DJ T-Rex

Auburndale, MA View map

$3,000 Most Popular Price

Music has been & always will be my biggest passion. I love everything about it, how a song makes you feel, or take you back to a certain place in time. I used to play in bands while growing up and see as much live music as I possibly can. From DJing in college on the school’s radio station I knew this was something I wanted to pursue more & more. Los Angeles, 2007 is where DJ T-Rex really formed. I took over a resident Sunday “80s night” from a friend at the Beauty Bar in Hollywood. From here I was asked to start doing parties & events. I was at the Beauty Bar and various other bars in Los Angeles until the fall of 2009 when I returned to Boston. After testing the waters at a few places in the city, I landed a resident Friday night “90s night” at 6B Lounge which started in the fall of 2010. For me, playing the music I grew up with 80s/90s is a real nostalgic treat. At this point I’ve since DJ’d several places across the country from NYC, Florida, California, & Chicago.

Weddings started in Los Angeles of 2009 when asked to DJ for some friends. Working weddings has become one of my favorite DJ experiences, sharing music from all genres and eras. I am a wedding DJ but not a typical “cheesy wedding DJ”. I put lots of time and take full pride into creating a custom playlist for each couple upon consultations and meetings months prior to the big day. I have couples provide mandatory must play along with must not play lists, to provide them them above and beyond the best music possible.

As of now I am doing 6B Lounge every Friday night for "90s Night". I am available for private parties, events, and of course weddings. Hope to work with you soon!

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1700.00

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3000

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

What music genres do you specialize in?

Electronic
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

Uplighting

Chris T. Married on 08/01/2021

This man gets it

DJ T-Rex has a profound sense of good music and what song to play at the right time. He is a savant at finding music that adds both fun and levity to every moment of the wedding. He cares deeply about his craft and is a true professional. Could not recommend highly enough. Down-to-earth as well, he likes to talk music. Even though my wife and I have very different music tastes, he was able to seamlessly create a playlist that reflected both of our tastes.
    Michael C. Married on 07/24/2021

Best Wedding DJ Ever!!

I’ve known Thomas aka DJ T-Rex for about 5 years and have seen him DJ at different bars countless times so when he agreed to DJ our wedding I knew he was going to be good, but what I didn’t know was that he would surpass all of my expectations. All it takes is that first call with Thomas to know that you made the right decision about choosing him for your wedding DJ. He was extremely professional and made it very clear that his job was to not only to take your vision for your wedding music and put it into action, but to help in any way that he could, which he did. On our wedding day we had some last minute changes to our wedding party introductions and some timing issues we asked him to work around and with a smile on his face he turned to us and said “don’t worry I got this” and he did. I can’t begin to tell you how easy it was to work with Thomas and how receptive he was to our ideas and the music we wanted played. If you have any question about his dedication to his craft and to ensuring that your day goes perfect just know that he had never been to our wedding venue before so he got there a few hours earlier than he normally would to familiarize himself with the venue, to setup and check his equipment and to speak with our wedding coordinator and other vendors to make sure that everything was going according to schedule. So you might be thinking to yourself, ok I get it he’s really easy to work with, he’s very professional and he makes it his mission to take your vision and put it into action, but can he rock a wedding? Let me put it like this, I’ve never had more people come up to me and say we’ve never seen so many people dance at a wedding before.That’s a testament to DJ T-Rex’s ability to not only play great music but to understand the vibe of the wedding. To know what songs keep people dancing and to continue to play those types of songs. If you’re not convinced that DJ T-Rex will rock your wedding, I’ll leave you with this: at our wedding we had a hard stop at 10:30. DJ T-Rex wrapped up exactly at 10:30 as a “one more song” chant echoed throughout the dance floor. After getting permission from our venue for one more song the dance floor remained packed until the cops showed up to shut us down. DJ T-Rex rocked so hard that the cops had to shut down our wedding.

Now I’m sure you’re going to continue to read the other reviews below mine, but let me save you some time because they’re all going to say pretty much the same thing about Thomas: professional, easy to deal with and the wedding wouldn’t have rocked as much without him. Do yourself a favor, instead of continuing to read reviews and look at other wedding DJ’s; contact DJ T-Rex right now and see if he’s available on your wedding date. I can promise you that after speaking with him you’ll know that he’s the right DJ for your special day.
  • Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 07/16/2021

For a true music fan, look no further...

We were introduced to DJ T Rex by our fabulous wedding planner who thought he would be a good fit for us. Our initial meeting was at a brewery (which was a huge win for me as a self-proclaimed beer snob), the meeting went great! We talked about the types of music we like and what we were hoping to hear played at the wedding. My husband and I felt like we clicked and would love to have him as our DJ. Then COVID happened, we postponed and were able to keep DJ T Rex on as our DJ. We continued to stay in touch during the re-planning and we arranged a video chat when we got stumped and needed some help with some of the ceremony and reception songs. Due to local ordinances, the DJ was required to use the venue’s own sound equipment, but DJ T-Rex was up for the challenge. Tom arranged a visit to our new venue so he could figure out what he would need to bring and what setup the venue was providing.

At the wedding, Tom arrived early and had everything set up for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which involved having equipment in multiple locations. He was able to play all the songs during our ceremony that we requested and had an awesome list of music for our cocktail hour. We got so many compliments (I even had a friend who has a wedding coming up ask to steal our playlist). His energy and professionalism made him a great MC to piece together all of the different parts of our wedding and keep our guests engaged and having fun. Our reception was great, I only wish it was longer because there were so many good songs and I didn’t want it to end.

Auburndale, MA, 02466
Location of (DJ T-Rex)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding