116 Reviews for DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment

Do-Not-Play List (15)
Disco Ball (8)
Liability Insurance (6)
116 DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment Reviews

I used him for my wedding in February and he is wonderful to work with. We live in Wisconsin, family is in Illinois and was able to work with my mom as well as myself being so far away. All the way up to the wedding I was able to make a correction. All my guest loved him and how professional he is. The price is great too if you are on a budget for the wedding.

Profile Picture Kristi, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I had James as our wedding DJ in April. We had a meeting before our wedding where he asked us what we were looking for. He also had a great website where we wrote what we wanted. When the day of the wedding came, he gave us EXACTLY what we were looking for! Our guest were impressed and we were impressed. We would highly recommend using James as your DJ for any event.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Having a great DJ is essential to having a fun wedding. Hiring James was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding because he made sure to keep people on the dance floor till the very last song of the night. James was fun and professional throughout our wedding. We choose to use the up-lighting option that he offered and it looked beautiful in our venue. I would recommend James to everyone and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Honestly, James is the best DJ we could've asked for on our wedding day! He is extremely nice, accommodating, fun, and will make your special day the best it can be. He went above and beyond for us and he exceeded our expectations. There was not one minute where people weren't on the the dance floor. I highly recommend him for any occasion.

Profile Picture Alice, 2/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was amazing. I have 2 other friends who used him for their wedding before I did. His price is unbeatable and service exceeds expectations. He is quick to respond to emails and texts/calls during the planning process. Not one of those huge vendors where you get a secretary or they don't respond for a few days--you speak right to James everytime. Also, my hall was dark and he went ahead and tossed in uplighting free because he didn't like the way the hall looked. Reliable and affordable ! Thanks again dj jimmy!!

Profile Picture Angela, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used DJUJ as our Dj For our new years eve wedding. He was a success!!! All we asked is to keep the dance floor packed..and he did. He knows music very well and has such a variety. He had every song our guests requested! He was so easy to work with, he followed up with us prior to the wedding and checked in during the wedding. Every one talked about him and how nice he was. We asked for gold up lighting and he brought more than expected and lite the venue up. Just perfect for our new years eve Wedding!
I would highly recommend djuj for your wedding!

Profile Picture Karen, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJUj was our wedding DJ. He was incredible. It was a non-stop party from beginning to to end. He was organized and able to play anything we wanted. I would recommend him for any and every occasion! GREAT JOB JIMMY!!!

Profile Picture Marco, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I hired DJUJ for our wedding this weekend. He was amazing! Very easy to work with, professional, and very outgoing. He kept thanking us all night long for choosing him, and we couldn't thank him enough for the wonderful job he did. Our wedding was a Mexican/Polish wedding, and he blended the music well, he exceeded our expectations. I'm happy to have agreed to my husband's choice of DJ, someone recommended James to my husband, and I am very grateful for that. I would recommend DJUJ to anyone, and look forward to using him again in the near future whenever an opportunity arrises. He is an awesome entertainer as well. He knows how to work his magic to keep kids busy too, with activities and music. He is reasonable with pricing, very well organized. He has a long list of variety of music, and if he doesn't have the song, he will get it for you. He even mashed 2 songs for me together (english version with spanish version),for me to dance with my daddy. THANK YOU DJUJ for a wonderful night to remember!!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Absolutely LOVED James! He was great about mixing a number of styles to keep peoplemon the dance floor. At one point here was an inflatable guitar and as the bride I was all over that!

We found James because my husband’s cousin used his services at their wedding and we really liked him then too!

He played a couple Polkas as well, which made my in-laws very happy! I would highly recommend him!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

James (DJUj) was amazing. My wife could not have been happier, and by making her happy he made my night a whole lot easier. Aside from being very professional and reasonable with his price, James is a great guy and I would/will recommend him to anyone in the future!! Book him early because his schedule fills up quick!!

