Fox Den Baking Co.

Walland, TN View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Fox Den Baking Co. is a private commercial kitchen located in Walland, Tennessee, specializing in buttercream tiered cakes and wedding-worthy assorted sweets. This local business is owned by Melissa L. Brinley, a talented, professionally-trained chef with an eye for adding beautiful personalized details. Her sweet treats include everything from stunning tiered wedding cakes to elegantly curated dessert bars and intricately decorated sugar cookies. Melissa has a wide range of experience, having worked for various national publications as a recipe developer, food stylist, and editor.

Beginning with a consultation and tasting in their licensed and insured private commercial kitchen, you'll have the opportunity to provide input into the final design. Melissa is happy to accommodate dietary requirements such as gluten-free and vegan. To help your big day run smoothly, her team can deliver and set up your cake or dessert display, as well as offer cake-cutting services. Their products are all scratch-made and made with the highest quality ingredients available that you and your guests are sure to love.

• Woman-owned

$4.50

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$3

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Set Up

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Dessert Buffet
Fruit
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Cutters
Cake Stands
Cake Toppers

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Abby
    Abby H. Married on 10/15/2021

If you’re looking for a Knoxville bakery, Fox Den is it!!

On top of having such delicious cakes, Melissa was an absolute gem! She was so kind when we visited her shop for our cake tasting. My husband and I traveled throughout Italy for a summer and we expressed interest in doing a tiramisu inspired cake. She was so excited to develop a personal recipe to represent a sweet part of our relationship! The cake was delicious and the marscapone icing she made was TO DIE FOR! We left the tasting thinking about that icing for weeks!
    Delivery on our wedding day went smoothly and the cake display was beautiful. We got so many compliments on both the beauty and taste of the cakes. We actually almost didn’t get to have a slice of cake, other than from our bite of cake cutting, because people kept going back for seconds and thirds!! Pricing was extremely reasonable and Melissa was super flexible in working to create our dream cake display. If you need a baker in the Knoxville area, I certainly recommend Fox Den!

Fox Den Baking Co.'s reply:

We *love* recreating special moments for our couples, and we are thrilled you enjoyed the tiramisu-inspired cake! Thank you so much for these kind words, Abby. You were a dream to work with, and we wish you the happiest of marriages!
    Kelly O. Married on 10/01/2021

Scrumptious!

Fox Den Baking Co was exactly what we hoped for. Personal attention, on time, so friendly and the most delicious selection of beautiful baked goods!!

Fox Den Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a sweet part of your celebration, Kelly! It was so fun creating your assorted treat bar for your special day!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin C. Married on 09/25/2021

Saved the day!

I contacted Melissa a few weeks before my wedding as my cake plans had fallen through. She quickly answered all of my questions and was able to bring my small cake idea to life. I was able to add on cupcakes as well which worked out perfectly because my husband wanted a chocolate cake and I wanted red velvet. We were able to both get what we wanted! After debating for a bit I reached back out to her to add on a dozen decorated cookies. I wanted something I could ship to my grandparents as they weren’t able to travel for the wedding and I wanted to share something with them. The cookies were my favorite part! I shipped 6 to my grandparents and kept the other 6 for myself. They were so cute and equally delicious!! Overall, I had such a great experience ordering from Melissa and I’m so grateful she was able to help me out on a short notice!

Fox Den Baking Co.'s reply:

Planning a wedding has so many moving parts, we're so thankful we were able to alleviate the stress of finding a baker to help make your wedding celebration sweeter. You guys did it right--cupcakes are always a good idea :) Thank you so much for trusting us with your custom cookie designs, and we're so happy you + your grandparents enjoyed them!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Pricing

Fox Den Baking Co. Price Rates

Team

Melissa Brinley
Melissa Brinley
owner + operator

Melissa studied journalism and electronic media at the University of Tennessee. To gain credibility as an aspiring food writer and continue her education, Melissa attended culinary school at Johnson and Wales in Charlotte. She enjoyed learning various techniques from cultures around the world, and became passionate about recipe development.

After graduating, Melissa learned dietary substitutions at Morrison Healthcare research and development kitchen in Atlanta, the importance of a recipe to be scientifically accurate with both ingredients and equipment at Cook’s Country Magazine at America’s Test Kitchen in Boston, and later joined the staff Hoffman Media as a Test Kitchen Professional in Birmingham. White at Hoffman Media, she was promoted to the Assistant Editor of Cooking With Paula Deen and honed her skills for website development, social media management, editorial content planning and creation, and marketing.

Melissa enjoyed living in various cities, but something about the Smoky Mountains called her home. She likes creating a reason for people to gather, which gave an opportunity for her love of baking to blossom. She thrives working with a balance of media content creation and baking. Fox Den Baking Co. completed the private commercial kitchen in November 2020.

We look forward to being a small, sweet part of your celebrations!

Walland, Tennessee Walland, TN, 37886
Location of (Fox Den Baking Co.)
133 Brinegar Way Walland, TN, 37886 See on map

Other vendors in Knoxville for your wedding