Jersey City, NJ 07302 Map · Phone number

About Greater Good Events

Greater Good Events is a wedding planning business located in the New York Metro area. Ellen Hockley Harrison, who founded this boutique event planning company, took special care to focus her business around sustainability. With each wedding that is planned, the team looks first to local partners and eco-friendly practices. The team also strives to focus on the community around them and the couple by fostering social justice and responsibility. With this unique approach combined with Ellen Hockley Harrison's extensive experience in the hospitality industry, couples will be able to plan and experience a stress-free wedding and celebration while feeling good about the difference they are making in their community.

Greater Good Events works with couples from the beginning of their wedding planning process all the way until after the ceremony is over. The process begins with a careful planning session in which such things as vendors and budgets are discussed. Then the team begins organizing your wedding and carrying out the actual plan. During your wedding ceremony and celebration, the team will be by your side ensuring everything is going as planned. After your wedding, Greater Good Events will even help wrap up your wedding by assisting with any follow-up needs you have.

Follow Greater Good Events on

Photo Credit - Ben Asen
Photo Credit - Ben Asen
Sushi Station at St. Peter's University in Jersey City

Photo Credit - Rick Gilbert
Sushi Station at St. Peter's University in Jersey City Photo Credit - Rick Gilbert
barrowmansionphotos 45
barrowmansionphotos 115
Filet Carving Station at St. Peter's University in Jersey City
Filet Carving Station at St. Peter's University in Jersey City
hors d'oeuvres station at St. Peters University in Jersey City

Photo Credit - Rick Gilbert
hors d'oeuvres station at St. Peters University in Jersey City Photo Credit - Rick Gilbert
cb aisle

7 Reviews for Greater Good Events

Caitlin · Married on 05/19/2018

Hiring Ellen was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding! We hired her for month-of coordination. She helped us navigate the intricacies involved in creating an event of this magnitude. We came to her with all of our questions/worries/concerns and she was able to answer everything and dispel all of our stress! It was truly invaluable to us.

Additionally she was in contact with all of our vendors the month of our wedding (the most stressful time in planning a wedding) which allowed us to focus on finishing up the odds and ends that appear in the final stretch. The day of, Ellen’s assistant, Rachel, was there throughout the event guiding us through. We didn’t have to worry about anything, we could just be in the moment and enjoy our family & friends. I highly recommend hiring Greater Goods for your wedding!

Bora · Married on 05/19/2018

Ellen is super easy and great to work with. We hired Greater Good Events as our wedding planner and they were great with managing tasks and handling coordinating. Ellen personally was so fun and has an easy, soothing energy. We had a wedding of about 180 people at the Englewood Field Club! I'm SO happy we hired Greater Good Events, the day was amazing and Ellen & her team were with us the entire way. I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Greater Good Events's reply:

We loved working with you and your family! It was such a fun day, and you two were amazing! Congrats again :)

Connie · Married on 01/07/2017

I contacted Ellen when I was feeling the most alone during my wedding planning process, when I felt so strongly that the event coordinator who was assigned to me by my wedding venue did not have my best interests at heart, and I’m so so glad I did! Ellen was that rock during the chaos of my wedding planning process, and helped me get together those last minute details that I just did not know to think of. Her day-of-coordinating service allowed me to have some peace the weeks leading up to the wedding day, and on the day of, despite the fact that we had a snow storm and the wedding had to be delayed, she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly. I am so glad that Ellen was there to take care of the vendors, to make sure that everything was as it was supposed to be, to take care of the little things during the day that in the whirlwind of the wedding, would have been impossible for me to remember or take care of myself. Having Ellen as our day-of-coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day, and I can’t imagine what I would have done without her guidance!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Greater Good Events's reply:

Thank you! It was such a pleasure to work with Connie for her wedding day! She had such incredibly creative ideas and being able to bring them all together was an absolute honor!

Greater Good Events FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2