DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment Reviews

196 | Elmhurst, IL

196 Reviews for DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment

Eric Hensel · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Need a DJ? How about a great one?

James was one of the many pieces in the puzzle on our wedding day, and he fit perfectly! From being able to set up our songs online beforehand, to keeping the kids entertained with musical games out on the dance floor, he was just awesome. He knew where to place the speakers so dinner guests weren’t being blown out, and he didn’t sound like the “Crazy, wacky morning-drive DJ” either. He knew how to read the crowd, and did a great job of mixing the fast with the slow, the old with the new. Everyone wanted to be on the dancefloor, and that’s not an easy thing to do! He showed up early, chatted with me to make sure everything was perfect, and it was! I would highly recommend James to anyone having a need for a DJ, and would hire him again in an instant. James is one of those guys that makes you say to people “I got a guy....” 10/10!!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Larson · Getting married on 12/01/2021

110% Recommend!

James was such an amazing DJ for our wedding in late-January! He came as a recommendation from our venue (BRIX on the Fox), but we eventually found out later that he DJ'd my sister-in-law's wedding 6 years ago! With all that set aside...we want to highlight some absolutely awesome things we LOVED about James:

1. He was so nice, honest, and open to helping.
    2. The program we used to make our "setlist" was SUPER easy to use and we were able to customize everything down to first dances, dedications, processionals/recessionals, and more! Another awesome part of this was that he picked and played songs from our setlist based on the crowd. He also played a few songs that we didn't have on our list, but again...it was spot on with the crowd. In short...he was really good at reading the crowd based on how they were on the dance floor.
    3. All of the music had a great flow! Songs didn't go fast...slow...fast... He would play a few faster songs and then give the crowd a break by playing a slower-paced song.
    4. He was SUPER quick to respond to e-mails and last minute requests (such as the processional song, our Photo Rush song, and the Father/Daughter breakout dance that I created and sent to him).
    5. Professionalism really stuck out to us too - dressed for the occasion and interacted with the crowd in a polite, fun, and professional manner. We were so grateful to have him assist us and our photographer with having our families get ready for photos under our trellis (basically getting everyone's attention and on standby).
    6. He was diligent with providing the FOB, Bestman, and Maid of Honor with the microphones when needed for their speeches. Our ceremony was setup perfectly with our officiant having a lapel microphone and the reader with a mic stand.
    7. James' quote was fair, reasonable, and competitive. We didn't have to put a deposit down for our wedding day, but rather sign an electronic contract for it to be considered "booked" - it made it very convenient!

Overall, we were very pleased with James and his DJ skills! Our friends and families were talking about the music throughout the night and in the weeks after the wedding! We're glad that James could be part of our special day and would welcome the opportunity to work with him again if the opportunity presented itself!

Sent on 02/06/2020

Kate Ponchak · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Wow! Book DJuJ now!

DJuJ was the best!! His website for planning and music selection was very user friendly and he helped keep the reception moving along. He was more than willing to help my father plan a special speech and kept everyone dancing all night long. His prices are extremely reasonable and he was a pleasure to work with! Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Adam

Adam Mergens · Getting married on 05/05/2021

Book him now before someone else does!

I had the pleasure of working with DJUJ for my wedding this past weekend and I can honestly say he is quite a talent. I can assure you won't receive a better DJ in the Chicagoland area that's as personable, committed and flat out fun than James. For those of you who don't know "UJ" stands for Uncle Jimmy, and after a night like I had, he sure felt like he was one of the family. Everyone I talked to that night said the music was flat out awesome! He played everything you coulda asked for and kept the place rocking from start to finish. Just stop what you're doing and book him now before someone else does!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Therese

Therese Jaramilla · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Best. Dj. Ever

James is the best! If you are looking for an affordable, great, and lively DJ, he is your guy! He played all the music that we had on our checklist, and even suggested songs during our meeting. He is very easy to work with!!

