DJ By the Bay Reviews

63 Reviews for DJ By the Bay

• Yael

Yael Amanda Villar · Married on 11/25/2018

Love DJ Jai!!

DJ Jai is the best! A few days before the wedding she called me to go over the playlist and made sure she had all the right songs. She was professional and fun! Five stars all the way! My cousin came up to me after the wedding and said “I loved your playlist!! I loved every song! I want your dj for my wedding!!” Hire her for yours.

• Y

Yumi · Married on 10/13/2018

Thank you DJ Bert!

Bert and his team were outstanding during our wedding day. He helped reduce the wedding planning stress and made you feel comfortable. We trusted his decision with a lot of the planning since our wedding was planned very last minute and unprepared. Bert however was patient with us and provide great advice! It was so relieving to have Bert as our DJ as I was able to trust him and he never failed us! I highly recommend hiring his services! Thank you DJ Bert for making our wedding memorable!

• Kevin

Kevin · Married on 09/30/2018

People danced all night!

DJ Bert was an absolute blast! The music he played had people dancing all through the night - I've never seen that many people dancing for so long at a wedding! His MC work was also great, and kept the event flowing smoothly. Our guests loved the photobooth, with plenty of props, and both physical and digital copies of the photos. The uplighting inside the building really added a lot to the ambiance of the room, and the string lights he hung in the patio were beautiful at night. We were very impressed and would highly recommend DJ by the Bay!

Kate · Married on 09/23/2018

DJ Jai is awesome! We are so glad that she DJ'ed our Bay Area wedding a few weeks ago. She is professional and experienced, and best of all, so much fun! It was easy to communicate with her leading up to the big day and she was very communicative and responsive. On the day-of, she was easy to work with, supportive, and flexible/adaptable. We felt confident that the music during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception was in good hands and were able to enjoy our wedding without worrying! Thanks, Jai!

Jillian · Married on 09/08/2018

Bert is so great! We hired him for DJ and MC services as well as uplighting for our wedding and couldn’t have asked for anyone better! He set up a couple calls before the big day to go over all the details and make sure we were all on the same page. The lighting made the room look 100 times better. We didn’t really give Bert too much direction in terms of music we wanted played at the wedding, we let him use his experience and expertise to determine what to play and he didn’t let us down. My family and my husband’s family are not big dancers, but Bert played music that kept people on the dance floor all night long. It was such a perfect night! I would highly recommend Bert for any event!

Andrew · Married on 09/01/2018

We hired Bert as DJ and MC for our wedding at Sequoyah Country Club in the Oakland hills. We gave him our vision for desired music mix that leaned a lot on old school hip hop with some newer tracks and he delivered. We met him weeks earlier to scope out the venue, which has a dining room, buffet room, and dance room, and he gave us helpful suggestions in terms of the reception flow for the evening. He provided wireless mics for the ceremony (held just outdoors from the reception hall) and for the reception. He provided uplighting that was tasteful for the classic California/Mediterranean architecture inside the building.

The photo booth was very well done and our guests absolutely loved it. It was well worth the upgrade. Lots of props to choose from. Bert offered a variety of designs for the photo output, not just the traditional vertical strips of photos, which was valuable to us. We also got to choose the backdrop for the photo booth (which we selected as open rather than closed), as well as the option of receiving digital copies of our guests' photos.

Bert is professional, easy going, very responsive in ongoing communications, and flexible in meeting the couples' vision for the ceremony and reception. We highly recommend his services for weddings.

Peter · Married on 06/23/2018

Bert and his staff were outstanding in every way. We have received lots of compliments from our guests about him, which makes us feel great. We are thrilled with how he performed, and we give him our highest recommendation.

1) Preparation - Bert was incredibly responsive about understanding our vision for our wedding. We had a lengthy Skype chat where we got to know each other and discuss various aspects of the wedding. He followed up with a very detailed questionnaire, and we had several more telephone calls prior to the big day. Bert was very conscientious, thoughtful, and professional throughout the whole planning process, which was wonderfully calming during an otherwise hectic time.

2) Audio engineering - we were very concerned about having good audio throughout the day, especially at the ceremony. Bert was the only DJ among the dozen or so we interviewed who suggested putting a mic on my wife, who has a rather soft voice (it was not visible on the outside, so our photos turned out great). During the ceremony, the audio was crisp and clear for everyone, which was exactly what we wanted.

3) Day-of performance - Bert was fantastic on our actual wedding day as MC and DJ. We had to completely revamp our day-of itinerary because of a weather issue. Although we reordered events and had to change things on the fly, Bert was very graceful and accommodating and always did a great job with introductions, transitions, and letting our guests know what was next. Bert has a very polite personality, and he put our guests at ease.

4) DJ skills - It's one thing for a DJ to play songs that you like, but it's another thing to actually be able to mix, transition, and overlay songs. Bert has mad skills as a DJ. And as a music programmer, he quickly figured out which songs played best to the room, and he got everyone out of their seats and dancing!

You can't go wrong with DJ by the Bay!

