123 Oak Ridge Tpke, Oak Ridge, TN 37830 Map · Phone number

About Tara Kneiser Photography

I am so happy you are here! My name is Tara Kneiser (pronounce the K). I have lived in Oak Ridge, Tennessee since 2004. I originate from Gresham, Nebraska, but received a degree in photography from the Art Institute of Colorado in 2003. I've been a professional photographer since 2006, formerly operating as Dixie Pixel Photography. Good wedding photography shouldn't look like "wedding photography". If you agree, we should talk.

Tara Kneiser Photography was formerly Dixie Pixel

Follow Tara Kneiser Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Divine Perspectives

32 Reviews for Tara Kneiser Photography

• Jessica

Jessica C. · Married on 05/30/2020

When you will accept only the best... Hire Tara

Tara is the absolute best photographer I have ever known or worked with, and being a makeup artist I have worked with many. She has an amazing eye, she always has interesting ideas, her taste is impeccable, I trust her implicitly. Her images always have a certain magic to them. In addition to her great photography skills she always keeps a cool head during chaotic times, she will keep your event on schedule while keeping it fun. It is so important for a photographer to be able to keep their subjects feeling comfortable and engaged so the photos come out looking natural and not forced, and she does this so well. Yesterday my husband and I got married in a tiny ceremony with only our parents there and it was magical, next year we will be having a larger ceremony and reception so all our friends and family can be there with us, and when planning both ceremonies the most important question was: is Tara available on this date? I would literally move the date of my wedding so she could be there to photograph it if I had to. She has been such a huge help during the planning process as well, any question I have, she has an answer. She has so much experience with weddings, she could easily be a wedding planner if she wanted to. She will undoubtedly add so much to the day, whatever the event. I can't recommend her highly enough. If I can I will come back and add images to this review when we get them back.

Sent on 05/31/2020
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 06/08/2019

Book Tara now!

Tara was wonderful on our wedding day! Even with a chance of rain she was very chill and had a plan! I felt so comforted having her and knowing she had a plan for us if it was a rainy day! She fit seamlessly into the day and became such an integral part! She was super efficient at family photos (all of our family raved about how fast it was). We wanted someone who excelled at candid photos and Tara did not disappoint! Our photos turned out better than I could have ever expected and are so easy to download and share via her website. Book Tara!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Carla · Married on 08/06/2016

Tara does an amazing job. So comfortable with taking our pictures. Goes out of her way to make everything perfect and her quality of images is wonderful!!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Tara Kneiser Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
    Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5000.00
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Save the Date

• Robyn James Ensembles Wedding Musicians

When I think of Dixie Pixel photos, I think crisp images and vivid colors. As a musician, I appreciate it when a photographer takes time to capture my group at events. The images Tara captured are gorgeous and I have to stop myself from sharing them constantly, lest I drive my friends crazy!

• The Barn Event Center of the Smokies Barn & Farm Weddings

If you want some extra special pictures, Tara with Dixie Pixel has such an artistic flair for capturing and preserving the best day of your life!

• FACE by Raymie
    FACE by Raymie Wedding Hair & Makeup

As a makeup artist it is always refreshing when you can see your work so beautifully captured by amazing photography. I was so impressed by Tara's work and so happy to see the final product of our shared client's wedding. I loved the creativity and artistic element of the photos.

• 123 Oak Ridge Tpke Oak Ridge, TN, 37830 See on map
    by appointment only.
    Location of (Tara Kneiser Photography)