505 North McClurg Court Suite 1805, Chicago, IL 60611 Map · Phone number

About Designer Event Chicago

We have planned and executed events for
national companies, brides and grooms and everything
in between. Our passion for event planning enables us
to seamlessly integrate into our clients' teams.
We become family members to clients for weddings
and social events and a part of the company when
planning corporate events.

Lindsay Stein Cohen fell in love with entertaining when she hosted friends at her parents' house as a teenager. A detail-oriented person, Lindsay loves the organizational aspects of event planning. Since earning her bachelor's degree, Lindsay has proven herself to be a client-friendly and innovative planner. Developing personal relationships with clients is imperative to Lindsay, because she wants her clients to be a part of the vision. She strives to be ahead of the trends, while at the same time maintaining her sense of tradition.
After working for an event planner throughout high school, Lindsay ventured off to the University of Nevada Las Vegas, one of the Nation's top hospitality schools, to hone her business and event planning skills. While in Las Vegas, Lindsay garnered real world experience coordinating and hosting a celebrity golf tournament for a sports marketing firm.
Lindsay resides in the Streeterville neighborhood of Chicago with her husband, Adam, and her dog, Marlee.

Katie Goggin, founder and partner of Designer Event Chicago, has been planning events for over a decade. Katie specializes in social, corporate, charitable and municipal events. Whether it is a large or intimate gathering, Katie works tirelessly to make sure your event runs flawlessly. Katie's personal touches and attention to details are what makes all of her events a success. Katie will create, manage and lead the event you have always dreamed of, while you enjoy the company of your guests.
Katie graduated Summa Cum Laude from DePaul University with a business degree. While at DePaul, Katie began working at a public relations firm in Chicago where she concentrated on event planning and marketing for its non profit clients. After three years there, Katie accepted a position with an event planning firm on the North Shore. She remained there as a senior event planner until she left to form Designer Event Chicago.
Outside of Designer E vent Chicago, Katie loves spending time with her husband, John, and their two children, John and Luke. Katie also enjoys travelling the world or uncovering fabulous shops and restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area.

1940fc576b1d7115 1530131952 3575ec14e72c70a3 1530131951938 7 Weddings Events Ch
b3cf755270ca4653 1246881695542 dg068

2 Reviews for Designer Event Chicago

• Erin

Erin · Married on 05/30/2015

At first, I really thought that I did not need a wedding planner. My husband knew that this would be a stressful process and insisted that we at least consider a day of planner. Wow, he has never been more right! Looking back at everything, the day would not have been the same had we not had Katie Goggin as our planner.

Katie came to meet us at our apartment and we laid out our preliminary plans for the big day. She gave great instruction of things to make sure we planned for and scheduled our final in-person for a couple of weeks before the wedding.During the time in between, she was always there for us when we had questions, calmed my nerves, and made me feel like everything would go off without a hitch.

We met once more before the wedding and she had everything planned down to the minute and had contingencies in place in case anything went off schedule. From that point she had my Maid of Honor and the Best Man in her phone and ready for anything. She even offered to take the champagne and beers for our trolley with her so that she could make sure everything was in place. She also coordinated with the trolley drivers to make sure ice was on the trolleys. Katie made sure everything was covered.

The day of our wedding, the weather was unpredictable. There were on and off storms, but meanwhile she was texting my Maid of Honor to make sure that I was OK and that everything was going well. She also made sure to let us all know that everything was under control. She had all the groomsman settled at the church with plenty of time and all the details were exactly like she promised they would be. She made the day as amazing as I could have ever imagined. Katie is wonderful when dealing with vendors, venues, churches, parents...everything.

She is the best! I recommend her to all of my friends who are planning their weddings and would to anyone else who is, too! Thanks for making our wedding so unforgettable, Katie!!!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/12/2012

I can't say enough about Lindsay and her team. I have no idea how my husband and I could have possibly pulled off our wedding so seamlessly without Lindsay Stein Cohen of Designer Event Chicago. She is truly amazing at her job. I went into wedding planning thinking I could handle everything on my own - - let me tell you that Lindsay is worth every penny and a lot more. She literally held our hand through every last detail. And it showed the day of the wedding. Our wedding was not only perfect, but my husband and I were calm and collected so that we could enjoy our day. We owe that to Lindsay. We honestly could not have done it without her!

Sent on 10/30/2012