Furiwa Restaurant and Catering Reviews

29 | Garden Grove, CA

29 Reviews for Furiwa Restaurant and Catering

Amie · Married on 11/28/2015

We were so impressed with Furiwa at my cousin's wedding that we knew they would be our top choice for catering. Little did we know that Furiwa makes it incredibly easy because they work with select venues as well. The entire process, from proposal to day-of execution completely exceeded our expectations. Vivian was a blessing and anyone who has the opportunity of working with her will not regret putting their wedding day in her hands. She was beyond helpful, insightful and pretty much instrumental to our day, given that we were a pretty lowkey/clueless bride and groom. Wedding planning was a pain and I'll never do it again, but if my husband decides we get to have an anniversary party, we would definitely use Furiwa again. Thank you so much, Vivian and the whole Furiwa team for making our day so flawless!

John · Married on 09/05/2015

We used Furiwa to cater Chinese food for our daughter wedding at the Double Tree Hotel on Labor day weekend. We worked with Cindy and she was so nice, friendly and helpful. She always be there when you have any question or concern and she is very responsive to all our phone call and e-mail. All our family and friends are very impressed with the food and service. The food was amazing. We are highly recommend Furiwa for wedding catering service. Thank you so much Cindy and Furiwa for all your help!

Solid! Everyone knows the food is key to a great reception! We weren't disappointed having Furiwa cater our wedding reception. Furiwa caters to several venues directly, and we held our event at the Cerritos Sheraton. The food was 8-course seafood, and our guests loved it! The price is what is expected for Asian seafood banquet. What made our experience great was that our caterer coordinator, Cindy, was very responsive to our questions and needs. We were trying to facilitate planning from across the country, so effective communication was key. Cindy definitely delivered and helped iron out the small details at the ends (ex: last payments and organization). Furiwa had excellent food and customer service!

I highly recommend Furiwa! It all started with my cousin's wedding a few years back. Ever since the wedding I knew I wanted to book Furiwa as my caterer. They are worth every penny! You get what you pay for and that is exactly what happened with my wedding. I couldn't have asked for better service. My husband I were lucky enough to work with Stacie throughout the entire wedding planning process. This was a very long term relationship, over a year's worth! Stacie was always there for me throughout the 15 months of planning. She was more than a caterer but almost like my wedding planner. She responded to my emails within hours!!! Who does that?? No one can, but Stacie can do the impossible! She was also my day-of-coordinator at the DoubleTree Anaheim. She was able to make my dream wedding into reality. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer. The food was superb and the service was fantastic. Thank you Furiwa, Cindy, and of course Stacie!

Sally · Married on 08/30/2014

We used Furiwa to cater Chinese food for our wedding at the Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort. We worked with Stacie and she was super nice and friendly! She always made sure we had the little things taken care of and was very responsive to email. Our family and friends were impressed by the food and the service. Thanks Stacie and Furiwa!

Anh-Thu · Married on 03/15/2014

Having amazing food on our wedding day was one of our top priorities, and choosing Furiwa as our caterer was one of the best decision we had made! Our contact person at Furiwa was Stacie Tran, and she is by far one of the most amazing vendor in this wedding industry. When my husband and I had our initial meeting with Stacie, we were immediately blown away by her years of experience, thoughtful suggestions, and quality of service. Stacie will definitely go above and beyond of what is asked of her in order for you to have your dream wedding. For us, we had our wedding at the Nixon Library, and used Furiwa as our catering service. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about how elegantly all the dishes were plated, and most importantly, how spectacular the food was. From the past around hors d'oeuvres to the sweet taro dessert, everything was simply amazing. Thank you Stacie and Furiwa for making our dream wedding come true!

Janyce · Married on 11/09/2013

I always knew that I didn't want to serve just chicken, steak, or fish at my wedding. I really like Chinese banquets but never wanted to get married in a Chinese restaurant. I went to a friend's wedding a couple years ago that was hosted at a super cool and modern venue called the Smog Shop in Culver City.............and they served Chinese food!!!!! Not just blah Chinese food, super delicious Chinese food! My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Fast forward 2 years later, we had Furiwa catered our wedding at the Crowne Plaza in Redondo Beach. Our guests continuously came up to us and told us about how impressed they were with the food! We even received emails days later complimenting the food as well. It was soooooo good!!!!!! My guests were even given to go boxes to take home.

Cindy was incredible to work with!! She was extremely accommodating and professional and made this process extremely easy for us. We highly recommend Furiwa and Cindy Nguyen. Thank you so much for making our day so memorable Cindy!!!

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 11/02/2013

Cindy was a great catering manager. Always an advocate and made sure everything was in our best interest. She truly made our wedding planning much easier! She's also part of a great team and her colleagues are just as great. Vivian was our on site coordinator and was a delight to work with. Thank you Furiwa for everything!

Planning a wedding was a complete struggle for me. Especially since I wanted to opt out for one but family fought me on it. But despite the stress that comes with the planning, Furiwa and my event coordinator Stacie made that huge part of my wedding a breeze. She helped me work with the hotel that I wanted and she delivered everything I asked for and more. I really appreciated her also helping with things that wasn't her responsibility. She offered great advice and recommendations to anything I needed and how I can save money which was a plus! Most brides have a fear that something may go wrong on their day and that their hard work on planning may not go right; but I have to say that I was the least bit stressed that day and I was so confident in Stacie and she proved to my husband and I that we made the right choice with her. Did I mention she saved me money too? We love her!

CHERYL · Married on 08/03/2013

If you're looking for quality Asian Food to be served in a gorgeous venue...Furiwa is the Catering Service to choose. They have a number of preferred hotels (including 5 star hotels) that they are able to provide catering services. Stacie Tran was our contact person. She was awesome. Easy to talk to and work with, provided helpful ideas/suggestions, and very punctual. The presentation and quality of the food and how the family style dishes were served was classy and clean. No dishes were stacked and the plates were quickly changed when they were dirtied. I highly recommend Furiwa.

Lily · Married on 05/04/2013

Furiwa catered our 9 course dinner for our guest on our wedding day. Stacie was my coordinator and she did a fabulous job. Furiwa is a very well-known Chinese restaurant in California. They have a good reputation of delivering great quality food. So we knew that we had to go with them. The food was cooked and prepared at the hotel where we had our reception and it came out hot and it was spot on delicious. There's that saying, "What you get is what you pay for." And that's what Furiwa delivered for our wedding guest....it was very good quality food. Our guest still won't stop commenting how good our food was and that they loved how everything tasted.

Thanks Stacie and Furiwa!

Lily & James

May 4, 2013

Rattana · Married on 08/17/2012

When we first met with Stacie, she immediately put us at ease. We wanted to have traditional Vietnamese food at our wedding, but we didn't want to have it at a restaurant - we wanted to do it at a hotel ballroom. Furiwa was one of the caterers suggested by our hotel. We met with a couple caterers, but ultimately chose Furiwa because not only do they have great food, but having Stacie as the day of coordinator was definitely the cherry on top. Throughout the planning process, she answered any questions I had very promptly. She worked with our venue directly so we didn't have to worry about any additional paperwork. The day of the wedding, she dealt with all my vendors and made sure I was enjoying the wedding instead of worrying about the little details. She truly is AMAZING. The food was delicious. Everyone was raving about it. The presentation of the food was beautiful as well. Stacie helped our whole wedding go off without a hitch. We highly recommend!

LAN · Married on 08/04/2012

Thank you for a wonderful and beautiful wedding!!!

Natalie · Married on 05/19/2012

Thank you so much Stacie! You made my wedding day FLAWLESS. My wedding was held at the Hilton, Irvine on May 19th and really it was perfection.

hor d'oeuvres - So tasty!! I loved the chicken satay skewers and the fried siu mai. All of it was so yummy. Stacie was so sweet and made sure that the bridal party sampled the hor d'oeuvres.

dinner - Absolutely A++++++++++
    My family and friends enjoyed it so much. They keep talking about it. The presentation was beautifully done. Each of the courses were amazing.
    Chicken and prawn salad excellent!
    Candied walnut shrimp (one of the courses that the whole family is raving about!)
    My favorite Asparagus crabmeat soup.
    Furiwa's HS lobster with garlic noodles. Can you say AMAZING?!?!
    I can go on and on about the food and so can my family and friends. They were asking me if I could have another event.

Stacie - To all Brides to be: You do not have to worry about a thing if you have Stacie. Everything WILL be excecuted to perfection. I have to admit I was very stressed and an OCD kind of bride. On the days leading up to the event Stacie was very prompt at getting back to my emails. On that night, Stacie made me feel so relaxed and I was able to take in my day. Easy breezy!

Thank you so much to Stacie and the team at Furiwa. I couldn't have asked for more. You are truly professional and friendly.

Thu · Married on 05/05/2012

I know my review is pretty long, but thinking of when I was a bride and reading reviews, the most helpful were the ones that actually gave details and information to support their opinion. For me, a review that says “This person is great!” doesn’t help anything!

If we were to take apart our wedding budget, the majority of our expenses went to catering and food, but since it was Furiwa, we have no regrets whatsoever. The food was absolutely worth every penny. If you’ve ever been to the Furiwa restaurant or any weddings Furiwa has catered, you know hand’s down, they need to cater your wedding. The food is unique, delish AND more importantly, consistent. They also have a fast expanding menu to cover the traditional asian foods and new fusion varieties. Although Furiwa’s chefs and food deserve props, I’m mainly writing this review to give praise to Furiwa’s biggest secret, Cindy.

Cindy is the magic behind the scenes. In planning the event, tasting the menu, putting together the final details of our wedding and schedule, to the actual loooong hours the day of the event, Cindy was there and took care of everything! Cindy surprised and impressed me mainly because I never knew someone like her existed when it came to picking a caterer. My husband (then fiancée) and I always knew we wanted Furiwa to cater our event and didn’t care there were “similar” Chinese food restaurants that were much cheaper. Unfortunately, we had accepted that asian restaurants don’t always provide the best customer service (if any). Boy! Cindy proved us wrong! Cindy helped us with every step of the planning process. She even brought up ideas and questions we didn’t even know we had.
    When our big day came, Cindy was my life saver! Everything went so smoothly, but I know that’s because she was behind the scenes, always two steps ahead making sure there was no possibility anything could go wrong. I don’t think I would have made it through the evening without Cindy. I lost count of the numerous compliments we received about the wedding being so organized, smooth, and how “accommodating” my husband and I were. This was a compliment I wasn’t expecting. When asking what they meant, they said “This was the first Asian wedding we’ve been to, where everything was on time! you actually opened the doors at 7, the first course was served by 7:30, and every meal was brought out at the right pace. Thanks for thinking of us [your guests].” Many other people gave us similar compliments sharing how much they really appreciated the high quality, FRESH food, and overall production of our wedding.

Cindy is such a joy to work with. She's professional, down-to-earth and fun. She made everything so easy and was so flexible any time we had to make changes to the menu, seating charts and head counts. Cindy is very calm and relaxed and makes sure you feel the same way too. You can tell by how much she's running around that she really works hard and wants everything to go smoothly. I can't imagine any wedding planner doing a better job than she did. The best part? She doesn't have to. We didn't pay anything extra for Cindy. That's just the customer service Cindy and Furiwa provide to their clients. Just to show how much Cindy helped us, when I ordered custom handmade necklaces for my bridesmaids, without any thought or hesitation, I also ordered an extra one for Cindy because without her, our big day would have been no where near as amazing as she made it.

Tae · Married on 10/30/2011

They were great! Food tasted really good! Got great feedback from the people who attended the wedding! They catered to vegetarians and people who didn't eat what was being served! Highly recommend.

Linh · Married on 06/11/2011

Our wedding was a big hit. The Costa Mesa Hilton was nice and the food catered by Furiwa was delicious. Our planner, Cindy Nguyen, was very nice, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive and extremely professional at all times. Thanks Cindy.

