3150 18th Street, #259, San Francisco, CA 94110 Map · Phone number

About Fox & Doll Makeup & Hair

With a background as both an Esthetician and a Fine Artist Shana Astrachan of Fox & Doll gives you glowing skin to go along with makeup and hair that celebrates your true beauty and personal style. Over ten years experience working with brides and on photoshoots. Shana specializes in vintage and classic hair and makeup styles, all without a costume feel, and without masking your face. Shana is there to be the trusted person by your side to bring calm to these pampering moments before the ceremony, and for you to feel and look like yourself on your very best day. The Mission neighborhood San Francisco studio is located near San Francisco City Hall making it a great location for elopment services.
To see current portfolio work visit: https://www.instagram.com/foxanddollbridal/ or http://www.foxanddoll.com/bridal

• StyldLife
sn 176
sn 211
kiss
Fox & Doll Makeup & Hair
grace cathedral commodore events wedding photograp
et 038
grace lips sq 51 594212
shebible brides

3 Reviews for Fox & Doll Makeup & Hair

Rochelle · Married on 11/21/2015

Choosing Shana of Fox & Doll to do my wedding hair and makeup was one of the best wedding-planning decisions I made. She is able to create any hair/makeup look masterfully, especially swoon-worthy vintage and retro looks. I wanted winged eyeliner (notoriously difficult to get just right) and a classic red lip that wouldn't smudge all over myself and my husband all night, and she accomplished both beyond my expectations. She is also incredibly organized, prepared, and absolutely delightful to be around. She happened to have worked with my florist before, so she went out of her way before the wedding to go pick up fresh flowers to put in my hair. On the day, she arrived promptly and set up a station with pictures she had taken from my hair and makeup trial from every angle so that she could recreate the look exactly as I had wanted it. She was also beyond thoughtful on the wedding day, and made sure that my friends passed me food and water while she was working on me. Lastly, she provided an adorable mini-emergency kit with beauty items to touch up throughout the day, included a cute mirrored bobby-pin holder that I still use. I am crossing my fingers for another event as an excuse to get to work with Shana again!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Katherine · Married on 08/24/2013

From my first trial session to my wedding day, Shana was amazing to work with. She really listened to what I wanted and spent time to look at my Pintrest pages for things I liked or didn't like. On my wedding day, I was so relaxed and calm since I knew I was in good hands and didn't have to worry about a thing with my hair or makeup. Both of my bridesmaids decided to have Shana do their hair as well and they looked stunning! Shanan worked with the three of us to make sure we were all happy and that we had a cohesive look together. She was simply amazing and I would recommend her to anyone looking for wedding hair and makeup for just someone to help out for a special occasion. She's fantastic!

Sent on 08/28/2013
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Kaufman · Married on 09/29/2018

3.0

Amazing Talent, Great Energy

I highly recommend working with Shana of Fox & Doll! I had two friends who had Shana do hair & makeup for their weddings, so once we had a date & venue, she was the first vendor that I booked. Shana's talents are beyond evident from the photos of her work, it's clear that she does amazing work. On top of that, Shana was very easy to communicate with, was super helpful and understanding as I flip-flopped between ideas, and was an easy-going & calm presence the day of the wedding. Shana is extremely professional, our only challenge was scheduling some conversations and the trial, mostly because she works so much and often has to travel. Still, I found it totally worth the extra effort and only wish Shana could do my hair and makeup every day!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Fox & Doll Makeup & Hair FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 250.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 250.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 125.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • What is the base price for manicures?
    $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for pedicures?
    $ 65.00
  • What is the starting price for facials?
    $ 65.00
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Manicure / Pedicure
    Men's Grooming
    Mult. Stylists
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Contour Makeup
    Fake Lashes
    Brow/Lash Tinting
    Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

• Jim Vetter Photography Wedding Photographers

As a photographer, I look for two things in hair and makeup stylists. 1) they make my clients look amazing; and 2) they have them ready in time for me to photograph them before the event begins. Fox & Doll nails it on both counts! They also know how to work under pressure in difficult conditions which is a big plus. At our last wedding together, the power went out and they had to do everything with no juice. Still nailed it. Thanks guys :) Hope to work together again soon!

• 3150 18th Street, #259 San Francisco, CA, 94110 See on map
    4154200527 (Phone number)
    Location of (Fox & Doll Makeup & Hair)