Thank you James for making our wedding day even more special!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Justin Marcinkowski · Married on 11/14/2020

Awesome DJ

Jimmy was recommended to us by a friend and he was just amazing as our DJ. He is very personable, organized, and very friendly! He even found songs from tv shows that we needed for our wedding. For example, our last song was 5000 Candles in the Wind which Chris Pratt sang in the show Parks and Rec and although there was versions of it on I tunes, Chris Pratt’s version wasn’t. Jimmy somehow found it and was able to play it for us to end our amazing day and we absolutely loved it!

Jimmy also knows how to play to the audience. The dance floor was never empty and I mean never until the end of the night. He played songs everyone loved and played every song we wanted to hear. When he says he knows how to play to the audience, please believe him.

We also loved his website organization forms. We were able to organize all of our songs and plan our whole event right on his website. It was perfect. Thank you Jimmy for everything! I will be recommending you to people looking for a DJ.

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany DeBruin · Married on 10/31/2020

Great!!!!!

James was very responsive to us and answered all of our questions. He had a great website to select music and was always communicating with us throughout the whole process.

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Patti

Patti Shannon · Married on 10/17/2020

Book Jimmy ASAP!!

Jimmy was amazing from start to finish. He is such a kind person and genuinely enthusiastic about what he does. He was always quick to respond and his planning forms were easy to navigate. Due to COVID, we had to change our wedding plans completely and switch to a backyard wedding at a property we’d never seen with a smaller guest count. Jimmy set up all his equipment without ever seeing the property and took care of everything from the ceremony through the reception. We planned this wedding within a few months and I gave Jimmy very little guidance on our music choices. I had been to a wedding with him as the DJ before and knew he’d be able to take the lead and read the crowd, which he did. Even though we had a smaller guest count it still felt like a party thanks to his music choices and overall enthusiasm. I'd recommend Jimmy without any hesitation and our day would have been a lot more stressful if we didn’t have him as our DJ.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Benjamin

Benjamin Shank · Married on 10/02/2020

Incredible dj (and person)!

James (DJUj) was absolutely wonderful to work with. His online portal made the planning process super easy. He was accommodating in making sure that we had music and a microphone for the ceremony. And he had everyone dancing at the reception. He was so lively with a great personality and very easy to talk to. He checked in on us often and made sure that my wife and I were getting everything that we wanted. He was so flexible with the whole day, it was nice to not have to worry about things. I HIGHLY recommend him for any event that you might have, but especially a wedding. You won't be dissapointed!!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Jenn Reed · Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing!!!

DJ Uj has not even DJ'ed our wedding yet, but I felt the need to write a review because of how the process of postponing our wedding has been made easy by him. He has been so kind and understanding during our re-planning process, which is pretty unusual! We cannot WAIT to have him at our wedding next fall!

Sent on 07/31/2020
  • Gabriella

Gabriella Scialabba · Married on 09/05/2020

Highly Recommend!

We had a mini ceremony and party this year for our wedding and wanted Jimmy to be there for ceremony music and also some fun background music during the party after while we played games and drank. Jimmy was so great! The ceremony music was perfect down to the exact versions of the songs we asked him for. The music after the ceremony was perfect too! Even without a dance floor at our party this year, everyone was dancing and having a great time. So many guests came up to us to tell us how great Jimmy is! The planning tools are so easy to use and Jimmy is very responsive to any questions. We are so excited to have Jimmy be the DJ at our full wedding reception next year too!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin Delong · Married on 08/28/2020

Djuj was amazing!

James was literally AMAZING!!
    My husband and I were honestly not too picky about what would be played during our wedding since we listen to all kinds of music, so we let James do his thing and we couldn’t have been happier!!
    I would recommend him to anyone and everyone I know needing a dj!
    Planning a wedding is hard enough, but it’s even harder during a pandemic- James made everything so easy and effortless!!
    I could go on and on about how great he was, but if you’re thinking of using him, do it! You won’t regret it I promise!!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Amy Yassinger · Married on 08/10/2020

Great sense of humor, great heart, AWESOME DJ!

