Other couples have also viewed:
193 Reviews for DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment
Recommended by 100% of couples
12 User photos
Jennifer Larson · Getting married on 12/01/2021
James was such an amazing DJ for our wedding in late-January! He came as a recommendation from our venue (BRIX on the Fox), but we eventually found out later that he DJ'd my sister-in-law's wedding 6 years ago! With all that set aside...we want to highlight some absolutely awesome things we LOVED about James:Sent on 02/06/2020
1. He was so nice, honest, and open to helping.
2. The program we used to make our "setlist" was SUPER easy to use and we were able to customize everything down to first dances, dedications, processionals/recessionals, and more! Another awesome part of this was that he picked and played songs from our setlist based on the crowd. He also played a few songs that we didn't have on our list, but again...it was spot on with the crowd. In short...he was really good at reading the crowd based on how they were on the dance floor.
3. All of the music had a great flow! Songs didn't go fast...slow...fast... He would play a few faster songs and then give the crowd a break by playing a slower-paced song.
4. He was SUPER quick to respond to e-mails and last minute requests (such as the processional song, our Photo Rush song, and the Father/Daughter breakout dance that I created and sent to him).
5. Professionalism really stuck out to us too - dressed for the occasion and interacted with the crowd in a polite, fun, and professional manner. We were so grateful to have him assist us and our photographer with having our families get ready for photos under our trellis (basically getting everyone's attention and on standby).
6. He was diligent with providing the FOB, Bestman, and Maid of Honor with the microphones when needed for their speeches. Our ceremony was setup perfectly with our officiant having a lapel microphone and the reader with a mic stand.
7. James' quote was fair, reasonable, and competitive. We didn't have to put a deposit down for our wedding day, but rather sign an electronic contract for it to be considered "booked" - it made it very convenient!
Overall, we were very pleased with James and his DJ skills! Our friends and families were talking about the music throughout the night and in the weeks after the wedding! We're glad that James could be part of our special day and would welcome the opportunity to work with him again if the opportunity presented itself!
Kate Ponchak · Getting married on 06/01/2021
Wow! Book DJuJ now!
DJuJ was the best!! His website for planning and music selection was very user friendly and he helped keep the reception moving along. He was more than willing to help my father plan a special speech and kept everyone dancing all night long. His prices are extremely reasonable and he was a pleasure to work with! Highly recommended!Sent on 02/03/2020
Adam Mergens · Getting married on 05/05/2021
Book him now before someone else does!
I had the pleasure of working with DJUJ for my wedding this past weekend and I can honestly say he is quite a talent. I can assure you won't receive a better DJ in the Chicagoland area that's as personable, committed and flat out fun than James. For those of you who don't know "UJ" stands for Uncle Jimmy, and after a night like I had, he sure felt like he was one of the family. Everyone I talked to that night said the music was flat out awesome! He played everything you coulda asked for and kept the place rocking from start to finish. Just stop what you're doing and book him now before someone else does!Sent on 05/29/2019
DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment Price Rates
I've worked with Jim both in a professional capacity and as a bride. In both situations, he has been completely professional, FUN, and a pleasure to work with. As a bride, I loved that he worked with me to make my music selection personal. He was open to playing songs that were slightly obscure (but important to us), as well as providing guidance as to other songs to fill the evening. As a photographer, I absolutely love that he gets the reception crowd partying... he makes my job so easy because everyone is out on the dance floor and laughing when he's DJing... It's just impossible to get a bad shot when people are having that much fun!