"A free spirited, open format DJ who enjoys high energy party music and anything else to get my crowd moving“

That pretty much sums up how DJ Sway likes to throw a party. A native to the Washington DC region, his musical palate is as eclectic as the community that he proudly calls home. His sets range anything from Top 40 and House to Latin Dance & Hip-Hop. In his words, "it's all about getting the perfect reaction. There's nothing better than dropping the perfect track at the perfect time to not only watch but feel the joyful excitement of whoever's on your dance floor. It doesn't matter if I'm playing at a nightclub, a local bar or a private wedding; there's no better 'high' and it never gets old."

He is no rookie either when it comes to helping crowds have a good time. From his gritty roots as a college bar DJ at University of Maryland to his current stomping grounds in nationally renowned clubs such as The Fillmore Silver Spring and Power Plant Live, DJ Sway has remained a firm believer that the best experiences for a DJ are those where the audience is lost in continual moments of joy as they dance to the sounds that they want to hear. It’s this passion to set the right mood that drives him forward, no matter what night of week, making him the perfect team player and a force to be reckoned with

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Disco Ball
Travel Expenses

What music genres do you specialize in?

Christian
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40
South Asian

What services do you offer?

Bilingual MC
Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day
Video Projection

What additional equipment do you offer?

Disco Ball

16 Reviews See all
Zonia
Zonia G. Married on 09/02/2023

Amazing Wedding party experience

We heard DJ Sway at a friends weeding and my daughter said, "I want this for my weeding" a year later, we didn't hesitate to call and book his services for her wedding. Amazing communication, clear vision and easy to adjust. My daughters wedding party has gotten many compliments on the music and vibe. We highly recommend DJ Sway
K
Kaitlyn F. Married on 07/15/2023
5 out of 5 rating

DJ Sway brought the absolute best party to our wedding!

Josh was so incredible to work with! He went above and beyond throughout our entire wedding day. He paid close attention to details throughout ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception. Our guests cannot stop talking about what a blast our wedding was. From the first song to the last song our dance floor was packed! He kept the party going and did a fantastic job with reading the crowd. Thank you so much for making our day so much fun and filled with memories for a lifetime!
Chelsea
Chelsea S. Married on 08/20/2022

Better than expected!

DJ Sway (aka Josh) was so awesome. Not only was he friendly, but so knowledgeable and responded to my emails/questions super fast. He provided an example timeline to help me plan my wedding playlist (which is optional- he can pick as little or as many songs as you want!). Josh took the time to edit a few songs to make them perfect for our first dance, etc. He also helped us secure a phot booth, which was a huge hit. I can't say enough good things about him - you won't regret hiring him !!
illustration stars