CP · Married on 10/21/2017

My wife and I hired Bert and his team for our wedding at the Galleria in the SF Design Center and couldn’t be happier with our choice. When we first talked to Bert, he guided us through a few questions to get the feel of our expectations and taste in music. Then he outlined what’s included in his price. We also selected him for his photobooth service. Leading up to our wedding, Bert had a clear outline of the mandatory song list for throughout the day and the “absolutely not” list of artists and songs.
    On the day of, Bert and his team were ready and worked with the vendors and our friends who were emcees and officiant. He tailored to our variety of music including 90’s and 2000’s hip-hop, top hits and even to our nerdiness. And before we knew it, it was 11 PM and every was bummed that the partying had to stop. Promptly after our wedding, Bert shared the photos from photobooth.
    I’d definitely recommend Bert and his team for your wedding.

Bob · Married on 10/15/2017

A true professional, easy to work with, quick responses, affordable, and provided so much more than just great music! He pulled together all the entertainment; relieved me of lots of worry. I'd strongly recommend him!

Rosa · Married on 10/14/2017

DJ Bert is amazing! From my first contact with him all the way through our wedding day, Bert was responsive, professional, and just a great guy to work with. He made the entire wedding planning process so smooth, and made us feel less stressed and so much more confidant that the day would go well knowing he was there. We expected a few hiccups along the way, and we appreciate his flexibility and patience as we tried to manage unexpected changes and challenges.

Bert asked all the questions that we didn't even know to ask ourselves. In our minds, the details of the day were pretty much planned, but he helped us figure out where the gaps in our day were, and where events could transition better.

Bert was easy to talk to, whether it was via email, phone, or in person. Our ceremony was outdoors, and he went out of his way to meet us and the park ranger to make sure that the sound system would not violate park policies, so that we wouldn't risk losing our deposit.

We also decided to rent a photo booth from Bert, and it was awesome! There were so many photo strip options and unique customizations you can do, that it was a bit overwhelming, but once we had an idea of what we wanted, he worked with his graphic designer to tweak it and make it look good. So glad we decided to get the photo booth from him - one less vendor to work with!

We're so happy that we decided to hire DJ Bert. Even though we were feeling the stress (because what wedding is not stressful?), we felt so much better knowing Bert was there. It's nice to know someone could help us remember what the timeline was, and to ensure that we were following our own schedule.

Thank you so much for your energy and expertise, Bert! Our special day was made so much better because of your services!

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2017

My friends have been telling me that my wedding was the best wedding they've been to b/c the dance floor was always full and the music was on point!!!

I think what helped was setting expectations and really spending time on the must play song list that he provides.

He also provided my photobooth and was super accommodating to that as well. Thanks Bert for making my wedding the hottest one this year!

Music: hip hop, mainstream edm, he even played some kpop for my korean guests during dinner.

Loved it!

Vince · Married on 11/12/2016

DJ Bert has the full package (DJ, Audio/Visual, lighting, + photo booth)! Great communication to prepare everything & wedding went as planned.

Samantha · Married on 11/06/2016

DJ Bert provided a complete package for our wedding from lighting, to MC, to projectors, to photobooth! DJ Bert is detail oriented and he provides valuable tips on how we can execute a flawless wedding. On our first meeting, DJ Bert offered to meet us at our venue to go over what services he was able to provide. After our meeting, we were so pleased that he actually brought the equipment and showed us how it all could come together. At that point, we knew we were in good hands! A couple weeks before the wedding, we went over the wedding day schedule, songs, and how everything would be executed. On the day of our wedding, we did not have to worry about anything which was the best part! DJ Bert and his team was able to coordinate with the venue coordinators, followed the timeline and adjusted accordingly! Even our wedding venue coordinators were pleased with how professional and accommodating the team was. The wedding was a huge success, all of our guests had so much fun! We definitely recommend DJ Bert and his team to any of our friends and family!

Tanya · Married on 08/13/2016

DJ BERT IS AMAZING!!! My husband and I hired him to dj at our wedding last weekend and he was a HUGE part of why our wedding was so amazing. We both love country music and he was totally honest with me in telling me that country was not his strong suit so he brought another DJ with him to make sure we got what we wanted! He played EXACTLY what we wanted and even provided us with a detailed sheet so that we could choose a specific song for each even in the wedding! He was so professional and so fun! Also, I definitely recommend doing the "uplighting" that he provides because it is definitely worth it to bring a fun and beautiful element to your wedding!
    DJ bert kept the partying going until the VERY LAST SONG, literally more than half of our wedding had to stay because the music was THAT good! I will use him for every single party that I have in the future!

Erin · Married on 06/25/2016

Bert and his team really delivered for us; their professionalism and attention to detail helped make our wedding day extra special. Weeks before the wedding, Bert took the time to call us and make sure we were on the same page regarding song selection, ceremony / reception schedule, and extra details like sound checks and emcee’ing. Both of us (bride and groom) and our officiant wore wireless mics during the ceremony, and all of our readings / vows were crystal clear on Bert’s system, something that is so important and often overlooked at weddings. Our ceremony also included two friends singing a duet with ukulele, and they sounded great! All of our ceremony readings, as well as reception toasts, were also digitally recorded and stored, a nice bonus that Bert threw in at no extra cost.

