Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Golden Gate Music

Your Personal Wedding Music Designer

Pop, rock, contemporary, and classical strings and more for San Francisco, Wine Country, Silicon Valley, Carmel and beyond. - your personal music designer for glorious weddings.

Welcome to Golden Gate Music, home of the Golden Gate String Quartet, the premier rock and pop string quartet in Northern California, as well as other fine ensembles. With Golden Gate Music, you work directly with the owner from your first inquiry to the last note we play. I am not only a performer in the groups, but also a professional music arranger. Almost anything is possible, from Bach to Death Cab for Cutie, Broadway to Daft Punk, Game of Thrones to Legend of Zelda. Our songlists for each of the groups runs into the hundreds of exclusive arrangements, and I am writing new music arrangements all the time. Have you heard the Vitamin String Quartet? Our clients tell me that they’re nothing compared to the Golden Gate String Quartet! And with Golden Gate Music, you get experience. We have designed and performed music for well over 2,000 events, from intimate backyard weddings to elaborate productions nationwide for celebrities and major corporations for thousands of guests. Our bespoke wedding music is unsurpassed.

Our Yelp reviews show just how much we love our work!

The Golden Gate String Quartet is unique in many ways. One feature consistently surprises and delights our listeners. Imagine your reception guests able to choose from over 100 song titles, just by putting in their request, and hearing their favorite song played just for them.

For nearly a lifetime, I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most extraordinary Bay Area musicians. But it doesn’t stop there. Equally gratifying is getting to know and work with many hundreds of unique and interesting clients over the years. Each brings a vision and a personal sense of style that allows me to translate these qualities into the perfect music for their event.

Every reason to celebrate can be even more special with the right music. Live music can be remarkably affordable. There are no hidden costs with Golden Gate Music. Let your imagination run wild; then give Golden Gate Music a call or email for your free consultation – Su Buchignani, Owner, Golden Gate Music

"Some other string quartets basically said no or laughed at me when I asked. But Su took it in stride, did research into other string quartet versions of this song and came up with an outstanding rendition and for such a reasonable fee. And in my opinion better than all the other versions that I could find online and elsewhere."

Let’s plan some music together! Please call or write for your complimentary consultation with a wedding music specialist.

GOLDEN GATE MUSIC

Tel. 925-284-9336

Email: info@golden-gate-music.com

Categories: Wedding Band, Wedding Musician

Regions serviced: San Francisco, Napa Valley, Monterey

Follow Golden Gate Music on

9 Reviews for Golden Gate Music

I booked Golden Gate Music after they were reccomended by my DJ. Although I never met with Su in person and didnt get to meet Su at the wedding the personalized attention my wedding received was top notch including reccomendations on songs choices. I only got to hear their music during the ceremony but the quartet was the perfect addition to the day. From 80's - Modern music during guests arriving to 20s/30s/40s duringt cocktail hour and a mix for the ceremony I had plenty of song choices to help create the vibe I wanted for my wedding. I just wish I could go back and be a guest to enjoy all of it. Thank you Su and team for being a wonderful addition to my big day.

Profile Picture Erica, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Golden Gate Trio, headed up by Su, played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at Beltane Ranch in Sonoma in August 2013. Our wedding was a destination wedding, so I had to plan everything remotely, but Su made the live music part of the planning very easy. She is a pleasure to work with, extremely responsive and you can tell she really knows what she is doing. She made great suggestions for the ceremony songs without being pushy in any way. The trio's repertoire is very large, and spans everything from classical music to recent pop songs. To top it off, they showed up early and perfectly dressed for the occasion. I did not meet Su until the wedding but I never had any stress about her and the trio doing it right, which was a huge relief in the planning process.

Most importantly, this trio the most polished, experienced, professional group of musicians we encountered in our search and were well worth their reasonable price. We listened to quite a few string groups when trying to pick out our live music (some much more experienced than others), and this group easily blew the others out of the water. We actually gave the final decision on the music to a family member who is a band director, and upon listening to recordings from a few groups, he said this quartet/trio was far and away the best.

Overall, I was sorry I did not get to hear more the music because I was busy with pictures and talking, but our guests raved about how beautiful it was and how the trio's selections were perfect for the venue and crowd. While we were getting ready, I did not realize that it was time for the trio to start playing and I actually thought someone had turned on a recording! I would highly recommend Su and her team if you are looking for any kind of live strings at your wedding or event.

Profile Picture User2687658, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Excellent use of money for my wedding. I'm glad I used there services. I didn't want music at first but they were great.

Profile Picture Alicia , 6/29/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Golden Gate Music Pricing

Reception Price Range (4 hours)
Price Range Includes: