Jen killed it at the trial and then the day of I couldn't have asked for a better job. I also wanted very natural and glowing makeup, I gave her very little direction and she was able to run with it. 5/5 for Jen for sure!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Taylor Coyne · Married on 01/20/2019

Perfect experience!

Jen is amazing!! She came highly recommended by my wedding planners and I can't thank them enough for making the suggestion. I went for a more natural look with my hair blown out and Jen totally understood the ask and worked with me to execute everything to perfection despite my lack of knowledge in explaining exactly what I wanted. I only wish that I lived closer to Jen so she could make me look as good as I did for my wedding all the time. The team she brought with her was also great and everyone who got their hair or makeup done by them was really pleased. Jen is also just really fun and has a great attitude so it's a lovely energy to have around while you're getting ready.

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful Work, Friendly & Fun!

My wedding planner suggested using Jen for my hair & makeup, and I am so glad she did! We scheduled a trial hair & makeup appointment prior to the wedding and it was such a great experience. Jen helped me figure out what I wanted, changed my hairstyle when I realized my original description wasn't quite right, and by the end of the appointment, I felt like I had just visited a friend! With that being said, I couldn't wait to work with her again for our wedding. Come wedding day, Jen was a prompt to arrive, kept to her schedule, chatted with my bridesmaids getting their hair &makeup done, helped me relax, and most importantly, did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup! All of my bridesmaids were also thrilled with their hair & makeup. All of our hair styles held up through the entire wedding and after party and both their and my makeup didn't fade after hours and hours of dancing, eating, drinking, and smiling. Working with Jen was so great that I can't wait for my next event to get my hair & makeup done!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 22
    Jen Plus Colour 23
    Jen Plus Colour 24
    Jen Plus Colour 25
  • Jess

Jess Woodson · Married on 12/07/2018

Jen is just the best!

When I was looking for someone to do my hair for my wedding I had no idea who to book! My wedding planner immediately recommended Jen and I am so glad she did!!! I checked out Jen's Instagram and saw that all the brides really just looked like the best version of themselves. I booked her not only to do my wedding hair but also to cut and fix my horrible hair color. She did an AMAZING job. On the day of the wedding she did the hair and makeup of me, my very picky maid of honor and my mom (who was super nervous about hair and makeup!). All 3 of us raved about what a beautiful job she did. My mom is still talking about how great her eyebrows looked haha! The best part though is that Jen is fun and really listens to you! (And she loves dogs) She made our morning such an easy and joyful experience. She really is as great as all the reviews say!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 26
    Jen Plus Colour 27
    Jen Plus Colour 28
    Jen Plus Colour 29
    Jen Plus Colour 30

Carissa Nash · Married on 12/05/2018

Loved my Jen Plus Colour Experience!

Jen and her assistant Justine are friendly, professional and lovely to be around. From my first email to Jen she was prompt to reply and thorough with detail. I eloped to palm Springs from Australia so I only had email contact with Jen prior to my big day (no trial). On my elopement day she listened to what I wanted with both my makeup and hair looks and created something that I loved. Thanks again Jen!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jennifer Quotson · Married on 12/02/2018

An amazing wedding experience

Being an executive in the creative field, I was very nervous to choose someone to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, knowing that I would likely have a strong sense of what I would want. That being said, my wedding experience would not be the same without Jen. Not only did she make me feel absolutely beautiful - she was patient, kind, supportive, and made me feel at ease. She is so talented, and I would have nothing but praise when it comes to my experience with her. I would absolutely hire her again! Simply put, Jen is AMAZING.

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 31

Corrie Blissit · Married on 10/27/2018

Love love love

Jen and her team were amazing! Not only are they fun and very open to creating a look (she did hair and makeup for me and party) that is completely YOU, but they are also very professional. From the booking, to the trial session, to the actual "day of" we were always ahead of schedule! It was a dream to work with her and I couldn't have been happier with the end result. I would absolutely hire her again and recommend her to all of my friends!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 32

Kadie · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing! 10/10

I used to say I felt the most beautiful when Jen did my hair for my sister’s wedding in 2013. And then came my turn! I felt beautiful, amazing and confident all thanks to Jen. My hair and makeup were perfect! There’s no one else I would trust for not only special events but with my hair in general! Thank you Jen

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 33
    Jen Plus Colour 34
    Jen Plus Colour 35
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

In love with my wedding look and jen!

