139 Reviews for DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment

Do-Not-Play List (19)
Disco Ball (8)
Liability Insurance (7)
139 DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment Reviews

I used him for my wedding in February and he is wonderful to work with. We live in Wisconsin, family is in Illinois and was able to work with my mom as well as myself being so far away. All the way up to the wedding I was able to make a correction. All my guest loved him and how professional he is. The price is great too if you are on a budget for the wedding.

Profile Picture Kristi, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are really happy we decided to work with DjUj for our wedding! Jimmy set up beautiful uplighting at our venue, provided sound for our ceremony, and ensured seamless transitions throughout our reception. He did a great job emceeing and adjusting to the ever changing schedule that is a wedding. Not only that, but he kept the party going all the way until the last song! Our guests loved that he played a mix of old and new music, and was able to slide in some requests too. On top of his extremely affordable rates, we loved that we only had one meeting with him and he was easily able to walk us through the timeline for the event. Thanks for being part of our special day, Jimmy!!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Beyond amazing! Did a great job of making sure everyone had a wonderful time! Would recommend time and time again!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We LOVED James! He's the best!

Profile Picture zelda, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim is an incredible DJ!! He did our wedding ceremony and reception – it was absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough good things about Jim. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. So many of our guests came up to us saying how great the music was. He played all the songs we wanted and none of the ones we didn’t, while keeping everyone energized. He even found us the perfect color uplighting! From when we initially contact Jim until the end of the reception, Jim was focused on us and everything we wanted – quick responses, clear communication, so prompt, crazy energy, and all around such a nice guy. I could go on and on Jim goes above and beyond expectations. I’d recommend Jim 10 out of 10 times – you won’t be disappointed. Thank you Jim!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

JIMMY IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! He made my wedding the most fun it could ever be! The dance floor was PACKED my entire wedding and he is such a fun and nice person to work with. Couldn’t recommend him enough!!! He is so easy to get in touch with and always got back to me so quickly. He is so experienced he knows exactly what to do and I didn’t have to worry about anything on my wedding day. He was also able to do my ceremony at a separate location and the sound quality was perfect. DJUJ is a wedding must!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim Mastrino played 5 hours at my wedding. He played smooth jazz during cocktail hour and dinner and songs from my playlist during dancing. He was fantastic!! On his website, he has an online organizer where is lists all the songs you want played, the names of the people you want introduced and a timeline so he has an idea of when things will happen. His fee is very low compared to other DJs I checked out. I would highly, highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJUJ was our DJ at our wedding. At our wedding he did the usual things as reading the crowd and making sure things work out well. However, When I told DJUJ that we wanted something different the day of the wedding, he went full out and helped up and danced with us. He changed things on the fly on my (the groom) and the bride's request.

Secondly, two months later, my cousin had a wedding and asked me how we found our amazing DJ.

He's that good.

Profile Picture Brandon, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I'm a videographer and have worked with numerous DJ's. I've never ran into someone so passionate, funny, and just in general amazing to work with. Jimmy really had the dance floor packed all the way to the very end. You cannot get any better!

Profile Picture Hayden, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James is honestly the most wonderful person and incredible DJ I could have ever wished for on my wedding day! He is so friendly, sweet, upbeat, and accommodating. James kept communication open and easy, he was very reachable and quick to respond to emails before the big day. He even dealt with my Mom’s many emails asking him to continually edit a special dance song for us with nothing but friendliness and he made it so perfect! I really can’t say enough good things. All of our family and friends loved him, too! We got so many compliments about him and how great he was from our guests. So, so glad we were lucky enough to have him as our DJ for our special day :)

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked James a year in advance. We were drawn to his amazing reviews online and his very nice price, but I was a little skeptical without first meeting him. Let me be the first to say that hiring James as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made. At one point he referred to himself as Uncle Jimmy.. and that is really what he became! He really listened to what we wanted and followed through with all his promises. Most importantly, he kept us dancing the whole night long! I highly recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jimmy was fantastic at our Danada House wedding. From our initial consultation, he had excellent suggestions for our wedding, and was able to answer all of our questions with ease. He has a very easy online planning form that can be filled out at your leisure while you wedding plan, and makes sure you don't miss any details! My mother-in-law requested a non-traditional wedding song for her mother-son dance, and James did not have this song, but even with about 24-hours notice (sorry!), he was able to find our song and have it playing on our wedding day. At our reception, DJ Jimmy had so much energy and professionalism, and was able to DJ not just our dance floor but all of our speeches and announcements with no hiccups at all! When it came time to dance, DJ Jimmy was so much fun and got all of our guests up dancing! His music choice was spot-on, and you can tell he knows just what to play for your group. His uplighting is also beautiful if you want uplighting at your event! I highly recommend DJUj for any wedding! His prices are also some of the most competitive I've seen! Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Jean, 7/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

All five starts here! DJUj played every song that our guests and I loved and then some. At the same time he tired the kids out, which was AWSOME! This DJ defiantly stole the show with the tunes for our reception...Absolutely wonderful!!

Profile Picture Clifford, 7/4/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

DJ Jimmy was amazing! He is our favorite DJ. When we met beforehand to go over the timeline and what was expected from him on our big day, he was so attentive and helpful! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fabulous and professional DJ!

Profile Picture Brianna, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

James was such an awesome DJ for our wedding! He was super responsive and easy to work with during the planning process, was very receptive to our needs and desires for reception music, and James is an all-around wonderful guy to work with! He really knows his field and makes it so easy to ensure your special day is EXACTLY what you want. Thank you for everything, James!

