DJ T-Rex Reviews

DJ T-Rex View more information

Chris T. Married on 08/01/2021

This man gets it

DJ T-Rex has a profound sense of good music and what song to play at the right time. He is a savant at finding music that adds both fun and levity to every moment of the wedding. He cares deeply about his craft and is a true professional. Could not recommend highly enough. Down-to-earth as well, he likes to talk music. Even though my wife and I have very different music tastes, he was able to seamlessly create a playlist that reflected both of our tastes.
    Michael C. Married on 07/24/2021

Best Wedding DJ Ever!!

I’ve known Thomas aka DJ T-Rex for about 5 years and have seen him DJ at different bars countless times so when he agreed to DJ our wedding I knew he was going to be good, but what I didn’t know was that he would surpass all of my expectations. All it takes is that first call with Thomas to know that you made the right decision about choosing him for your wedding DJ. He was extremely professional and made it very clear that his job was to not only to take your vision for your wedding music and put it into action, but to help in any way that he could, which he did. On our wedding day we had some last minute changes to our wedding party introductions and some timing issues we asked him to work around and with a smile on his face he turned to us and said “don’t worry I got this” and he did. I can’t begin to tell you how easy it was to work with Thomas and how receptive he was to our ideas and the music we wanted played. If you have any question about his dedication to his craft and to ensuring that your day goes perfect just know that he had never been to our wedding venue before so he got there a few hours earlier than he normally would to familiarize himself with the venue, to setup and check his equipment and to speak with our wedding coordinator and other vendors to make sure that everything was going according to schedule. So you might be thinking to yourself, ok I get it he’s really easy to work with, he’s very professional and he makes it his mission to take your vision and put it into action, but can he rock a wedding? Let me put it like this, I’ve never had more people come up to me and say we’ve never seen so many people dance at a wedding before.That’s a testament to DJ T-Rex’s ability to not only play great music but to understand the vibe of the wedding. To know what songs keep people dancing and to continue to play those types of songs. If you’re not convinced that DJ T-Rex will rock your wedding, I’ll leave you with this: at our wedding we had a hard stop at 10:30. DJ T-Rex wrapped up exactly at 10:30 as a “one more song” chant echoed throughout the dance floor. After getting permission from our venue for one more song the dance floor remained packed until the cops showed up to shut us down. DJ T-Rex rocked so hard that the cops had to shut down our wedding.

Now I’m sure you’re going to continue to read the other reviews below mine, but let me save you some time because they’re all going to say pretty much the same thing about Thomas: professional, easy to deal with and the wedding wouldn’t have rocked as much without him. Do yourself a favor, instead of continuing to read reviews and look at other wedding DJ’s; contact DJ T-Rex right now and see if he’s available on your wedding date. I can promise you that after speaking with him you’ll know that he’s the right DJ for your special day.
  • Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 07/16/2021

For a true music fan, look no further...

We were introduced to DJ T Rex by our fabulous wedding planner who thought he would be a good fit for us. Our initial meeting was at a brewery (which was a huge win for me as a self-proclaimed beer snob), the meeting went great! We talked about the types of music we like and what we were hoping to hear played at the wedding. My husband and I felt like we clicked and would love to have him as our DJ. Then COVID happened, we postponed and were able to keep DJ T Rex on as our DJ. We continued to stay in touch during the re-planning and we arranged a video chat when we got stumped and needed some help with some of the ceremony and reception songs. Due to local ordinances, the DJ was required to use the venue’s own sound equipment, but DJ T-Rex was up for the challenge. Tom arranged a visit to our new venue so he could figure out what he would need to bring and what setup the venue was providing.

At the wedding, Tom arrived early and had everything set up for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which involved having equipment in multiple locations. He was able to play all the songs during our ceremony that we requested and had an awesome list of music for our cocktail hour. We got so many compliments (I even had a friend who has a wedding coming up ask to steal our playlist). His energy and professionalism made him a great MC to piece together all of the different parts of our wedding and keep our guests engaged and having fun. Our reception was great, I only wish it was longer because there were so many good songs and I didn’t want it to end.
    Melanie G. Married on 09/19/2020

Best wedding dj

We hired DJ T.Rex through recommendation of another vendor, and it was one of our best decisions! Thomas was so easy to talk, and work with from the beginning. He is so personal, and really wants to get to know you as a couple. We had to postpone our 2020 wedding to 2021, and he could not have been more accommodating or helpful. We had several meetings with him over the course of two years, and he totally got our vision and vibe for our wedding. Our guests raved about the music choices at our wedding! He kept the energy up for the dance floor, and made all the transitions seamless. He truly works on making the wedding music personal to you and your partner, and not just generic wedding music. If you are looking for a DJ I cannot recommend DJ T.Rex enough for a personalized wedding.
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Married on 12/07/2019

We love Tom!

My husband and I were super nervous about DJ selection - they have so much power to make or break the wedding, and it's not like you can crash others' weddings and audition them! (or I mean you could, but). We were completely confident within minutes of meeting Tom for the first time. He had our backs the entire way and threw an absolutely incredible party. He's so on the ball and so easy to talk to, and brings a ton of experience to the table, so he was able to help us manage some of our nitpicky wedding anxieties beyond music and hosting.

We met with Tom twice prior to our wedding; once to chat more generally about ourselves and our vision for the day, and once closer to the day for more specific planning. He was also super responsive to emails in between. He helped us blend in lots of silly requests seamlessly - we had a 2000s emo / classic rock vibe for our cocktail party, which went off super well with our entire Millenial-GenX-Boomer crowd; he helped us embarrass one of our cousins who was having a birthday; and he worked in a mosh pit so that my sister and I could surprise our dad with a mutual favorite band we love seeing in concert together. He was also an excellent sport with some difficult personalities (our family is extremely exuberant, if you will) as well as all the kids we had in attendance.

Tom had us set up well ahead of time and we really didn't have to think about anything on the day itself. We're still getting comments on "how great the DJ was and how sharp he looked!" It's so clear that Tom loves what he does, and we felt super spoiled throughout the process. We absolutely cannot recommend him enough.
  • Michelle
    Michelle A. Married on 11/16/2019

I'm overly opinionated on music and LOVED working with DJ T-Rex

With maybe the exception of getting to taste a lot of cake, working with DJ T-Rex was hands down the easiest and best part of wedding planning. He did an absolutely flawless job. I should back up and say that music means everything to me, so I was super nervous about hiring a DJ. I have a million weird opinions about music (I've worked in music for nearly a decade and my husband is a musician, most of our friends either work in music, play music of both). So it meant a lot to me to work with a DJ who wasn't going to mindlessly put on a bunch of cheesy or generic music. Tom cares about music just as much as I do, if not more. He knows music, like, he really knows it, he knows what people like, he knows weddings, he's dependable / reliable, he's detail oriented, and he took virtually all of the work and stress out of the process. But beyond that, he's a good human being and I just truly enjoyed working with him. If you're anything like me and find planning a wedding to be mostly a garbage pile of expensive decisions, boring details and desperately trying to please various family, it's even more important to feel at ease with all of your vendors. Tom had everyone dancing all night and even my most opinionated music friends thought he was incredible. I loved every song. I can't (and won't) thank him or recommend enough.
  • Tom
    Tom D. Married on 11/02/2019

10 out of 10. A multi generational dance party.

Thomas was amazing. We met with him a few times before our wedding to discuss the vibe we wanted, a rough playlist, must-plays, must-not-plays, and how to set up at the venue. When our wedding day arrived... we were nervous (duh!), but Thomas helped put us at ease. The audio for our outdoor ceremony was even better than we expected. We didn't partake in our cocktail hour (photo time!), but our guests raved about the old school jazzy vibe. During the reception, he hit our favorite tracks at the perfect time, surprised us with some unexpected gems, and kept the evening on schedule. We asked for a multi generational dance party, and Thomas delivered on his promise. He absolutely nailed it!
  • Ramune
    Ramune B. Married on 10/05/2019

So thankful to have found DJ T-Rex for our wedding!

