Alameda, CA 94502 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 151

About DJ By the Bay

Welcome to DJ By the Bay where we specialize in making your event fun and memorable! Our experienced DJs know how to get the crowd pumped and the party rockin’ all night long! We are courteous, reliable, professional and most importantly, will make your party a great hit!
Our events include weddings, house parties, live amplification, corporate and school events. With our extensive library of both music and karaoke, we'll ensure that we have all your favorite songs on hand for your special day.
DJ By the Bay offers the best mobile Deejays in the bay area to help coordinate the best music and lighting designs/effects available. We work closely with you to orchestrate the music and lighting to best match your event, personality, and venue. We believe in doing things right the first time. Our experienced staff will present the best recommendations, play exactly what you want and never what you don't. We spend the time to get to know you because your event is just as special to us as it is to you.

Not only do we have the best deejays, we use the best equipment. Whether we're doing live sound amplification, music reproduction, or spinning at the club, we cater to your venue by utilizing the gear which best fits your venue. Our equipment is always tested prior to each performance and back ups ready to go. Unlike most mobile deejays, we not only know how to use our equipment, we optimize it too.

All of our disk jockeys are also lighting specialists. With our famous up lighting we can turn any room into a colored wonderland. All of our lighting effects are controlled and programed using computer based DMX. Other lighting effects include skirted up trussing, moving heads, table/cake spotting, monograms, and much more.

With DJ By the Bay, you will get the complete package with the best price and an experienced team of professionals. You only have one chance to do it right. Chose the team who cares just as much as you do about your event.
Thank you for visiting our site and we look forward to working with you!

Please feel free to contact me at 510-205-7802 or bert@djbythebay.com

64 Reviews for DJ By the Bay

• Yael

Yael Amanda Villar · Married on 11/25/2018

Love DJ Jai!!

DJ Jai is the best! A few days before the wedding she called me to go over the playlist and made sure she had all the right songs. She was professional and fun! Five stars all the way! My cousin came up to me after the wedding and said “I loved your playlist!! I loved every song! I want your dj for my wedding!!” Hire her for yours.

Vi · Married on 11/17/2018

Awesome vendor to work with!

I had my wedding at the Bently Reserve on 11/17/18. This review should have been posted a month ago, but things got a bit hectic and I haven't been able to find the time until now.

First things first, I was really lucky to find Bert through work! I recently moved to the Bay Area from the east coast, and I had to plan my wedding in six months. Some of my friends in the bay recommended their wedding vendors, which was helpful (I ended up using one vendor for photography because I Iove her work). However, I was still needed a DJ/MC, lighting, and photo booth services. I picked one of the nicest venues (Bently Reserve) in the city, and it's not easy to work at this venue since there are so many restrictions. Luckily, he has experience working at this venue before, so he knows what to expect and I really like that.

From start to end, he was amazing. I booked him for Dj/MC, lighting, and photo booth services as part of a bundle (less vendors are just easier to deal with). I came to him with pictures of exactly what I wanted and pointed out certain lightings and he was able to accommodate what was requested.

MUSIC/EMCEE:
    Everyone at my wedding had a great time because the music was flowing. He knows how to gauge the crowd and make sure that people are having fun. What's nice is that he was able to play certain (not mainstream) tracks that I requested on the spot. My husband really likes his mixing of the music at the reception as well.

LIGHTING:
    My family and friends were also in awe at how beautiful the lighting was. If I had to look back and compare the picture (of the lighting) that I showed him during our first meeting and what my wedding actually looks like, I have to say that Bert's work was a lot better than the picture. The colors go together so nicely.

PHOTOBOOTH:
    Lots of cool props! My little cousins absolutely loved them and you can see so many photos of them since they had so much fun. Even the older adults enjoyed the props. He gave me 3 different colors for photo booth print outs instead of one. He definitely went that extra mile. I got exactly what I asked for and more.

GOING THE EXTRA MILE:
    1. He was very helpful in guiding me what to look for in wedding photographers and coordinators, things to reach out to with venue before bringing decors in (ie, candles), which was completely outside the scope of our agreement.

2. He even listened to me vent about my other vendor (drape) who I already paid and booked, cancelled a month before the wedding because my money was not good enough.

3. I didn't have my cell phone with me throughout the entire event and could not take any photos. And because I was so impatient to see my wedding photos (had to wait for a month), he sent me pictures and videos that he took on his phone. He also gave me a recording of my vows during the ceremony and gave links for the photo booth photos right away (I'm talking about the next morning) since my wedding guests were so excited to see pictures!

ALL IN ALL:
    He really exceeded my expectations. Aside from all the craziness of wedding planning, I would rebook him in a heart beat for a wedding. I also recommend him to anyone who is looking for a superb DJ/MC, and audio/lighting services for their wedding. Out of all the vendors that I worked with, he's really the best. To be honest, it would be nice if he could be my vendor for everything because I wish some of my other vendors were just as great as he was. I'm a pretty picky person, so I'm surprised he was able to exceed my expectations. He's really passionate about his work and loves what he does. You can't go wrong with that!

What I look for in a vendor and what Bert possesses:
    -Professionalism: 10/10
    -Easy to work with / personable : 10/10
    -Experience: 10/10
    -Passionate: 10/10
    -Trustworthy: 10/10

Overall:
    -DJ/MC Services: 10/10
    -Lighting Services: 10/10
    -Photobooth Services: 10/10

My family and friends thought my wedding was perfect, and a lot of it has to do with Bert. Even my one guy cousin who is from SoCal asked me for recommendations for his future wedding and I would tell him about Bert. If Bert ever wants to expand his business in the SoCal, I can grab a few clients for him through my family alone.

• Y

Yumi · Married on 10/13/2018

Thank you DJ Bert!

Bert and his team were outstanding during our wedding day. He helped reduce the wedding planning stress and made you feel comfortable. We trusted his decision with a lot of the planning since our wedding was planned very last minute and unprepared. Bert however was patient with us and provide great advice! It was so relieving to have Bert as our DJ as I was able to trust him and he never failed us! I highly recommend hiring his services! Thank you DJ Bert for making our wedding memorable!

DJ By the Bay FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 650.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,000.00
  • What services do you offer? Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

• Fisher Photography
    Fisher Photography Wedding Photographers

Bert was beyond any words I can express! NEVER have I worked with a better DJ! He was well organized and personable! He made my job flow perfectly that day and night! His equipment, music and lighting was superior! I would work him anytime, anyplace, anywhere! If I had my choice, he would be the only DJ I worked with!

• lovely little details
    lovely little details Wedding Planners

LOVED working with Bert, he is a true professional in every way. Would definitely work with him again!

• Alameda, 94502 See on map