Profile Picture Ryan, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was AMAZING! He was so great to work with and was able to accommodate all of the requests we made. He was so personable and friendly. We want him to be a part of our family now :p We really enjoyed the way he was able to play songs that were mentioned in speeches as well as doing fun intros for each of the speech givers. He also played a variety of music, including video game and movie theme songs, which we enjoyed. He was family friendly and brought hula hoops and played songs for the kids to dance to as well. We would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Profile Picture Abby, 10/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

James was an exceptional DJ! He kept our guests dancing the night away and made it easy to make requests for special music. He was prompt and had excellent equipment. He was very professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. I would hire him for ANY event that I host in the future. Thank you for making our day special! Michelle D.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was awesome! He was very helpful during the whole process leading up to the wedding day. He did our ceremony and reception. He was amazing and kept the dance floor filled all night. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was our wedding reception DJ and he was absolutely incredible. He was pleasant to work with from day one, always responding to all emails/calls right away and answering all of my questions. Pricing is extremely reasonable! Choosing music and the timeline for the reception was a breeze and all done online. He is very organized and the night went exactly as planned with no hiccups, and the uplights were beautiful!
The guests at our wedding went on and on about how great he was, especially with all of the kids! He got them all up and dancing towards the end of dinner/cake so the adults could enjoy their meals and they all had a blast.
He really knows how to get a crowd up and dancing, even people who usually aren't comfortable on the dance floor. There was never a dull moment at our wedding and several guests commented on how they have never had so much fun at a wedding reception, and I believe that James had a big part in those compliments. I have nothing but amazing things to say about him. I will forever look back on my special day and remember how much fun I had, thank you so much for helping to make it so memorable, James!

Profile Picture Jessie, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When we were researching possible DJs to meet with for our wedding we received a referral for James from a family member, and asked a friend for his DJ's information from his wedding (Since we really enjoyed his DJ). When we found out both DJs were the same person, we knew we had the right guy! James was great through the whole process. He made everything effortless, and kept everything moving from the ceremony to the reception. He really watches the guests during dancing to gauge what is the best music style to keep everyone out on the dance floor. We would highly recommend James to anyone looking for a fun, professional DJ for any event!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

James is an absolutely incredible DJ! He performed at our wedding last August and we really couldn't have hoped for a better DJ. He not only kept people on the dance floor the entire night, he managed to do it with exactly the types of music my wife and I love. He was also a very flexible and charismatic MC, and introduced each part wonderfully with a lot of his own little touches.

My wife and I have been to several weddings since ours, and we've gotten the chance to see just how incredible James is when compared to other DJs. From the ceremony to the reception, he completely exceeded our expectations and really helped to make our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Brent, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were actually referred to Jimmy by friends of ours that had gotten married before us and used him. And can I say I am super glad that we found him! He was so helpful throughout the whole process, very attentive and quick to respond to emails too. Setting everything up online can be alittle sonfused and I am glad he was there to help. I had a couple songs that he did not have in his library of songs and he made sure to get the songs I wanted for me!! The night of the event, he came looking professional, had everything set-up and ready to go, and kept the party alive! We had gotten together with him the week before to go over the timeline of the evening and he made sure to follow that to the best of his ability all night long! Overall we are very happy with Jimmy and his services and if we ever need a DJ again we will be contacting him!

Profile Picture Beth, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

James, DJuJ, recently DJ’d our late July wedding. A week later we are still hearing from our guests how amazing the music was and we couldn’t agree more. James was so easy to work with, from booking to finalizing the details of the day, he was able to take care of it all. He keeps the paperwork easy by using a website to keep track of your music selections, introductions, etc. This helped give me peace of mind that all the important details would be included! From there, he made sure to keep the night running, on schedule, all while engaging with our wedding party to make it the best night of our lives. We met with James the week before our wedding to finalize details and discuss the” feel” we wanted and he nailed it. Our dance floor was packed all night thanks to his amazing work. He could easily charge double what he does for the service he provides!