In addition to providing music and appropriate atmosphere during cocktail hour and reception, Bert also emcee’d wedding games for us, and provided us with the option of a photobooth during reception at a reasonable cost. We went with an open-style photobooth layout that was a real hit throughout the night, and we got to keep digital copies of all of the hi-res photos taken. All in all, we can’t recommend Bert enough for the wonderful job he handled our big day.

I had the pleasure of working with DJ By The Bay for both my wedding earlier this year and another brides wedding this past weekend. Both experiences were AMAZING! I would definitely recommend these guys to work for another wedding Im involved with. LOVE THEM!

Bert, Gabe, and the crew were super professional in handling our wedding. All details were arranged in advance, and Bert really goes the extra mile to make sure everything will be done exactly the way you want it, as planned. Photobooth was cool and easy to use. The equipment is all top notch, no glitches or hiccups during the ceremony or reception. Lights, sound, and music selection were all great. Highly recommended!

Samuel · Married on 11/15/2015

They did an amazing job. Everyone loved the lighting, music (songs and transitions) as well as the photobooth! I could not have asked for more.

Danny · Married on 10/31/2015

The entertainment at our wedding was excellent - every song cue was done flawlessly, the uplighting was beautiful, and everyone had a great time!
    We had a lot of requests and special moments requiring custom music during our reception, and we appreciate all the time and energy Bert spent in meeting with us, and in preparing for the evening. The whole night was executed magnificently!

M · Married on 09/27/2015

Bert was our DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception at the Brazilian room in Tilden Park and did a wonderful job. He is friendly and easy to work with, laid back but also professional and attentive. The whole experience felt very personalized. He was excellent at reading the crowd and getting everyone up and active on the dance floor. We also had karaoke and he set up and executed it brilliantly, even with managing a couple of rowdy guests who didn't want to give up the microphone. Gabe was also great, particularly with managing karaoke. I highly recommend both of them for weddings.

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2015

Bert is absolutely the best! We used his services for our photobooth and uplighting. He was extremely responsive to all of our emails and phone calls. He was also very helpful and patient with us as we designed the layout for our photobooth pictures. He provided a bunch of props for the photobooth, and everyone had an absolute blast! The uplighting was beautiful and very classy. Honestly, I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Lina · Married on 08/23/2015

DJ Bert was awesome! He was so accommodating and made sure he got to know our musical tastes a bit before the wedding. He was professional but at the same time, had a great easy going energy that was perfect for our wedding. He also provided lighting and speakers to complete the picture, and was great to work with during the entire process. We'd recommend DJ Bert for any event!

Bert was amazing. I did a lot of interviews and talked to a lot of DJs, but when I met Bert, I knew he was perfect. He provided Dj/MC services, as well as a photobooth and lighting for my wedding. First of all, I love how quickly he responds to emails. I knew that no matter what time of day, if I contact him, I'll hear back in a matter of minutes and I loved that. He walked us through the process and helped each step of the way, from designing the perfect photobooth photo template to picking the perfect songs to encouraging us with his positivity a week before the wedding. He was the only one of my vendors that made the trip to my venue to see the layout, talk to me again, and meet my coordinator. He worked easily with my rabbi to coordinate ceremony music, which turned out to be perfect too! As for the lighting, I couldn't believe how beautiful the room looked first time I walked in. I still sometimes can't believe it when I see photos, amazing what some carefully places lights can do for a room! I get so many compliments from guests regarding his work. He was an absolutely pleasure to work with, I'm so happy he was able to help us. Above all, he's a great guy, who brings a great energy to the wedding and makes it all the more special.

Emily · Married on 05/28/2015

Bert was amazing! When we first met him, he seemed very quiet and we weren't sure he would be a very energetic MC, but he did an amazing job! He had great energy but didn't talk to much or make stupid jokes like some MC's tend to do. He did an excellent job feeling the crowd and picking music that would keep the energy up and people dancing. We also had the room lighting which really livened up the party and made the venue look even more gorgeous. We were at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park and the additional lighting really made the room pop! We also got the Photo Booth which was so much fun! They provided a lot of props and the booth was big enough to fit a lot of people in it but we could still have the traditional "photo booth look." Bert was very professional and answered our questions quickly. He was flexible and he knew what he was doing. We couldn't be happier with his services and if we could do it all over again we would still pick him!

Scott · Married on 05/23/2015

DJ Bert and his team were awesome. He was very responsive with a quote and in helping us plan for our wedding, meeting with us at the venue, and chatting with us over the phone several times. He provided a bunch of documents and information that helped us plan out the music for our wedding reception, but also did a great job of picking songs within genres that we specified and keeping the party going (an hour longer than we had planned!) He got uncommon (foreign) music to play for some of our guests in their native language, which was a big hit and made them feel right at home. During the event he didn't draw a lot of attention to himself with unnecessary announcements and such, but rather focused on playing music to fit the mood, so everyone would have a good time. He also helped us pick out and set up the lighting for our reception which looked great, and provided a photo booth which everyone at the wedding enjoyed.