Victoria · Married on 10/16/2010

Everyone was so happy about the food. I even had a few guests say the food was better catered to the hotel then at the restaurant. THAT's Impressive! The linens they provided was exactly what I wanted. The portions were RIDICULOUSLY massive, which I was very pleased about. They know what they are doing, that's for sure.

Ted · Married on 09/25/2010

We have our daughter's wedding reception was held Hilton Waterfront, Huntington Beach and the food was cartered by Furiwa Restaurant. Miss Stacie Tran is a very knowledgeable, responsive and very professional.
    The food is very good.
    We would highly recommend this restaurant and Miss Stacie Tran for any occasion. Stacie is the best!

Angela · Getting married on 06/02/2019

Our guests are still talking about the sumptuous feast that was our wedding a month ago. furiwa is the best caterer out there. their food is delicious. they're a little more expensive than others out there but it's totally worth every penny. first off, they don't cook their food beforehand at their restaurant, then transport it and heat it up at your venue. they set up a kitchen to cook everything right there if no kitchen is provided for them. and so the food comes out piping hot! secondly, they have amazing coordinators like Cindy who will bend over backward to work with you. she was responsive and flexible. she was incredibly patient with us. too bad we didn't get to enjoy the entire 7 courses because we were busy greeting guests at their tables.

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2012

We decided to go with Furiwa since a lot of friends have used them for catering including off site catering. The service is great and the food is delicious and the portions are generous. We had our wedding at an outdoor venue in Pasadena and knew we wanted chinese food and Furiwa does a great job with guest service and presentation. Stacie was also our day of coordinator and she did such an amazing job. Everything flowed and she kept the wedding on track with our timeline. She made the my whole vision for the wedding come together that day. Everything turned our better than we could have ever expected. We cant thank Stacie enough for providing the level of service that her and her staff provided. Its chinese food and you usually dont expect the service of the staff to be great but its not the same kind of service with her staff. We felt and our guest also felt like they were well taken care of. Amazing food and service!!!

We were blown away with Furiwa's quality of service & execution. Stacie & her team surpassed all of our expectations! They definitely went above & beyond. Can honestly say there is no one else out there that can do what they do.

• Anh-Tuan

Anh-Tuan · Married on 09/07/2013

Cindy was our reception coordinator, and she was fantastic. She helped us plan out the reception a year in advance, and was always willing to meet with us whenever we asked. She was very responsive through e-mail, and was always able to get us the information that we needed. We had concerns about everything from parking, to table settings, to where the food was going to be cooked, and she was always able to sooth our concerns. On wedding day, she helped us to be at ease by making sure that everything ran smoothly, and it did! (Despite a few last minute concerns) We always felt that she had our best interest in mind, and that's invaluable.

The comments we got from our guests were that the food was very good, everything from the appetizer platter to the taro dessert (you have to get the taro from Furiwa). We didn't get to eat much during our own wedding (there was so much going on), but from what I ate, I really enjoyed the fish and walnut shrimp. Even when I didn't have too much of an appetite (from the stress), I still recall that the food was good, and that's saying something!

Cindy worked very well with the rest of our vendors, from the video/photo team to our band, to get everything going right and at the the right time. We had a lot going on that night - slide shows, dances, music acts, table greetings, etc. - and she made sure everything went perfectly, coordinating with the rest of our vendors. Thank you so much Cindy!

We were happy with the food catered by Furiwa. The food was delicious and our guests enjoyed it. We felt the pricing was pretty fair for what we got. Stacie was our day-of coordinator and was a part of the package we got as we went with Furiwa. She was on schedule the entire night of the wedding. She was so great in making sure everything ran smoothly and seemed to know exactly what to do and when at every given moment. She is very professional and nice to work with. She has a lot of experience and the moment you meet her, you will know that she really knows her stuff. Overall, we were glad that we went with Furiwa and would definitely recommend them to friends!

Kim · Married on 03/24/2012

I had my reservation about Furiwa. However, my now newlly wedded husband said that he grew up always eating here. We tried Furiwa's tasting sample at the Villa. It was great. One of my cousins said that it was the best wedding food he had ever had. My aunt ate three servings of the taro dessert. Everyone definitely had enough if not more food that night. The eight or so course meal was executed to perfection.