624 N Main Street, Rochester, MI 48307 Map · Phone number

About Design Works Flowers

We provide premium floral arrangements for weddings, showers, corporate parties, and all other events. We also design and craft custom personal flowers such as bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and remembrance flowers. Our team places the event planner or bride's preferences above all else and works hard to stay up to date on evolving trends and styles.

Follow Design Works Flowers on

a23e350d3ae2e10d david austins
121327511516048122051505761648104n

3 Reviews for Design Works Flowers

Bridget · Married on 09/17/2016

Jackie did an amazing job with our flowers for the wedding, we had so many compliments!! Can't thank her enough..... highly recommend them..

Sent on 10/03/2016

Rebecca · Married on 01/16/2016

3.5

I worked with Jackie for my January wedding, and the flowers turned out beautifully! We sat down and had a detail-oriented conversation, and she went through and made sure we covered everything, which was super helpful, since besides a general idea of the colors I wanted, I had no idea what I was doing! She helped shape my ideas and was very knowledgable and helpful, and we were 100% on the same page by the end of the meeting. They were prompt with a quote, and everything was delivered on time, and all the bouquets and boutonnieres were better than I imagined! My flowers also lasted a little over a week after the wedding, impressive considering they were in and out of the cold and warm. I spent a little more than I wanted to considering I only did bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, but after researching I learned that their prices were kind of middle of the road, if only edging towards the higher end, but again, I was very happy with the level of service and the beautiful arrangements!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Design Works Flowers's reply:

Rebecca, thanks so much for the kind words. We very much enjoyed working with you for that very special day!

Kim · Married on 08/13/2016

3.0

Short and sweet: flowers delivered were closed and not open, terrible customer service, inability to account for errors Long story: I chose this flower shop because it was 5 minutes from my venue and it was the most affordable. But convenience aside, we got what we paid for. I only had a few requirements regarding the flowers: a full bouquet of white roses for me and simple centerpieces to match. The mock up went great! The florist showed me a centerpiece with full open roses just like the pictures I had shown her. But come the wedding day, the bouquets had roses that were barely open. My bouquet of roses looked like a bouquet of tulips instead. The bridesmaids' bouquets had roses sticking up over the plane of the hydrangeas which made them look awkward. The centerpieces had roses that were also closed, not at all what was shown to us for the mock up. We contacted the store and was told that those were the most open white roses they had and that due to the humidity the roses would open by the time the ceremony started. The thing is, my ceremony and reception was all indoor and thus had minimal humidity. Sadly, the roses did not bloom fully until 5 days after my wedding. The woman on the phone would not admit fault nor would she send someone 5 minutes down the street to where we were to fix the bridesmaids' bouquets. The first reason for refusing was that they would make a mess in the hotel, I told them I didn't mind cleaning up after them as long as they got the job done. Then they quickly said they were too busy and they had another wedding to work on. It's a shame that they think being too busy is a valid excuse for shoddy workmanship. I should have gone with a different florist who would've known what they were doing.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Design Works Flowers's reply:

Kim, we are so sorry that you're still feeling upset over your wedding flowers. I'd like to address some of the points you made in your review. When you called the shop that day, we weren't too busy to go to the hotel, however in order to re-make the bouquets in the required 30-minute time frame, both designers had to work on them. We sent our driver to your hotel to pick up the bouquets so that they could be brought back to the shop where they were completely taken apart and re-worked with new roses to meet your preference. Logistically, this was the most efficient way to make sure you had them back in time for your pictures. The new bouquets were back in your possession within thirty minutes.
    Our staff went above and beyond to make things right for you that day, as customer satisfaction is and has always been our number one priority. We take our weddings and our brides very seriously, and have extreme pride in our work. Thank you for letting us make it right for you that day. We wish you all the best in your marriage and your future.

Design Works Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 14.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 75.00
    $ 150.00
    $ 5480
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Glamorous
    Modern
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Tropical
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor