8920 W Britton Rd, Laingsburg, MI 48848 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Graham Banquet Center

Graham Banquet Center has a long history, est. 1870 holding the towns school, church, and weddings. Our maximum seating is 250. Today we host every type of event. There's something about our place that is magical, rustic, industrial twist and historically modern.

CHAPEL . CRYSTAL BALLROOM . HIDDEN GARDEN

Visit our website at: www.grahambanquetcenter.com

info@grahambanquetcenter.com

Graham Banquet Center 2
Graham Banquet Center 3
Graham Banquet Center 4

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2018

We had our wedding at the Graham Banquet Center on 9/1/18. Heather was very accommodating to all of my questions along the way before the event! Her venue is so beautiful, and so convenient for guests. There are multiple outdoor ceremony sites on the property, a reception hall, and the cutest chapel you will ever see. We had our ceremony in the chapel and it was gorgeous! We were very pleased with our experienced at this venue, and miss the day so much!

Sent on 10/03/2018

April · Married on 05/04/2018

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

My experience was absolutely horrible. The owner is nasty and unprofessional.

We signed the contract with Heather McDonald in person 12-10-16 and paid in full. She gave us a 10% discount for the pay in full.

She friended me on fb and would tag me in things that made her think of us and our Star Wars theme. It was very sweet.
    Communication was great for the 18 months prior to our wedding. We would use messenger.
    We went to visit the venue in January 2018 to see the improvements they made. I inquired about the dance floor which was included in the contract. She said she doesn’t have a dance floor. It’s in the contract I told her and showed her. She said it’s a typo. 🤦‍♀️ At some point she reached over and scribbled out the word “dance floor” on our signed contract. 🤷‍♀️ Her contract also stated that they provide plates and silverware. She said it was wrong and the caterer had to provide it. Which they charged for it so I went back to Heather to push the fact that it was in her contract. She called the caterer and insisted they had to provide it which put us in an uncomfortable position.
    Non wedding related but while we were there, in front of the door was an possum. It looked scared. She said it looked “retarted” and was going to have someone “shoot it!” I told her that was not necessary and tried to shoo it away as I was very upset that she kept saying that. It was a red flag on her insensitivity.
    Two weeks before the wedding we were chatting as it was the day to give her our count. She added that she was going to email me our invoice with a our balance. I figured she got us mixed up with someone else. I kindly reminded her that we paid in full. She said she forgot to charge us taxes. Hmmm after 18 months?
    I told her we paid in full and we felt we didn’t owe anymore. She said it was a “human error” and she was sorry. I told her again we chose to pay in full back in 2016 so we didn’t have to worry about paying right before the wedding.
    She immediately tells me that she is “putting on our file that we refused to pay our taxes.” I told her that it wasn’t a refusal. We paid in full in person the amount that she gave us and wrote down on the contract. She cashed the check that following week.

After that exchange I never heard from her again that day. She also unfriended me on fb. 🤷‍♀️
    I reached out the next day regarding a table question. Clean slate right? Nothing. I immediately go into panic mode and stress thinking she’s not going to let us have our wedding there. It was bad. I was sick to death!
    She finally emailed me and had said that she had stated earlier that she only wanted to communicate with me via email. I guess I missed that. It was in the email where she said we refused to pay. After that her answers were short and clearly cold.
    Day of rehearsal we never saw her or any staff. She apparently lives on property. Doors were unlocked, but we were never greeted or asked if we needed anything.

Wedding day. Never saw her or staff. Never greeted once again. Never asked if we needed anything. There were tables in the middle of the reception that were not on the plan we had agreed on. No one to ask about them.
    I finally got a glimpse of her around 7pm I believe. She never said a word to me. Then I see her around 10pm dragging a trash can down the middle of the ballroom. Inappropriate. We had the ballroom until 1am. Her cleaning up made us feel like we had to tear down early.

I feel her unprofessional attitude towards the end was unwarranted. If she was a true business woman then she should had never told us after 18 months about the taxes. She should had just ate. If she had contacted us maybe a week to a month later acknowledging the error we would had paid it. The way she went about it was awful.

I went on her website and read all of her bad reviews. They were spot on with what we had witnessed in the end. Now she has a new website with no bad reviews. She also had lowered her prices which is way less then what we paid. Even if we had paid the taxes that she had forgot to add in. We are sick about it.

If you are considering GBC for your wedding just beware. Keep all your paperwork. Ask questions. Everything that we did.
    Her childish behavior is not worth dealing with when you should be experiencing the most wonderful day of your life.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Graham Banquet Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 50
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables, Tents, Tent Accessories
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, July, August, September, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, December

• 8920 W Britton Rd Laingsburg, 48848 See on map