DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Eric H. Getting married on 12/10/2021

Need a DJ? How about a great one?

James was one of the many pieces in the puzzle on our wedding day, and he fit perfectly! From being able to set up our songs online beforehand, to keeping the kids entertained with musical games out on the dance floor, he was just awesome. He knew where to place the speakers so dinner guests weren’t being blown out, and he didn’t sound like the “Crazy, wacky morning-drive DJ” either. He knew how to read the crowd, and did a great job of mixing the fast with the slow, the old with the new. Everyone wanted to be on the dancefloor, and that’s not an easy thing to do! He showed up early, chatted with me to make sure everything was perfect, and it was! I would highly recommend James to anyone having a need for a DJ, and would hire him again in an instant. James is one of those guys that makes you say to people “I got a guy....” 10/10!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Getting married on 12/01/2021

110% Recommend!

James was such an amazing DJ for our wedding in late-January! He came as a recommendation from our venue (BRIX on the Fox), but we eventually found out later that he DJ'd my sister-in-law's wedding 6 years ago! With all that set aside...we want to highlight some absolutely awesome things we LOVED about James:

1. He was so nice, honest, and open to helping.
    2. The program we used to make our "setlist" was SUPER easy to use and we were able to customize everything down to first dances, dedications, processionals/recessionals, and more! Another awesome part of this was that he picked and played songs from our setlist based on the crowd. He also played a few songs that we didn't have on our list, but again...it was spot on with the crowd. In short...he was really good at reading the crowd based on how they were on the dance floor.
    3. All of the music had a great flow! Songs didn't go fast...slow...fast... He would play a few faster songs and then give the crowd a break by playing a slower-paced song.
    4. He was SUPER quick to respond to e-mails and last minute requests (such as the processional song, our Photo Rush song, and the Father/Daughter breakout dance that I created and sent to him).
    5. Professionalism really stuck out to us too - dressed for the occasion and interacted with the crowd in a polite, fun, and professional manner. We were so grateful to have him assist us and our photographer with having our families get ready for photos under our trellis (basically getting everyone's attention and on standby).
    6. He was diligent with providing the FOB, Bestman, and Maid of Honor with the microphones when needed for their speeches. Our ceremony was setup perfectly with our officiant having a lapel microphone and the reader with a mic stand.
    7. James' quote was fair, reasonable, and competitive. We didn't have to put a deposit down for our wedding day, but rather sign an electronic contract for it to be considered "booked" - it made it very convenient!

Overall, we were very pleased with James and his DJ skills! Our friends and families were talking about the music throughout the night and in the weeks after the wedding! We're glad that James could be part of our special day and would welcome the opportunity to work with him again if the opportunity presented itself!
    Kelly C. Married on 10/24/2021

Great night for every guest.

He made the night smoothing from making announcements to playing entertains songs and even taking requests from guests! I highly recommend him for your special night!
    Roxann Z. Married on 10/16/2021

Amazing Experience!!!

My wedding was the absolute best night and I owe a lot of it to DJUj. I didn’t leave the dance floor all night along with about 50 of our guests. We had a BLAST and people can’t stop talking about the wedding! Thank you SO much for making it such a fun day! The only thing I blame on you… are the blisters on me feet because I didn’t want to stop dancing! Haha Thanks again for being so easy to work with and so fun! If you are getting married and still need a DJ, I 10/10 would stop searching and book DJUj. You won’t regret it!!
  • Jess
    Jess E. Married on 10/10/2021

Simply the BEST DJ

James brought our party to life! He listened to our requests and exceeded our expectations! Thanks for helping our guests cut loose, and have a great night to remember! After attending my wedding, my friend requested James' information to have him DJ her wedding. Don't hesitate...Make James your DJ today!
    Samantha L. Married on 10/08/2021

DJ Jimmy is the best!

Jimmy is THE BEST!!! Very responsive and helps with anything you have questions about!!! Makes you feel comfortable knowing that he will take care of everything! He reads the crowd great and knows exactly what song needs to be played next!! If you’re looking for a DJ for your next event - this is your guy!! At my wedding people were on the dance floor the ENTIRE night!!! Thanks again Jimmy!!
    Jamie T. Married on 10/02/2021

Simply Amazing

Jimmy was extremely easy and wonderful to work with. He was responsive to every email and phone call. He answered every possible question we could think of and was so professional when doing so. Our wedding simply would not have been the same without him. He played outstanding music and made sure to keep the dance floor full the whole night! I would recommend Jimmy for any event. He was amazing!
    Maria S. Married on 10/01/2021

Perfection!

Jimmy was so amazing to work with! Super friendly, accommodating, professional, and experienced! We received MANY compliments from our guests on how wonderful he was. Thank you Jimmy for making our day SO special!!
    Nicole W. Married on 09/23/2021

Great DJ for your big day!!

I found DJUj (James) through Chicago Wedding Facebook groups and he was wonderful! We rescheduled twice due to COVID and he was super responsive. He was straight forward with pricing, which I thought was very reasonable. His planning website is really nice and helpful. On the day of he showed up right on time and set up everything needed. Everything went so well! He has a great presence and super professional. Thank you for helping us make our big day so great!
    Ali F. Married on 09/19/2021

Best DJ ever!!!

My husband and I just got married 9/19, but people have NOT stopped talking about how amazing our Playlist was. Everyone said they wished they had hired him for their wedding! I could not have asked for anything more, every song was played at just the right time and he read the room and changed things up based on that. He truly is one of a kind and I can't recommend him enough!
  • Allie
    Allie B. Married on 09/13/2021

The best dj

Ah-mazing dj! Djuj knew exactly what to play and he was so nice and flexible! Definitely would recommend! Hands. Down.
  • Luis
    Luis G. Married on 09/04/2021

DJUj Nailed It

James was so patient, accommodating, showed up early before our ceremony to set up. A true professional. He nailed the song choices for the ceremony, cake cutting, cocktail hour. He was even able to take requests during the dancing session from our guests! Our friends and family all had an amazing time with the music throughout the entire night! James is also super communicative throughout the entire planning so you won't be left in the dark with him. Totally recommended!
  • Jess
    Jess P. Married on 09/03/2021

100 out of 10. Wonderful DJ and human.

Kind, energetic, detailed, generous, outgoing, above and beyond, warm hearted.
    The best decision I could’ve made. We love DJUj. Blessed to have found him.
  • Emma
    Emma Married on 07/30/2021

Would definitely recommend Jimmy!

Jimmy was a fabulous DJ for our wedding day July 30th 2021. He was able to work with us seamlessly when we had to postpone from last September due to covid.
    Jimmy listened to our music requests and double checked with me through out the night to make sure the music was working well for the group.
    His services were also super affordable!
    He makes the process so easy with his online forms as well. I would absolutely recommend him.
    Ashley O. Married on 07/25/2021

Great guy and awesome DJ!

James was awesome! He was great at answering all my questions, providing his input/advice, and confirming details with me. I had a surprise for my now husband during the ceremony and James rocked it! Highly recommend. Thank you so much!
  • Autumn
    Autumn M. Married on 07/10/2021

Best dj ever!

Jimmy was such an amazing wedding DJ as I knew he would be. We chose our wedding date based solely on his availability because we know he's the best! He kept the head party going and people dancing the whole time! He knew exactly what to play and when. I will forever recommend him to couples looking for a DJ!
    D Ham Married on 07/05/2021

An outstanding DJ

We had an awesome time on wedding day! James offers such a personal and seamless prep was! I couldn’t believe how AMAZING everything turned out! Brides worry a lot but James made the process so stressless that I felt absolutely no need to be concerned with anything. The Dj basically makes the wedding so if your looking for a DJ who will make your day as great as mine THIS IS YOUR GUY!!!!!
  • McKayla
    Mckayla Married on 06/19/2021

Best wedding DJ around!

Jimmy did an awesome job!! Has everyone out on the dance floor the whole night!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer C. Married on 06/12/2021

Perfect DJ for our perfect day!

We are so happy we had Jimmy as the DJ for our wedding! The uplighting and monogram of our new last name were beautiful details that made the reception pop! Not only is he an amazing DJ, but a great MC as well! He kept the night going on schedule with the toasts, first dances, bouquet toss, etc. He did a great job announcing the bridal party and getting the energy up from the guests. The music selection was exactly what we wanted and guests barely left the dance floor. We shut the place down at 1:30 AM all thanks to Jimmy's music choices! Thank you again for helping create the most perfect day!
    Sam L. Married on 06/05/2021

Best wedding DJ

James did a phenomenal job at our wedding!!! We had our dance floor packed all night!! He was entertaining and great to communicate with. Hands down best choice for music and you will not be disappointed!!!
    Kylie S. Married on 06/04/2021

James is the DJ you NEED at your wedding

I found James by doing a Facebook search in a wedding group and I am so happy I did! He was so nice and would help any chance he got. You could tell how much he loves doing this.

His online program to pick our songs was so easy to use and even helped me organize the night. He always was playing the right music to keep the crowd on the dance floor. There was never a time where a song came on and the dance floor cleared. He knew just what do play and when to play it.

He was also extremely professional. He came dressed very nicely and the crowd noticed how professional he was. I had people after the wedding asking for his contact info for their upcoming weddings.

If you have any question whether you should book with him or not, DO IT. You won’t regret it.
    Kate P. Married on 06/01/2021

Wow! Book DJuJ now!

DJuJ was the best!! His website for planning and music selection was very user friendly and he helped keep the reception moving along. He was more than willing to help my father plan a special speech and kept everyone dancing all night long. His prices are extremely reasonable and he was a pleasure to work with! Highly recommended!
    Ryan G. Married on 05/28/2021

Look no further for your DJ

Jimmy made our night so incredibly special! He got everything right and handled our special requests. He got everyone out on the dance floor for the whole night. Definitely recommend!!
    Ashley P. Married on 05/22/2021

Great DJ for wedding

James was awesome especially through this pandemic!! We had to change our venue which was a little further and he had no issues with moving with us. Music was awesome!! Would highly recommend
    Jordan B. Married on 05/22/2021

The Perfect Choice!

James was the perfect choice for our reception and ceremony. He was extremely helpful throughout the evening, and we knew our wedding was in very capable hands. He created a great atmosphere for our guests, and kept up a great tempo throughout the reception. Couldn’t have asked for more!