Electra Cruises

3439 Via Oporto, Newport Beach, CA 92663, Newport Beach, CA 92663 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 14
  • Real Weddings 4

About Electra Cruises

Operating out of Newport Beach, California, Electra Cruises is a yacht-based wedding venue designed to provide couples with an unforgettable experience. Their fleet of five vessels ranges from a charming paddlewheel riverboat to a contemporary and luxurious yacht. Couples and their guests can take in the breathtaking sights of Newport Harbor from a vantage point that few others will ever see.

Facilities and Capacity

Electra Cruises has a variety of high-end vessels built to suit the needs of their clients. Couples can host covered or uncovered ceremonies and receptions which can accommodate as few as 25 or up to 300 guests. Their 65-foot yacht, Athena, comfortably holds up to 150 wedding guests. Complete with leather sofas and a baby grand piano, guests are afforded plenty of space to relax and enjoy the special day. The largest ship in their fleet is the Eternity, a 140-foot vessel that boasts four decks and enough space for up to 300 passengers. This sleek, ultra-contemporary boat serves as an ideal location to recite your vows amidst a soothing, sea breeze. This company’s other liners are just as impressive and offer couples and their loved ones a high-style day at sea.

Couples can choose the timing of their event so that they can bask in the Southern California sun or dance the night away underneath the stars. Yacht rentals are typically four hours in duration but may be extended upon request. Electra Cruises offers couples a team of wedding coordinators to personalize their special event. Their all-inclusive wedding packages cover:

• Yacht rentals
  • Catering and bar packages
  • Onboard wedding cakes
  • Ceremony officiant services
  • Wedding entertainment
  • Setup and teardown

Cuisine

Each of the yachts in the Electra Cruises fleet contains a commercial galley onboard. This means that you and your guests can enjoy fresh and delicious meals prepared by talented chefs. The crew is prepared to serve a variety of cuisines including, classic American, Jamaican, Mexican, and more. These meals can be presented in a buffet-style or couples may choose a sit-down service.

Follow Electra Cruises on

Videos 1 Video

213 Reviews for Electra Cruises

Cherry Caluag · Married on 06/28/2019

Wonderful time!!

Had our wedding on 6/28/19 at the Newport Princess for 50 guests. It was AMAZING! We spoke with Kim from the start to the end. We handled everything through mostly emails and texts here and there. Kim was very helpful and understanding with everything. She was able to answer everything immediately even my one question emails were not a problem for her. If you book an event with Electra, make sure you ask if they have the things you want before purchasing them. I didn’t use much of their stuff because I had a DIY wedding but they have a lot to offer. I only used their easels, round mirrors for centerpieces, lanterns and white drapings for the ceremony and stairwell. They made me a custom sign at the broad walk for my guests to see when they get to the marina.

I highly recommend going to the food/vendor fair! We pretty much decided on everything that same night! We had the jumbo shrimp as our appetizers, mesclun salad, steamed veggies, scalloped potatoes. For our entree, we had coconut macadamia chicken. It was originally fish, but the chef at the vendor night told us we can substitute the meat so we chose chicken! The food was incredible and all my guests loved the food! The chicken wasn’t dry at all!

The week of my wedding, I found out that my day-of coordinator was Star. I spoke to her on the phone first and it went well! Star was so detailed and made sure to ask all the important questions. We dropped off all our stuff a couple hours before the wedding (you’re able to drop it off the day before as well) and when we arrived at the yacht everything looked great!!! We didn’t ask for much, but we were glad everything we asked for were done! She got everything done on a timely manner. We weren’t going to have speeches but we added the speeches literally right when we got there and Star made it happen! In the end, she did a good job collecting all my stuff without us having to do anything! I left my card box for the venue to use in the future; I should have left more things for the venue to use!

Overall, choosing Electra Cruises as our venue was the best choice! All of our guests had an amazing time, literally!!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Brian

Brian Scanaliato · Married on 05/19/2019

They made it easy!

Both Susan and Jen were awesome. The planning was super easy, the evening went off without a hitch and we all had the tome of our lives. Beautiful ship, great food, amazing staff! My only regret is that it’s over.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

We got married on July 27, 2018 & I am so happy we found Electra Cruises to be our wedding venue. We are actually from out of state but I came across their website and we decided the travel out to California to take a look at the venue. We I am so happy we found Electra Cruises to be our wedding venue. We are actually from out of state but I came across their website and we decided the travel out to California to take a look at the venue. We instantly fell in love with Destiny and knew this is where we wanted to get married. Electra made the wedding planning so easy and kept all of the stress off of me. The fact that this is an all-inclusive venue made my life so much easier. I am very indecisive but they were always so nice and answered any questions I had. Mary was my first wedding planner who was awesome but Jessica ended up taking over and was just as sweet and very detailed in her answers to my questions. All of our guests talked about how fun and unique the experience was. fell in love with Destiny and knew this is where we wanted to get married. Electra made the wedding planning so easy and kept all of the stress off of me. The fact that this is an all-inclusive venue made my life so much easier. I am very indecisive but they were always so nice and answered any questions I had. Mary was my first wedding planner who was awesome but Jessica ended up taking over and was just as sweet and very detailed in her answers to my questions. All of our guests talked about how fun and unique the experience was and could not stop raving about how good the food was!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Electra Cruises FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 9900.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 6930.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 390.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 390.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Glassware
    Linens
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 21.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    House Wine
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Beach
    Boat/Yacht
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Cake
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Preferred Vendors Only
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Cash Bar
    Champagne Toast
    Open Bar
  • What event items are available?
    Centerpieces
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Decor
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Photo booth
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    November

Real Weddings

View more weddings

• 3439 Via Oporto, Newport Beach, CA 92663 Newport Beach, CA, 92663 See on map
    Location of (Electra Cruises)