Jen is a hair and makeup goddess! I have never felt as radiant as I did during my wedding weekend!

Not only does Jen come highly recommended - she delivers! I had a very specific idea in mind (moody, dramatic, dark eye with matte, deep hue lip) for my makeup and she was able to achieve that and more to complete my look. For hair - I let her take the reigns and I am so glad that I did.

Jen is a true pro and she is so down to earth and easy to chat with. I actually hope to be real life friends with her because she is just a kind and genuine person!

Bonus: She sends you and your wedding party away with touch up kits! So amazing! Everyone was able to keep their face looking fresh throughout the evening.

Thank you, Jen!

Sent on 03/21/2019
    Jen Plus Colour 36
    Jen Plus Colour 37
    Jen Plus Colour 38
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing to work with

Jen and team were so professional, friendly and fantastic to work with. We had over 23 people to have hair, make-up, or both to do on my wedding day. Her team was extremely talented and everyone looked absolutely beautiful. I got so many compliments. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Jen! I’d hire her and her team again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 45
    Jen Plus Colour 46
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/15/2018

Natural never looked soo glamorous!

I absolutely LOVED working with Jen! My daily makeup routine is pretty minimal and I wanted a natural look for my wedding day. She listened to every vague input i gave and somehow figured out exactly what I was asking for! I have combination skin but she made my skin look glowing and she somehow made my brown eyes totally pop. We did a rehearsal session the day before so we could make tweaks the day of, but she absolutely nailed it on the first try! I loved the makeup she used, it didn't feel heavy or caked on and it lasted through the summer heat and sweaty dance floor. Not only did she do a stellar job, but I absolutely loved working with her. She's soo much fun to be around, rolled with the punches when the schedule didn't quite go as planned, and she just made me feel soo relaxed and calm. She also gives you a lip and touchup kit that came in handy all night long. I'm soo thankful to have had her on my big day, not only did she do a stellar job on me and my party, but she was such a joy to be around.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Christina · Married on 06/02/2018

After interviewing close to 16 hair and makeup consultants I decided on Jen. Not because she was the least expensive but because of who she is, and how she made me feel at ease in chatting with her. She is organized beyond words - provides a timeline to match with the coordinator, provides the cutest touch up kits too! I had a very specific vision of my hair and makeup and Jen was extremely patient and made my vision a reality! My makeup and hair was perfection and I couldn’t be happier - I was at peace knowing Jen understood what I wanted and I trusted her to make it happen. She did my hair and makeup and one of my bridesmaids and we looked gorg - it was like we were hanging out with a friend that was doing our makeup! I’m beyond words grateful for Jen and her talent and above all I have found a forever hair gal and makeup gal in PD and a friend!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2018

I had a wonderful experience booking Jen for my wedding. From the trial session to my wedding day she was nothing but professional, positive and a calming breath of fresh air. Jen brought a great group to help her out with my bridal party and I had countless positive comments from my bridesmaids and guests about how beautiful everyone's hair and makeup was. As the bride, I was indecisive until my wedding day about how I wanted my hair and Jen took it all in stride and was able to interpret my vision. I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day. My hair and makeup exceeded all my expectations.

Jen makes sure the bride and bridesmaids natural beauty shines though and is fantastic to work with! Can't thank you enough for making me feel radiant on my wedding day. You are the best, Jen!