I absolutely can't say how EASY it is to work with James! He is such a great DJ! Not only is he up to date on songs, but he is so flexible and adaptable to all situations and can work with EVERYONE! I have worked with a LOT of DJs and can honestly say he is at the top! You should definitely book with him if he's available because he books up FAST!

Sent on 10/26/2020

brandin estes · Married on 06/08/2020

There is no other wedding DJ better

James is the perfect wedding DJ. I swear I'm tempted to hire him just to DJ our house warming party coming up, he's that fun.
    He's very personable, professional, and thoughtful. He really cares about the experience we get and about our wedding.
    The one thing that stood out most to me was this:
    As the groom I was giving my dinner speech. I mentioned to one of my groomsman a time in which he was playing a random tune on his guitar and I just started singing a song I felt fit the tune. It was a great moment and I told my groomsman I'll never forget it. As soon as I finished my speech James played the song. The one I had mentioned in my speech. I hadn't thought to tell him about it. I hadn't thought to ask. But he was listening and did the exact right thing in that moment because he cares.
    That, I'll never forget.
    So yeah, hire him. You won't find anyone else more willing to do anything to make your special day perfect.

Sent on 12/21/2019

Jennifer Placek · Married on 06/05/2020

You can't go wrong with DJUj

Jimmy (DJUj) was a great DJ and I’m super happy we booked him for our wedding. I highly doubt you’ll find a better DJ for the price, he is an absolute steal. He lists the prices for his services on his website which in the wedding planning world is unheard of and in my opinion is so helpful. You should run, not walk, and book him right now. He is super easy to get in touch with and is very responsive to emails. You will often get a reply from him in a few hours at the most, often times he responds in minutes. We booked him to DJ our wedding as well as providing up lighting for the reception space. It looked amazing and really helped to transform the space. He is a wonderful MC as well and did a great job making announcements and letting people know what was going on. The sound during the ceremony and reception was great and we never had any issues. Like pretty much all of Jimmy’s reviews say he is a master at keeping people on the dancefloor. At any point during the reception our dancefloor was never anywhere close to being empty. At a few points during the reception he also made a point to check in with us and make sure things were going alright. He was also very accommodating when my husband and I asked him if he could play certain songs soon, he moved them up to the very next songs to be played. He really goes out of his way to make sure his couple is happy. I would highly recommend booking him for your wedding! Thanks Jimmy!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2020

Going well!!

We are so happy we booked with DJUJ. His responsiveness has been very appreciated. We are looking forward to planning with him!!! I have seen his videos and heard nothing but great things about him. I’m so glad we found him.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Sarah Hillebrand · Married on 04/11/2020

Great experience! Highly recommend!

I hired James as a DJ and Emcee for my wedding after meeting him at a friend's wedding earlier this year. I had an excellent experience and I would *highly* recommend him to anyone who's looking for a DJ! He was very professional, friendly, and extremely easy to work with... I was so busy with other wedding details that it was a huge relief to tell him what I was looking for and then sit back and not worry about it (and when I did reach out to him he replied promptly and addressed all of my questions in detail).
    And he did an amazing job! He kept the dance floor full the entire night (which surprised me because I thought my friends/family were not really the dancing type). He was able to keep the reception running smoothly despite a few hiccups with the food, and he played exactly the kind of music my husband and I love.
    Overall I was so happy with my experience, and hiring DJUj was one of the best decisions of my entire wedding-planning process.

Sent on 11/27/2019

Deanna Palmer · Married on 03/11/2020

Professional AND Fun!

Best DJ we could have ever asked for! Between ceremony and reception, James made sure our needs were being met!

Sent on 02/21/2020
  • Amber

Amber Lynch · Married on 01/10/2020

I cant speak highly enough of DJUJ!

