Day-Of, Full, Partial

About Greater Good Events

Occasions with a Conscience

Greater Good Events, a fun and innovative wedding and event planning company in the Greater New York City area (technically based in Jersey City).

We plan, coordinate and manage weddings/wedding related events of all shapes and sizes with an emphasis on each couple's individual style. Working with, specialty florists, venues, rental companies and caterers to make your wedding perfect! We're even there to help with your family.

The goal of Greater Good Events is to help you plan the wedding of your dreams, while emphasizing social good. Partnering with donation food services at the end of all wedding events and giving a percentage of annual proceeds to those less fortunate. We are here to help you create the wedding of a lifetime!

Contact Greater Good Events for more information on planning, coordinating and your dream wedding!

Ellen Hockley Harrison, the founder of Greater Good Events, has over ten years of experience working in the hospitality industry. She has been directly involved with a wide array of weddings and social events from food service and catering (small and large events) to direct event planning, management and execution. After years of working for event companies, Ellen decided that she wanted to create a wedding and event planning company that went the extra mile, to build it around what she felt was missing from the majority of events she was involved with, namely “Sustainability. “

Categories: Wedding Planner

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Budget Analysis (1)
Event Design (1)
Full Planning (1)

I contacted Ellen when I was feeling the most alone during my wedding planning process, when I felt so strongly that the event coordinator who was assigned to me by my wedding venue did not have my best interests at heart, and I’m so so glad I did! Ellen was that rock during the chaos of my wedding planning process, and helped me get together those last minute details that I just did not know to think of. Her day-of-coordinating service allowed me to have some peace the weeks leading up to the wedding day, and on the day of, despite the fact that we had a snow storm and the wedding had to be delayed, she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly. I am so glad that Ellen was there to take care of the vendors, to make sure that everything was as it was supposed to be, to take care of the little things during the day that in the whirlwind of the wedding, would have been impossible for me to remember or take care of myself. Having Ellen as our day-of-coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day, and I can’t imagine what I would have done without her guidance!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Connie, 1/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ellen at Greater Good Events was a lifesaver! My husband and I had our wedding on July 9th at Waterloo Village in New Jersey and we used Ellen’s day-of coordinating service. A couple of weeks before the wedding I handed over all of my day of decor requests, vendor contacts, outstanding questions and biggest fears for the wedding day, and from that day on Ellen was in control and I got to RELAX. If you’re going back and forth on whether you need a day-of coordinator or if you’re just going to DIY the whole thing, I’m telling you right now that you do not want to be worrying about whether the cocktail hour signs have been placed right or if the florist has arrived on time while you are GETTING DRESSED IN A WEDDING GOWN. Having Ellen in your corner and being able to trust that everything will be taken care of is SO worth it. After the wedding, my in-laws just kept saying over and over that having Ellen there was key, that we couldn’t have done it without her. It’s so true – our wedding was a million times better because Ellen was there!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews

7 Photos

Events

Jersey City, NJ 07302   See On Map
503-267-3633 (phone)
Greater Good Events is a wedding planning company from Jersey City servicing weddings throughout the local area, including New York City, North Jersey, and Central Jersey. Greater Good Events is a professional wedding planning company that has been part of the the New York Metro area wedding industry since 2015 specializing in sustainable, environmentally friendly, carbon sensitive, wedding planning, day of coordination, party planning, event planning, event budgeting, vendor management.