Sent on 06/17/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 47

Mary · Married on 05/25/2018

Jen is an absolute gem! I consider myself very particular and I like things to be done a certain way which is why it takes me a long time to decide on anything especially if it's an investment but after following Jen for over a year on Instagram I knew she would be the perfect investment for my wedding as a hair and make-up artist. She listens, doesn't do anything bold unless you request it. She keeps to your natural beauty and is so lovely to hang out with all day on your special day! You won't regret her!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Ellie · Married on 05/04/2018

Jen and her assistant provided hair and make up for my bridesmaid, my mom and a few of my friends who wanted to look especially lovely on my wedding day. Jen also did my hair, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to have her talent and professionalism on the day. Jen listened to the needs and wants for my friends who knew exactly what they wanted, and guided those who really had no idea at all. It was a true delight spending the time with Jen whilst we all got ready; she made sure we stuck to our schedule without ever making anyone feel rushed or hurried. I spent a couple of hours with Jen a few weeks before the day to try out a few styles and make sure picture were taken so that she was able to recreate the final style. Everyone loved their final looks and still looked picture perfect after a few steamy hours on the dance floor. Thank you, Jen, it was a pleasure working with you- if only we could do it all again!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Katie · Married on 03/31/2018

Jen was a recommendation from my pal who is a photographer in the wedding industry. Jen totally knocked it out of the park and made not only myself, but all 8 of my bridesmaids, look absolutely fantastic. Not only did she do an excellent job and stay true to schedule, but she's a joy to chat with. She's one of the best decisions I could have made to make the day so special.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Melinda · Married on 03/03/2018

Jen was such an absolute pleasure to work with throughout my whole wedding experience. Her talent is obvious from the pictures she shares so I wasn’t worried about that, but what I loved most is her fun real spirit. She isn’t all talk, just totally normal and made me feel calm on the day. Plus - I loved my makeup! Can’t recommend her highly enough. Love ya girl!

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 48
    Jen Plus Colour 49
    Jen Plus Colour 50

Jenelle · Married on 02/21/2018

Wonderful from start to finish - I felt that I could trust Jen and her work right away and when planning a wedding from a distance, peace of mind is everything. The day of was relaxing, easy going and what she did for me was exactly what I had pictured for myself on my big day.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Thomas · Married on 02/17/2018

Jen and her team were outstanding! From the very beginning of the process, Jen was so kind and professional, and helped guide us through exactly what each of us would need for the big day. Her makeup and styling was beautiful, and the girls looked incredible (and were so happy with how they looked!). We cannot recommend her enough if you are getting married in Palm Springs or anywhere in the Coachella Valley. She is outstanding!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 02/10/2018

Jen and her team FAR exceeded my expectations. Working with her was an absolute dream. I had a fabulous trial and Jen was open to any and all changes I wanted and we were able to lock down the perfect look. On the wedding day her and the team were on time and so efficient it allowed us to relax and not be stressed while getting ready. Each and everyone of my bridesmaids looked and felt amazing! Jen somehow made me look even 100x better than at the trial, I am not sure how she did it but I was glowing like I couldn't even believe. Jen really means what she says when she has mastered the "natural look" I didn't have that much makeup done but still felt like a star. Jen seriously helped make my day perfect and on top of that my hair and makeup lasted the WHOLE night. After 3 full hours of dancing I looked like I had just gotten up off of her chair. The fact that she includes a touch up kit is such a nice plus but I almost didn't need it since I still looked so good! Jen is the best, I would recommend her over and over again. The pictures below are not even from our professional photographer, that is how good she made me look and feel!

Sent on 02/14/2018
    Jen Plus Colour 51
    Jen Plus Colour 52
    Jen Plus Colour 53

Leslie · Married on 11/19/2017

When her aunt told me and my fiancé that she had a daughter who was a talented hair and make-up artist in Palm Springs, I of course had my hesitance. But the more research I did on weddings and wedding vendors in the Palm Springs area, every photograph of a Bride whose make-up I fawned over, Jen was credited. I contacted her right away and booked her for my November wedding. I love Jen's unparalleled natural artistic talent because it is her passion and she truly knows her brand-- natural, classic, timeless beauty. I am very particular when it comes to my hair and make-up day to day, so when it came to my wedding I knew I had to find someone who I could trust completely, and Jen was that person. I knew I could show her a few images of beauty and hair inspiration and leave the remainder up to her. Just scroll through her Instagram, she's talented and consistent. I could not be more thankful for Jen for making me and my bridal party feel and look amazing-- plus she is a doll to hang out with and talk to while getting ready for your wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2018