Venice, FL 34292 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About GitChewSum Barbecue

It all started in our hometown Venice, Florida doing what we love the best, cooking BBQ on an old school homemade stick burning propane tank. The Friday pizza thing for the guys at work wasn't getting it any more, so I starting treating the team with BBQ. It grew from there... Feedback became instantly positive/overwhelming, so we kicked it up a notch and started a business.

We cook everything from ribs, brisket, chicken, pulled pork, whole hogs, turkeys, smoked potatoes, corn on the cobb, and oh yeah "collard greens", that's right "collard greens". We have a secret family southern style recipe that we are very proud of and most immediately request a to-go dish...

We've catered from a capacity of 75-100 to over 1,400 people - on site. Trying to  do that with a propane tank was a challenge to say the least.

It was then that we knew that it was time to take it to the next level. GitChewSumBBQ was the way to go and was established in the later part of 2012. We built a custom mobile smoker that is joined with a self contained trailer that's always raring to hit the road for the next big event. We take a tremendous amount of pride in what we do. It doesn't matter how big or small the event, all of our products are treated with same level of detail and are of high quality. We feel that we have the best down home southern style BBQ that your going to find.

'Our name says it all "Git-Chew-Sum"!

For further information feel free to contact us at:

(941) 915-2662

gitchewsumbbq@gmail.com

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you,

Allen & Lindsay

Other couples have also viewed

• Station House Catering & BBQ

22 Reviews for GitChewSum Barbecue

• Tessa

Tessa H. · Married on 02/20/2021

GCS catering is amazing

Did you some catering is by far the most amazing catering company I’ve ever hired. They had everything we wanted and needed and it didn’t just stop at barbecue. They were the first vendor in And the second to last vendor to leave. They truly provided impeccable professional service everybody love the food and I appreciated the care of my guests received. Can’t wait to hire them for our next event

Sent on 03/05/2021
  • Mariah

Mariah S. · Married on 01/05/2020

From beginning to end they had everything covered!

Lindsay and her team did such a great job at my daughters wedding, from the beginning Lindsay answered all my questions, was very accomadating and really kind.

The food was delicious, there was more than enough, I noticed quite a few guests go up for seconds. I was also very happy with the value. Their price was very fair and allowed us to stay in our wedding budget but the final result looked and tasted top notch! I would hire GitChewSum BBQ for any catering event I'll have, from small to large, BBQ to elegant.

Sent on 01/07/2020

Lindsey B. · Married on 11/16/2019

Great food

Everyone was complimenting on hotw great the food tasted. Everything was delicious!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

GitChewSum Barbecue FAQ

• What catering services do you provide?
    Family Style
    Plated
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    Southern
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher

1 Real Wedding

• Venice, 34292 See on map
    9419152662 (Phone number)
    Location of (GitChewSum Barbecue)