Profile Picture Christie, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I hired DJ James as my DJ after experiencing his work at two other weddings. I loved his variety of music and how easy it was to request songs. After hiring him, I was impressed by his organization and quick communication. When I met with him, he listened to my requests and offered his own expertise. On the day of my wedding, he was at the venue early setting up and even gave me a quick update. His online system is convenient and user friendly as well. Overall, I truly enjoyed working with him and appreciated his services immensely! Loved having him apart of our day!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was the DJ for our wedding on 7-15-17. From the first conversation we had and leading up to the wedding, James was very responsive. He was enthusiastic, professional, and accommodating. He has many years of experience, yet is very affordable. James is also very military friendly. James makes the planning process super easy by allowing his clients to use his online database. I was able to generate a song list for him to use at our wedding. The dancefloor was packed the whole time! He stayed true to our vision and what we wanted played. James also catered to the crowd and emceed the perfect amount. Some DJ's talk too much or make the party about themselves. Not the case with James! It was all about our day and our guests having fun! We had up lighting and a personalized monogram that truly set the mood. I would recommend DJUJ to anyone that wants a professional,fun, and affordable experience!!! He brought the party to life!

Profile Picture Tricia, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We attended a wedding last summer with DJUj. We thought he did a great job, and the bride highly recommended him to us when we were looking for a DJ for our own wedding. His website was very detailed and easy to use. We met with him the week before the wedding. It was the most efficient meeting we had been to in the whole planning process! He brought great tips and advice that really helped the wedding day go smoothly. He got to the wedding ceremony early to set up, and everything was exactly as planned. He DJ’d the reception, and he did an awesome job taking requests and keeping things moving without any awkward transitions. He did an awesome job of keeping the day on schedule!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

James was a recommendation and he was everything I wanted in a DJ for my wedding! He was always on top of responding to all my emails of questions or concerns! When planning a wedding it can be stressful and difficult but James is a professional, has great ideas and advice for your night to run smoothly and it did! James is a all around good guy for dealing with all the different music that is out there and being able to read your guests and what style of music will get them up and dancing! Also his DJ set up looked great at my venue! :D I am so lucky I was introduced to James, the music sets the tone of your big day!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

James was amazing! I am so pleased we chose to use him as our wedding DJ.

James and I corresponded through email. He was always quick to respond and answered all my questions thoroughly. He offers a military discount, a very nice gesture to fellow veterans. (Both my husband and I are veterans so it helped!). Even without it James has very fair rates!

James uses an "online planning form" where you can select songs and organize them based on "must play" "maybe play" and "don't play". Truly allows you to customize your experience. It also keeps everything organized.

The day of James was on time, friendly, and incredibly professional. He was able to balance both my "want list" as well as my guests requests. James as attentive and changed the music as needed to keep people on the dance floor!

I can't say enough, he made the whole process simple and fun! Go with DJUJ for your event!

Profile Picture Alyson, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJUj is the BOMB! BOOK HIM NOW! I stood up with my best friend as her maid of honor for her April 2017 wedding, and DJUj could not have done a better job. His 20 years of experience is obvious, as he does everything with ease: from accompanying the ceremony with music, to helping the speeches flow smoothly, to getting the whole crowd involved in the dance party.
When my friend got engaged, I knew recommending DJUj to her would help ease her stress, trusting that he would do the best he could to make the night perfect for her and her guests. He surely did not disappoint. Thank you, DJUj!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DjUj was the absolute best! From our initial phone call, James was so enthusiastic and very easy to talk to! He helped us come up with a vision for our night that fit our style and our personalities. When we met up with James to finalize our plans, he was so professional and had everything ready to go. James really made the night of our wedding go so smoothly! On top of bringing every single one of our guests to the dance floor, he also helped with the flow and coordination of it all. His DJ skills are phenomenal and everyone had such a great time! There was a moment of the night where he had everyone circling us and it was a moment we will never forget! I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting