Hope Bakes

Salinas, CA View map

Hope Bakes is currently closed.

Thank you for all the support I hope to open back up in the future.

Hope Bakes is a small pastry business out of the Carmel Valley offering a wide variety of dessert options for special events. Being such a small operation, one person strong to be exact, I get to offer a very personal one on one cake experience. That being said I book quickly as I only take on one cake a week.

About Owner Hope Avery

Hope grew up on strawberries and sunshine in the Salinas Valley and after finding her true love and a failed attempt at “regular college” Hope decided to follow a dream and go to pastry school. Hope graduated second in her class from International Culinary Center in San Jose in 2011 and was ready to dive into the baking a pastry world. She landed at none other then the Big Sur Bakery and Restaurant where she thrived under owner Michelle Rizzolo and head baker Matthew Somerville as their assistant baker. After adding mom to her list of titles she decided she wanted to add another title: Entrepreneur. Hope started Hope Bakes in 2016, a one women operation where she does everything from grocery shop to washing dishes... oh, and also creates the most delicious works of art you will ever eat.

$7.50

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$10.50

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$5

What services do your prices include?

Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Fruit
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Cutters
Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Andrew Married on 06/23/2018
    My wife is vegan and we were having a difficult time finding a baker who could make a vegan cake for our wedding on June 23rd, 2018. I let my mom take over the search, and she ended up finding Hope. Hope was immediately excited about making a vegan cake, and we decided on doing white cake, with strawberries. The cake turned out amazing!!! It was the best cake we ever had, and it was completely VEGAN!!! Hope delivered the cake to our reception and even added some greenery to the cake that we left there for her. Thank you so much for making our cake and it really made my wife happy and our wedding a special day.

-Andrew Linderman (mother was Carolyn Linderman who ordered the cake)
    Allison Married on 06/16/2018
    Hope baked a beautiful and delicious carrot cake as well as wonderful chocolate brownies and white chocolate lime blondie cookies for my wedding. Everyone raved about our desserts!

She was easy to work with and very responsive - even after just delivering her baby! Highly recommended!!

Thanks so much, Hope Bakes!

Hope Bakes's reply:

Thank you for your beautiful review! It was a pleasure making the desserts and cake for the wedding!
    Gioconda Married on 03/31/2018
    Hope baked two beautiful and delicious vegan wedding cakes for our daughter's wedding. She was responsive to the food sensitivities of the bride and groom. To put more"icing on the cake", she made some divine vegan chocolate truffles for all.

Hope Bakes's reply:

Thank you for your amazing review! This vegan cake was super fun! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!

Salinas, CA, 93906
8319055546
Location of (Hope Bakes)

Other vendors in Monterey for your wedding