We stumbled upon DJ T-Rex's website in our quest to find a DJ experienced with foreign music since the bride and her side of the family were Lithuanian.  From our first chat with Thomas, we knew we found a great fit! Thomas took the time to get to know us and checked in throughout our wedding planning months to make sure we were doing alright. He was so helpful and on top of things and we were so grateful for the peace of mind that he brought us during the wedding planning process.  Not only was he able to seamlessly blend in Lithuanian songs into the evening, he was just as excited and committed as we were to making our night super special. He took the extra time to coordinate our live music with a family member who was playing guitar during the ceremony and worked with us to help create a special traditional Lithuanian entrance which involved a folk dance to introduce the bride and groom.  At the reception, all of our guests were lined up around the dance floor ready to dance their hearts out and stayed on the dance floor the entire time!  Months later, we still get comments how amazing our DJ was and how much fun everyone had at the wedding.  Thanks DJ T-Rex for helping make our special day so memorable!
  • Eric
    Eric C. Married on 09/29/2019

Highly recommended

If you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding, look no further. DJ T-Rex, a.k.a. Thomas, is your man. He is friendly, fun, easy to work with, professional, well-prepared, organized, punctual, and knowledgeable. He was very attentive and helpful during our wedding planning. He always promptly replied to emails and met with us several times to go over the flow of the night. We relied heavily on his experience and boy did it pay off. And that’s before we get to the music part. He worked with us on lesser known classical and obscure foreign pieces for our ceremony, came up with an amazing set for our cocktail reception that mixed jazzy Sinatra-era songs with soulful R&B, and made it almost impossible for anyone to say no to the dance floor later in the night. Even our relatives in their 60s and 70s couldn’t resist. It was a sight to behold. He was also the perfect MC for the evening. He made announcements to herd our guests to the right places at the right times. He flawlessly hosted games during dinner. He even did a voice over on our grand entrance Beyoncé track to help us personalize it. His attention to detail and his ability to read the room are nothing short of impressive. Did we mention he was dressed perfectly in a three-piece suit for the occasion as well? We simply could not recommend him enough. 10/10 would work with again.
  • Joy
    Joy T. Married on 07/20/2019

We loved DJ T-Rex!!!

Our wedding was held on the hottest day of the summer (99 degrees!) yet somehow DJ T-Rex kept everyone dancing all night! Our original plan was to play music from an ipod at our restaurant venue but we are thrilled that we hired Tom. We had no idea how critical having a fantastic, organized DJ is to keep the night going- he was extremely helpful in helping us figure out how/when to do the toasts and first dances. We met twice before the wedding and felt immediately comfortable with his warm personality. His professionalism before and during the wedding reassured us that we made the right decision with DJ T-Rex. We had guests come up to us that night telling us how much they enjoyed the music! We absolutely recommend DJ T-Rex for anyone who wants a super, fun wedding!!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 04/06/2019

DJ T-Rex is the best!

After our wedding planner recommended DJ T-Rex, we checked out his website and knew he would be the perfect DJ for our wedding. He worked with us ahead of time to gauge our musical interests, likes and dislikes to create a killer mix of music for the reception, playing everything we (and our pesky family members) wanted him to play and adding in all the right songs at the right moments, combining music from decades apart into a seamless stream of hits that had everyone from ages 3 to 90 dancing all night. He asked all the right questions to figure out the right sound and feel for our wedding. He was also a consummate professional who can help put a major part of your wedding on autopilot, and every couple getting married knows that the fewer things you have to worry about, the better. Even now, months later, we get compliments on how fun our wedding was and how great our DJ was at getting everyone out of their seats and out on the dance floor. We highly recommend Tom for anyone looking for a killer DJ to set the tone for their big day!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/07/2018

Best wedding DJ Ever!

