Furiwa Restaurant and Catering

Westminster, CA View map

Established in 1990, Furiwa Restaurant and Catering continues to offer Orange County's finest in Chinese catering. Our menu takes the palate across the world, where one can taste the eclectic and savory flavors inspired by Hong Kong's history and charm. Furiwa promises to make that dining experience most enjoyable and memorable for you and your guests.

• Asian-owned

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$88.00

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$68.00

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$68.00

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$28.00

Linens
Flatware
Glassware
Chocolate Fountain

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$18.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
House Wine
Champagne Toast

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Breakfast / Brunch
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

Asian
Chinese
Seafood
Vietnamese

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Nut Free
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Liquor License
Champagne Toast
House Liquor
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware

1 User photo

• BellaRu
    Bellaru E. Getting married on 07/01/2023

Exceptional!

Honestly, we don't know where to begin! As wedding coordinators, we have worked with many catering companies and let us just say that Furiwa Catering was exceptional! Not only do they take great pride in their food but they make sure that guests are truly experiencing the culture behind it. From their beautiful and organized display, to their impeccable customer service, to the delicious array of food, Furiwa Catering blew us away.

It was especially a pleasure working with Vi who went above and beyond to reassure guests were satisfied during dinner. Vi and her crew were professional, punctual, and experienced. She knew what to do, when to do it, and how to do it! When you're working with multiple vendors, as we do, we can't begin to explain how crucial it is for them to do their part with little guidance. Furiwa Catering needed little direction, if any, to execute their job perfectly. Thank you for contributing to such a successful event, Vi! Food is one of THEE most important aspects to a wedding and Furiwa Catering did not let us down!

Definitely gets BellaRu Events seal of approval...woo hoo!
  • Jennie
    Jennie Z. Getting married on 10/29/2022

Responsive, classy, professional Chinese-style catering!

We had initially wanted to explore having a Chinese banquet style for our reception (and had to opt out due to venue requirements) and were working with Vivian on estimates for multiple venues. She was super responsive and professional, and we loved all the different options and services Furiwa provided. The food looked amazing as well so we are hoping to use them for another event soon!
  • Lisa
    Lisa N. Married on 07/04/2020

Delicious Food, Great Prices, and Amazing Service - Received So many Compliments on the Food - Lobster! Prawns! Filet mignon!

When my husband and I started planning our wedding, there were 2 things we prioritized - food and open bar. We knew we wanted to serve Asian food, so we did our research. We did a tasting with Furiwa and another well-known Chinese/Vietnamese food caterer in the area. Hands down, my husband and I both loved Furiwa's food, service, and overall experience better. We felt the food from the competitor was not as good and the owner was a bit pushy/overwhelming. From the start, Vivian was super sweet and easy to work with. She provided the various menus, which have per table costs, and it was nice because menus are customizable so we were able to remove the courses we didn't like, and add the ones we do.

The tasting a great experience - they set up an intimate table for you, make you a nice serving of each dish, and packed up all the leftovers for us. We booked them that day. A few months later, the pandemic hit. Furiwa was flexible and let us move our date without any issues. They did inform us that due to the cost of rising food prices, they would need to increase our cost a bit as well, but given the circumstances, we felt this was fair. The overall price per person was still less than if we had served American food through the venue.

We had no issues with Furiwa during our looooong wedding planning process. They were familiar with our venue, and accommodated all our requests to the best of their ability. We received so many compliments on the food. So many guests told us they were happy they didn't leave a wedding hungry for once. When we sat down, I shoveled so much food into my mouth - I looked like a chipmunk in several of my photos. No shame. I was so happy with the tender cubes of shaken beef, the crispy honey walnut prawns, savory house special lobster, and perfectly steamed fish. I don't know how they managed to make sure all the shaken beef was tender, but damn....it was so soft. The lobster meat came out of the shell easily so I didn't look so barbaric prying it out. The prawns were my favorite item, with the crunchy, glazed walnuts.

I'm not sure what happened with the other reviewer with a poor experience, but my experience was quite the opposite. It didn't take much effort to work with them. My picky Vietnamese family members were happy, and my husband's Chinese family members were happy. I also thought it was a nice added touch that they provided menus in English, Vietnamese, and Chinese. The only bummer was that we weren't able to pack any leftovers to go, but that was due to rules set by our venue, not Furiwa (health code stuff).

Also, when we expressed concerns over serving food family style (due to COVID), Furiwa offered an option to do individual plated meals. I think this may be a little pricier, but you have that option if you're concerned. We ultimately chose to stick with family style and it was fine. You could pay $200/person for steak/chicken, veggies, and a starch....or you could pay half that with Furiwa for a satisfying multi-course meal (we had 8 courses). Highly recommend Furiwa for your event!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

15111 Beach Boulevard Westminster, CA, 92683
Location of (Furiwa Restaurant and Catering)

Other vendors in Orange County for your wedding