Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394 Map · Phone number

About GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair

G.E.Makeup Artistry & Hair is a South Florida-based makeup and hairstyling company that is owned and operated by professional makeup artist Gizella E. Manzano. Founded in 2010, Gizella and the team of talented artists and stylists at G.E.Makeup Artistry & Hair specialize in beautifying their clients while using airbrushing, up-to-date brush techniques and quality products. The G.E.Makeup Artistry & Hair team will make sure you are ready to celebrate your special day in style, from the first consultation to the final touch up.

G.E.Makeup Artistry & Hair is a full-service company that provides on-location makeup and hair services for wedding celebrations as well as engagement photography shoots and bridal showers. The talented team is available to service brides and the entire bridal party, and can even provide extra makeup artists and hair stylists on the day of your wedding to make sure everyone is perfectly polished and ready to go just in time for the ceremony.

Follow GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair on

GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair 7
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/04/2019

The best of the best!!!

From the beginning, Gizella was INCREDIBLE to work with! She responded quickly from the beginning and was always available via text when I needed her. The trial was super smooth and after having a previous horrible experience with a different company, the trial was something I was super nervous about. She helped me obtain the exact look that I had in mind. Gizella was easy to work with, fun to have conversation with, and punctual in everything we had planned.

For my hair trial, Paige showed up to my house and asked what I wanted to do with my hair. I had a few pictures I was looking at but really just said create something pretty and we can go with that. Well let me tell
    you, this hair goddess blew it out of the park with her ideas. She was punctual, easy to have a conversation with, and made the whole process very stress free.

Fast forward to the day of the wedding -honestly it was the easiest, best experience EVER. The day was so smooth and the girls were so fast and efficient to make sure that we were all ready on time. I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup. My hair and makeup came out absolutely AMAZING in all of my photos and lasted the whole night without ever needed anything to be touched up or fixed.

If you are looking for professional, punctual, creative, and affordable artists to do your hair and makeup... I would 200% recommend GEM :)

Sent on 06/16/2019
    GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair 8
    GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair 9

GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda for this review! Paige, Chiky and Myself absolutely loved being part of your special day. Wishing you the best!

Stephanie Buck · Married on 03/22/2019

Extremely talented

Gizella and Paige are truly amazing at what they do! They were super friendly, professional, on time and a pleasure to do business with! Without a doubt, if I ever need makeup or hair for another event, I will most certainly be using them and will refer all of my friends/family.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Rea

Rea · Married on 01/20/2019

Truly an expert in the natural look

I was so concerned about my makeup, I originally wasn't going to get it done. I hate looking like I'm wearing too much, but my MOH convinced me to do it. I chose to do a trial with GEM because she highlighted how she loves the natural look. Then, I was totally sold after the trial. Gigi has SUCH a calming presence and is so knowledgable about everything makeup. I did airbrush, and she explained everything to me during the trial so I felt totally comfortable. We made some tweaks to my eyeliner and lip color and she remembered everything.

Day of, she arrived early and set up quickly. She was ready before we were which was so calming! Gigi did my makeup, two mothers, and 2 bridesmaids. She also threw lashes on some of my other bridesmaids for no charge, and she gave me a touch up kit (see the photo of my little cousin touching up my lip color - so cute!). She also accepted venmo and chase quickpay which made things so easy!

I would highly recommend GEM to anyone in the South Florida area. I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day! Thank you!

Sent on 01/23/2019
    GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair 10
    GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair 11
    GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair 12

GEM Makeup Artistry & Hair FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 50.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 71.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 80.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 60.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for facials? $ 85.00
  • What is the starting price for body art? $ 150.00
  • What is the starting price for tanning services? $ 50.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation, Travel Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer? Body Art, Consultations, Facials, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Massages, Men's Grooming, Tanning, Group Discounts, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What tanning services do you offer? Spray Tanning