Hair Design Zone is a wedding hair styling service based out of Rockville, Maryland. Hair Design Zone is owned and operated by Jane Ma, a talented hair stylist who has a passion for wedding beauty styling. Japenese precision and innovation sit at the heart of Hair Design Zone. Jane Ma and her team of expert stylists are committed to offering their clients the best beauty services a modern salon can provide. With their help, you can relax, unwind, and get ready to head to your wedding day celebration looking and feeling amazing.
Hair Design Zone can service groups of up to 10 clients at once, with group discounts and men's grooming available. They are located in the heart of Rockville, making for convenient access. Makeup application offerings include contour makeup and fake lashes, while hair offerings include the following:
Other couples have also viewed:
2 Reviews for Hair Design Zone
Recommended by 60% of couples
Roisin · Married on 05/14/2016
I got married a few months ago and Jane Ma and her team did my hair along with my mother's hair and five bridesmaids hair. I also had my makeup done at the salon, which turned out great as well! Everything came out great and all of us had a wonderful experience at Hair Design Zone! My hair came out with the curly, wispy, not overdone look that I was hoping for and stayed looking perfect all day and night! She did a great job of listening to what I wanted and so did the make-up artist, who was especially willing to work with me and listen to the look that I was going for! Jane also did a fantastic job with my mom's hair!Sent on 08/25/2016
We had a really great time at the salon with my family and bridesmaids. They allowed us to bring in snacks and drinks and had great music playing! We also got great "first time" deals at the salon. It was a really fun way to spend the morning of my wedding!
Thanks to the Hair Design Zone team for such a great experience and a great look!
User5366696 · 2+ years ago
I thankfully only did a trial for hair and makeup at Hair Design Zone. Here is a short list of things that did not go well:Sent on 04/22/2016
- Without asking my permission, the hair and makeup artist had a photographer lurking about taking my picture the whole trial.
- The foundation and cheek makeup were caked on and not applied with precision at all. When I asked her to blend the "contoured" streaks on my cheeks, she simply went over them with more foundation. When I asked her again later to fix it, she loaded more light-colored makeup onto my cheeks, which created grayish streaks. I took a trip to the bathroom before I left the salon just to wipe off a few layers before going out in public.
- I am a caucasian brunette and fake lashes were applied in a downward fashion making my eyes look droopy and sad. I asked her to fix them and she simply cut them shorter instead of taking them off and reapplying them at a flattering angle.
- The eyebrows were colored much too dark for my complexion and for the "soft" bridal look I was seeking. When I told her I wanted them lighter, she did nothing and simply told me that she would fix them on the wedding day...
- The eye makeup was so dark and overdone you'd think I was going clubbing rather than having a late afternoon garden wedding.
- Lipstick was everywhere! My lips were all sorts of crooked. She forgot she tested different colors on her arm and accidentally wiped it all over my shirt. This is not a joke.
- The back of my hair was not ugly but not what I asked for. After she teased the front of my hair, she sprayed it and simply patted it down, so it looked like a matted bird's nest around my face. I pointed this out to her and she proceeded to try and brush it out to smooth it....
At the end of the trial, she exclaimed, "I can do so much better than this," so perhaps she just had a bad day or I was an unlucky bride. I ended up paying $150 to cancel my drinks and dinner reservation and hurry home to shower.
Hair Design Zone Price Rates