You can dance if you want to, and dance you WILL with DJ T-Rex! Tom is a fantastic guy who was super easy to work with! We met with him a few times before our wedding because he really wanted to get a feel for the vibe that my husband and I wanted on our day. It was obvious how seriously he took his role and how much he cared about doing his best for us. Tom did the music for our wedding ceremony and reception. He listened to all our requests and made sure everything went as smooth as possible. When it came to the party part of the reception, Tom made it so that no one wanted to leave the dance floor! So many of our guests raved about Tom and kept saying how much fun they had. We would recommend Tom to anyone for their special event or wedding. You will not be disappointed!
  • Kyrsti
    Kyrsti Married on 10/05/2018
    DJ T Rex is our favorite DJ. We met him at a night lounge in Boston several years ago and after many drunken song requests we asked him if he DJed weddings when we got engaged. He said absolutely and we could not have been any happier with him DJing the most important day of our life. He was on top of everything as far as music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception as well as announcing the family and wedding party and getting the mics set up for toasts. He really listens to the vibe of music you want and the songs on your play and do not play list. He had some great suggestions as well! He truly made our day and I cannot stress how much of a blast all our friends and family had dancing the night away. He reads the crowd so well in terms of the music to be played and all ages loved him. We got so many compliments how fun the party was. He is also the coolest most down to earth guy.
    Meghan D. Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely amazing!

