FilmCars

New York, NY View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Recipient of 'Couples' Choice' award 2021, 2020, 2018 & 2016 and greatly honored to be represented in 16 years of Reviews.

From brides to Broadway, FilmCars has earned a rock solid reputation in classic car rentals. Since 1983 and in partnership with New York Checker since 2006, wedding couples and planners have trusted FilmCars to provide not only classic cars but guaranteed dependability and flexibility in helping make the Big Day special.

FilmCars knows that a successful wedding requires flawless coordination to carefully manage the details and that its transportation is best served by drivers who care deeply about accommodating a couple’s needs and applying positive energy in working with your photographer and videographer to make sure the car gives them what they need, even when there are sudden changes to the Day’s plan which in many cases means staying on a little longer.

Special discounts are offered for those in the armed forces (active and retired) as well as for first responders.

Email for a personalized proposal and an introduction to any of these beautifully maintained classic cars. including everyone’s favorite yellow taxi, the iconic Checker Cab.

What types of vehicles are in your fleet?

Classic Car
Sedan

Schedule permitting, which of the following driving services do you provide?

Round Trip
One-Way Trip
Multi-Locations

Typically, what is the minimum rental time required to book your services during peak season?

1 Hour

Which of the following amenities are your vehicles equipped with?

Wedding Signage

• Riah
    Riah B. Married on 03/24/2022

Film Cars NY - Thank you Peter!

Thank you so much Peter!

We absolutely loved our experience in the yellow cab - it was truly special for us on our wedding day.

We loved all the history around the cab, and we loved how passionate Peter was telling us all the amazing stories. None of which we knew beforehand - so this was extra special for us to learn.

Peter was prompt and professional, always ensuring the best and quickest routes possible were taken to allow us to get some amazing wedding photos in various locations around New York.

Thank you for making us feel so welcome and comfortable, we will remember our trip around NYC in the cab forever! and thank you for the special touch with the flags.

How many people can say they have travelled across the Queensboro Bridge in the same cab as Kevin McCallister singing their favourite Christmas karaoke song by Darlene Love on their wedding day!?!

Forever grateful,
    Riah & Steven
    Ashely C. Married on 01/26/2022

The best rental car company in NYC hands down!

As someone who is born & raised in NYC I am skeptical of a company and particularly of a person who receives ALL FANTASTIC reviews. I thought I’d give it a try after reading all the great reviews and reach out to a person named “Peter” who everyone seems to rage about. I received a response immediately the next day breaking down the details and options available. This was the first rental car company that I’ve worked with that didn’t give me a headache!
    I rented the checkered taxi cab to surprise my husband for our anniversary since his favorite movie is taxi driver. He loved it! The cab was in mint condition. Peter our driver was fabulous . He was welcoming, professional, pleasant and went above and beyond to make our night special. He suggested a place to take pictures with the nyc skyline in the background. He took wonderful pictures of me and my husband. And he was in no rush to drop us off to our destination. He had a wonderful selection of old school songs from in the 70’s-80’s and took us through Times Square (a famous scene from the movie taxi driver).
    My point is if you are skeptical of this company like I was originally, don’t be. Peter is a true gem and it’s rare to find that in NYC these days. I would highly recommend you won’t regret it!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

26 photos · 12/07/2015
  • Noah & Kelsey
    39 photos · 04/19/2015

Unveiled Weddings Unveiled Weddings Wedding Photographers

The best company to get amazing wedding transportation for your big day! Super friendly and professional. I hope to work with them again soon! www.Unveiled-Weddings.com

JC Lemon Photography JC Lemon Photography Wedding Photographers

Peter and his entire crew at Film Cars are always a blast to work with. They have an amazing fleet of vehicles and no matter who is driving, they're always professional and friendly. I HIGHLY recommend hiring them for a little extra something on your wedding day!

46 W87 Street New York, NY, 10024