Long Beach, CA 90805 Map · Phone number

About Events by DeCor

Events by DeCor is a Southern California-based, independent, event planning, design, and management company, specializing in small, medium, and large events. The company is owned by Henry DeRussell and John Corwin, who collectively bring more than 9 years of event planning experience, including a previous 4 year business venture in the same industry. Their passionate drive, sustained client relationships, and attention to detail are what have made this minority-owned business so successful.

We emphasize our abilities on tailoring each and every event according to the needs and wants of our clients, while delivering the utmost professional and friendly customer service. And with our vast connections of vendors and venues throughout Los Angeles, Orange County, and the Inland Empire, we help bring your vision to life while being budget conscious. Weddings, birthdays, baby showers, corporate events, you name it...No event is too big or too small for us!

In addition to their business, Henry and John enjoy giving back to the community, volunteering their time from food drives and festivals to sporting events and comic conventions. Furthermore, they are both involved in a recreational co-ed softball league in Long Beach for a little work-life balance. And don't be alarmed if your first in-person meeting is at a Starbucks, they are Starbucks fiends!

Follow Events by DeCor on

Stuffing backpacks with school supplies for underprivileged children with Friends & Helpers Org in...
0e2f36e180182135 IMG 20180823 195958 102 1
Bridal Editorial Photoshoot in Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Bridal Editorial Photoshoot in Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Sweetheart Table view of Wedding Reception in Downey, CA
Sweetheart Table view of Wedding Reception in Downey, CA
Bride in Rosarito, MX (Destination Wedding)
Bride in Rosarito, MX (Destination Wedding)
60th Birthday Party in Wilmington, CA

Events by DeCor 4
  • Carol

Carol Solorzano · Married on 11/12/2016

Carol Solorzano

When I dreamed of what I wanted for my wedding, I mentioned to Henry that I wanted a Hawaiian theme, with a bit of Disney, a bit of the Beatles, classic colors and no luau theme. In less than five minutes he sent me sample pictures and it was exactly what I wanted! Having a Wedding Plaaner that understands your dream, your wish, your vision and especially understands you is so important!
    I relied on Henry to send me referrals for everything I needed for my wedding. I didn’t need to look on my own. I mentioned how I wanted a photographer who not only takes great pictures but takes locations and scenes into consideration to get the best memory. He found me the best photographer and now I’ll have memories to cherish!
    On our wedding day, I didn’t worry about anything. And even before something came up, Henry and his team took care of it before my husband and I would even know. Henry was there for everything even as minor as a line dance I wanted to do. He set it up for me without me knowing and that dance was the most fun and memorable part of our special day!
    I definitely would recommend Events by DeCor for their dedication to fulfilling our dream wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Events by DeCor 5
    Events by DeCor 6
    Events by DeCor 7
    Events by DeCor 8
  • Ruthm.carrillo@gmail.com

Ruth · Married on 08/13/2016

I was planning a wedding of 200+ all by myself and I was in desperate need of help. I felt so overwhelmed and didn’t know exactly what I wanted but knew my wedding had to be perfect. As soon as I met with Henry he was so patient and knowledgeable and made my wedding goals his priority and assured me all is taken care of. As a normal bride that wanted to be apart of all decisions he always kept me aware of every step, had SO MUCH patience with my indecisiveness and provided me guidance which is what I ultimately needed. My husband and I are so grateful for all his help in planning our big day, and were beyond impressed of how organized and beautiful our wedding event turned out to be. Til this day, I still get so many compliments!! I’m still at awe at the fact that they even offered dancing lessons...Henry and his crew are truly amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Sharon Ramirez · Married on 04/30/2016

Loved Working with Them!!

My husband and I were initially not looking for an events coordinator for our wedding, but by a chance encounter, we decided to go ahead with Events by DeCor. We are so glad we did! Friendly, professional, knowledgeable and will get the job done! They understand what it takes and will do what they can to make sure you are taken care of. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Events by DeCor FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Elopement, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Love Sparrows
    Love Sparrows Wedding Florists

This dynamic pair is HIGHLY recommended. They are kind, creative + fun to be around. If you are looking for planners or coordinators you won't be disappointed. I'm a coordinator myself, so I'm picky! But I'd recommend them ANY DAY! If you're thinking of booking them, take the leap and do it....you won't regret it <3

• Long Beach, 90805 See on map