There is no need to look any further for your wedding entertainment needs than Dj T-Rex! Tom is the ABSOLUTE BEST, from top to bottom. He is incredibly professional, passionate, talented, energetic, and SO friendly. We had a handful of get together's prior to wedding where we sat down with Tom (and his awesome wife Melanie) to go through exactly what we were looking for for our special day. Tom is a true professional. He listens to all of your requests and also helps you make great decisions for music you may have not even been thinking of (because you have wedding planning brain!) On day of, Tom was prepared, polished, and the TALK of the entire wedding. He kept the flow of the evening going perfectly with toasts, parent dances, etc and kept everyone up and dancing the remainder of the night with his perfect selection of tunes for our crowd! I would recommend Tom to anyone getting married anywhere, with any style wedding. He was fantastic!
    Jessica Married on 06/09/2018
    Thomas (aka DJ TREX) was amazing at our wedding. He was very organized and met with us before the wedding to get to know us and our music tastes. He had us write a list of songs we wanted played and didn't want played. The ceremony and dinner music was exactly the vibe that we had wanted. The dance party was so fun and he played all the songs that we wanted. Family of all ages were on the dance floor, and at the end of the night people kept chanting "TREX, TREX" to keep playing music. We could have kept dancing for hours longer if we had more time at the venue. Highly recommend Thomas!
    Margaret Married on 12/17/2016
    If you want to GENUINELY have the best wedding ever, hire Thomas White (aka DJ T-Rex!) The DJ is one of the most important vendors you can hire for your wedding because they set the pace and the vibe for the whole reception. With the utmost confidence I can say that if you hire Thomas, your wedding will be the absolute best night of your life. My husband and I could not have hired a better DJ. Thomas was extremely helpful from the minute we emailed him for an initial meeting (and we booked him straight away after that - he books up fast!) He was so kind and responsive throughout the whole wedding planning process too, answering all of our questions as they came up and meeting with us again in the weeks leading up to the wedding to go over everything and make sure it was perfect. Thomas is a fun person with a serious passion for music; but above all - he is an extremely talented DJ. During our reception, our dance floor NEVER slowed down once it got started. NOT ONCE. And no, that is not an exaggeration. So many of our guests (of all ages) came up to us after the wedding to compliment how great the music was, saying that they had never been to a wedding where the dance floor was so fun all night. We can thank Thomas for that, because he absolutely went above and beyond for us. Thank you Thomas, we couldn't possibly thank you enough!!
    Vicki Married on 09/04/2016
    Dj T-Rex was one of the easiest vendor decisions I made. He is so passionate about music and is a dream to work with! He was super flexible and responsive to all of our needs/song requests. We received so many compliments from our guests about the music and he just knows how to read the room. He is incredibly professional and great to be around. Thank you for all your work, Thomas! I can't wait to recommend you to all my friends getting married!
  • User2774689 2+ years ago
    Oh. My. Goodness. Look no further if you are looking for a personable, non-cookie-cutter, music-lover, MC-guru, DJ extraordinaire! When we were looking for DJs, we kept seeing so many similar video clips and photos of DJs providing the same service for each wedding they attended. This was not the case with DJ T-Rex (Thomas). Thomas took the time, before we even hired him, to email with us and really get to know our musical tastes and interests in general. We emailed and Skyped a few times before booking, and left each interaction feeling really good about our decision! When it came time for our wedding, Thomas showed up super early and prepared. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and were SO excited to meet Thomas for the first time at our wedding! He provided ceremony music (flawlessly integrating our tastes like the Lumineers and a local RI band), cocktail hour music (everything we asked for! including Van Morrison, OAR, Zac Brown Band), dinner music (classical tunes, Star Wars Cantina Theme thrown in there, and some fun Post-Modern Jukebox), and reception music (fun introductions; first dances; a perfectly executed mix-in of The Little Mermaid at the end of a Zac Brown Band song for the father-daughter dance-- guests are still talking about this!; and enough quality music to keep guests from age 3-80 on the dancefloor all night). Choosing a reliable, personable, and fun DJ is such a cornerstone decision for a wedding.. we would recommend DJ Trex in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking to have the best DJ at a (more than!) reasonable price point!
    Heather Married on 06/18/2016
    If you haven't considered DJ T-Rex as your wedding DJ yet, then you need to. He is the friendliest, most accommodating, helpful and most rockin' DJ there is. Our wedding day went flawlessly with him on the speakers (he ran the music for both our ceremony and reception) and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect vendor. I particularly like country music - a request and genre that Thomas wasn't too familiar with - but he dove into the task with grace and confidence and delivered a phenomenal "country" happy hour. He also helped us pull off the surprise of the night - a surprise live performance by the groom's sister for the mother/son dance! I cannot even put into words how thankful I am for his role in our wedding - he was a huge part of making our day absolutely perfect! We are forever grateful and have gained a lifelong friend!
    Narda Married on 06/07/2015
    Wow! While the wedding day can be a blur to the bride and groom, we have been consistently reminded by guests after the fact of "what a great party" our wedding was. The kudos goes to the DJ, Thomas White. The playlist was phenomenal! The dance floor was packed the entire evening. Everyone (from twenty-something to seventy-plus-something) had a blast. We left the music in great hands. Thank you Thomas (aka DJ T-Rex).
    Rachael Married on 09/28/2013
    Thomas is absolutely fantastic! He had everyone partying until waayyy too late ;) He set up multiple meetings with us to talk through all of the logistics and played the perfect mix of music to our taste. We've had many friends book him as their DJ and they all love him as much as we do! Highly recommended!
    Josh Married on 09/29/2012
    Tom is hands down the best DJ if you want a nonstop party on the dance floor for your wedding. He DJed my own wedding, as well as a friend's wedding a year before mine. Tom has a great sense of the crowd as well as what fun music to play to keep it going. He mixes music from many decades that you forgot how much you love, and is smart enough not to play the trendy junk that you'll regret dancing to in a month. Tom was great working things out over email, and met with use to go over all the schedules, song requests, and what styles we preferred. Be warned he WILL ignore requests from guests of non-fun songs...and that's a good thing. If you book Tom be sure to pay as much extra time at your venue as possible as the night will end way too early!
    He often DJs weekly at bars around boston so just search for DJ T-Rex and you can get a taste of his great work every week.