Profile Picture Sandy & Paul, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

djuj James Mastrino was Awesome! He was everything I was looking for in a dj. From the moment we met him, he was so polite, professional and talented. My wife and I asked for a lot of requests and special things and he happily did them all! The wedding was so fun and everyone danced all night, thanks to our wonderful DJ! I will definitely be recommending him to anyone that asks!

Profile Picture vito, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJUJ was wonderful to work with! He was the DJ at our wedding on June 8th, and our friends and family were really impressed with him. The dance floor was full for the entire wedding. Prior to the wedding he was responsive and flexible with special requests that we had.DJUJ was willing to take requests from guests at the wedding, and really kept the event moving and involved the crowd. He made our wedding extremely special, and I would highly encourage anyone to consider him for your event.

Profile Picture Shirley, 6/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We cannot praise James enough! We had our initial meeting with him after being recommended to him and were so impressed with how much he really cares about what he does and how passionate and experienced he is! We peeked in on a wedding he worked and it confirmed he was the one for us. We asked to meet with him once more to go over final details a couple weeks before the wedding and he did. Some companies don't even let you meet your DJ once, let alone twice, before the wedding, but James would have met with us as many times we we needed. He is so fun and easy to work with. Of all the things about a wedding that we stressed over, James was the one person we knew we could trust to take care of things! He went above and beyond what we imagined and gave us everything we wanted and more. We had so many song requests and were very detailed in what songs we wanted played at certain times and he nailed it all! The ceremony music was beautiful. The entrances were seamless. The songs throughout the night included everything we asked for and he kept people on the dance floor. He has a great energy and positive attitude and will do anything he can to take care of his bride and groom. He was the first one to arrive that day and the last one to leave because of all the setup and preparation. He made sure everything was perfect for our big day and we are just so impressed. He could easily be charging three times what he is now! And something we noticed is any time he spoke on the mic (announcements, etc) it was crystal clear vs other DJs we've seen at other weddings where we can't understand a word the DJ says. The quality of his work exceeds what he charges. He also worked so well with last minute changes due to how our day was running... if we needed something to change or happen at a different time, he rolled with it and handled everything with ease. He did not get flustered once. He is everything we wanted a DJ to be and more and we recommend him to everyone!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Wow, where can we begin with how amazing Jimmy has been to us! The first time we met to talk about the wedding, we knew he was going to be the perfect DJ and emcee for our ceremony and reception. He is a genuinely kind, happy and attentive person. We had a blast talking with him together about all of our hopes for our big day, and he seemed sincerely excited to help us with any special requests we had. He saved us so much stress for our wedding day because every time we contacted him about details we always ended up feeling so reassured that everything would turn out just as we hoped.

When our big day arrived, Jimmy was incredible all day. He perfectly synced up the songs we wanted for our ceremony and created the sweetest ambiance for the biggest moments in the wedding. At the reception, he made sure everyone had a great time. And all our family and friends told us they absolutely loved our DJ. Everyone thought we must have been friends for years for him to be able to speak so comfortably at the reception and to have such a great order of songs to keep everyone dancing and having fun.

It made us so happy to have so many of our family and friends rave to us about how wonderful a time they had, and we have Jimmy to thank for that. He helped make our day just that much more special and there are no words to fully describe how grateful we are for all his work. He's just an outstanding person through and through and you will be elated when you choose him for your big day. He was a huge part of us having the wedding of our dreams. Thank you Jimmy!!!

Profile Picture John, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

James was very easy to work with and really knows how to keep the crowd going. He was very attentive to people on the dance floor and kept everything going from the start of the reception to the finish. He is flexible and will take requests during the reception but also allows the bride and groom to come up with song choices before the wedding to make things easier. His online page for selecting songs was very easy to use and helpful in the sense of reminding me of what I could have song choices for. We would highly recommend him as our top choice for any wedding.

Profile Picture Liz, 5/18/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

DJUJ was so wonderful to work with! He is very responsive, and has an amazing attention to detail! He went above and beyond to make my wedding one to remember! All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night. I would recommend him for any event, and will be calling him for my own future events!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/11/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

Jimmy is seriously the best!! He was so easy to work with during our wedding planning process. He was so responsive to my many emails with questions. He kept the party going all night and was great with the kids at the wedding. We had so many guest raving about how awesome Jimmy is. I am so glad we had Jimmy on our special day. He is seriously the best and a super nice guy!

Profile Picture Kelli, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have been to many wedding over the years and found a majority of the DJs unsuccessful when selecting the right music to keep the guests on the dance floor. At my wedding, James not only had my guests tearing it up on the dance floor, but he carefully selected the right music to keep the party alive for all ages. James literally made my reception complete. My guests were so happy with the music choices, that I am still getting compliments from them!

I met with James twice to go over the music and the details of the reception. He is more than just a DJ. James worked with all my vendors to ensure the reception stayed organized for the entire night. He is the BEST DJ in the Chicago land area. I was on the dance floor the whole night!!!!! Thank you, James for making my wedding reception special. You are the best!

Profile Picture Ashlie, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy was great! We had several compliments from our guests that the DJ was awesome and that they had a great time. He tailored the music selection to fit our families, and everyone had a blast. He was also really easy to work with - friendly, flexible, and open/honest. We had a few hiccups/unexpected circumstances with our wedding, and he was really helpful and accommodating the entire time. He provided everything we needed for both the ceremony and reception, including up-lighting, which looked incredible. Couldn't be happier with our choice of DJ!

Profile Picture Zac, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I had James as our wedding DJ in April. We had a meeting before our wedding where he asked us what we were looking for. He also had a great website where we wrote what we wanted. When the day of the wedding came, he gave us EXACTLY what we were looking for! Our guest were impressed and we were impressed. We would highly recommend using James as your DJ for any event.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/13/18, 1 Review