I can’t speak highly enough of our experience with DJUJ!! James was the DJ for our wedding and he killed it! Our wedding party was taking pictures outside and our photographer needed to be in the street for a few shots and James came out and helped our photographer direct traffic. He just noticed that they could use some extra hands and came to help! We can genuinely say he went above and beyond! In the chaos of wedding planning he made things as easy and worry free as possible! You'll be thankful to work with someone as helpful and professional as James for whatever event you're planning!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Peter

Peter Strickland · Married on 01/02/2020

Great, professional DJ

The dance floor was full the entire night. James kept the music going and everyone happy and having fun the whole time. When we didn't like something he changed it and allowed us to do exactly what we wanted with the music. We didn't want the lights, so James turned them off. He allowed one of our friends to emcee, and worked with us for live dancers. It was awesome and he was so easy to work with. Highly, highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 04/16/2020

Marianna · Married on 12/31/2019

Best DJ ever!!

We hired James to DJ our wedding on New Years Eve. He was nothing short of incredible! When setting everything up, he was extremely responsive and accommodating. He responded very quickly to emails, always knew the answers to questions and did a great job of preparing us for our big day. He has a great online tool for organizing what songs you want played/don't want played, which was easy to use and very helpful. He met with us in person to go over everything and took great notes and asked great questions. He was in contact before the wedding and really made us feel at ease about the music. On the day of the wedding he was prompt and on time. Our florist was supposed to set up some NYE party supplies, but never did. James stepped right up and helped us out with it, which was so incredibly nice. During dinner, he did an amazing job of prepping people for their speeches. He was great at controlling the mic and making sure everything went smoothly. We had two songs for our first dance and he transitioned them with ease. During the night he played all the right music. He knew how to get everyone on the dance floor, both the young and old. James really knows how to read the room and get the most people out on the dance floor. I can't express enough how amazing he was!!!! At the end of the night he still had people out on the dance floor chanting "one more song!" His set up is also really cool and visually appealing, definitely one of the best DJ booths we've ever seen. He also did up-lighting for us which looked beautiful. He was so accommodating, polite and overall a really great DJ. If you want an amazing wedding where people are dancing all night then definitely hire James!!!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Anthony

Anthony Bacidore · Married on 12/10/2019

Your search starts and stops with DJUJ! Hire him now!

I came across James at a wedding approximately 1 year before mine and was instantly sold on his talents. James was so easy to work with in the planning process and he would respond to emails in the most timely manner. The uplighting that he provides is an amazing touch and he lets the bride/groom pick the color. James was able to keep nearly the entire reception on the dance floor for 3.5+ hours! Even the grandparents that usually sit at weddings were busting moves! My wife and I only hand a handful of songs requested and we let James do the rest, and we are so glad we did. He mixes the perfect amount of music from oldies to hits of today and it works seamlessly. James is a top notch professional, he's courteous, kind, and he's a U.S. Veteran, so there's little to dislike about the man. I will 100% be referring James to all my friends and family from here on out. Thanks a million James.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Grace · Married on 10/19/2019

Best DJ ever!

I’ve been to two weddings with James as the DJ and wanted him to DJ my own wedding 10.19.19. I literally booked a wedding date based on his availability. He is amazing! Reasonable, responsive, personable and overall amazing. I can’t say enough great words about DJUJ!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2019

Excellent - deserves 10 stars for value

To echo the universal consensus among these reviews: James was fantastic. Could not have been easier to work with, took our suggestions/preferences seriously, advised us whenever we needed it, and kept the place BUMPING. It's amazing that there are more expensive DJs out there, because I can't imagine what else you could ask for in a DJ. Two weeks later and we've already had a guest from our wedding ask for James's contact info for her niece's wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Mary · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful DJ

Jimmy was wonderful to work with for our wedding. He was organized, professional, and friendly during planning. He kept the dance floor moving all night! Not only did he respect our do not play/must play list but he also did a great job of reading the dance floor and managing requests from our guests. Since our wedding we have received multiple compliments about the music at our wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2019