Auburndale, MA 02466 Map · Phone number

About DJ T-Rex

Music has been & always will be my biggest passion. I love everything about it, how a song makes you feel, or take you back to a certain place in time. I used to play in bands while growing up and see as much live music as I possibly can. From DJing in college on the school’s radio station I knew this was something I wanted to pursue more & more. Los Angeles, 2007 is where DJ T-Rex really formed. I took over a resident Sunday “80s night” from a friend at the Beauty Bar in Hollywood. From here I was asked to start doing parties & events. I was at the Beauty Bar and various other bars in Los Angeles until the fall of 2009 when I returned to Boston. After testing the waters at a few places in the city, I landed a resident Friday night “90s night” at 6B Lounge which started in the fall of 2010. For me, playing the music I grew up with 80s/90s is a real nostalgic treat. At this point I’ve since DJ’d several places across the country from NYC, Florida, California, & Chicago.

Weddings started in Los Angeles of 2009 when asked to DJ for some friends. Working weddings has become one of my favorite DJ experiences, sharing music from all genres and eras. I am a wedding DJ but not a typical “cheesy wedding DJ”. I put lots of time and take full pride into creating a custom playlist for each couple upon consultations and meetings months prior to the big day. I have couples provide mandatory must play along with must not play lists, to provide them them above and beyond the best music possible.

As of now I am doing 6B Lounge every Friday night for "90s Night". I am available for private parties, events, and of course weddings. Hope to work with you soon!

• A Beat Away Entertainment

18 Reviews for DJ T-Rex

• Michelle

Michelle Ackerman · Married on 11/16/2019

I'm overly opinionated on music and LOVED working with DJ T-Rex

With maybe the exception of getting to taste a lot of cake, working with DJ T-Rex was hands down the easiest and best part of wedding planning. He did an absolutely flawless job. I should back up and say that music means everything to me, so I was super nervous about hiring a DJ. I have a million weird opinions about music (I've worked in music for nearly a decade and my husband is a musician, most of our friends either work in music, play music of both). So it meant a lot to me to work with a DJ who wasn't going to mindlessly put on a bunch of cheesy or generic music. Tom cares about music just as much as I do, if not more. He knows music, like, he really knows it, he knows what people like, he knows weddings, he's dependable / reliable, he's detail oriented, and he took virtually all of the work and stress out of the process. But beyond that, he's a good human being and I just truly enjoyed working with him. If you're anything like me and find planning a wedding to be mostly a garbage pile of expensive decisions, boring details and desperately trying to please various family, it's even more important to feel at ease with all of your vendors. Tom had everyone dancing all night and even my most opinionated music friends thought he was incredible. I loved every song. I can't (and won't) thank him or recommend enough.

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Ramune

Ramune Bartuskaite · Married on 10/05/2019

So thankful to have found DJ T-Rex for our wedding!

We stumbled upon DJ T-Rex's website in our quest to find a DJ experienced with foreign music since the bride and her side of the family were Lithuanian.  From our first chat with Thomas, we knew we found a great fit! Thomas took the time to get to know us and checked in throughout our wedding planning months to make sure we were doing alright. He was so helpful and on top of things and we were so grateful for the peace of mind that he brought us during the wedding planning process.  Not only was he able to seamlessly blend in Lithuanian songs into the evening, he was just as excited and committed as we were to making our night super special. He took the extra time to coordinate our live music with a family member who was playing guitar during the ceremony and worked with us to help create a special traditional Lithuanian entrance which involved a folk dance to introduce the bride and groom.  At the reception, all of our guests were lined up around the dance floor ready to dance their hearts out and stayed on the dance floor the entire time!  Months later, we still get comments how amazing our DJ was and how much fun everyone had at the wedding.  Thanks DJ T-Rex for helping make our special day so memorable!

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Eric

Eric Chow · Married on 09/29/2019

Highly recommended

If you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding, look no further. DJ T-Rex, a.k.a. Thomas, is your man. He is friendly, fun, easy to work with, professional, well-prepared, organized, punctual, and knowledgeable. He was very attentive and helpful during our wedding planning. He always promptly replied to emails and met with us several times to go over the flow of the night. We relied heavily on his experience and boy did it pay off. And that’s before we get to the music part. He worked with us on lesser known classical and obscure foreign pieces for our ceremony, came up with an amazing set for our cocktail reception that mixed jazzy Sinatra-era songs with soulful R&B, and made it almost impossible for anyone to say no to the dance floor later in the night. Even our relatives in their 60s and 70s couldn’t resist. It was a sight to behold. He was also the perfect MC for the evening. He made announcements to herd our guests to the right places at the right times. He flawlessly hosted games during dinner. He even did a voice over on our grand entrance Beyoncé track to help us personalize it. His attention to detail and his ability to read the room are nothing short of impressive. Did we mention he was dressed perfectly in a three-piece suit for the occasion as well? We simply could not recommend him enough. 10/10 would work with again.

Sent on 01/24/2020

DJ T-Rex FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1700.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3000
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Electronic
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Uplighting