Derek Halkett Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Most Popular Price

Alright, alright alright! You made it here so hopefully my work caught your eye and now you want more of that jaw-dropping imagery. Let’s face it, making decisions on who to hire for your wedding day can be difficult. After all, it is one of the most important days of your life, and making the right decision is a top priority. My goal is simple and involves capturing the most amazing images possible for my wedding couples. Fair warning, I am known to spoil my wedding couples rotten and go the extra mile on their behalf.

My work centers around Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and the New England States. If you are looking to book a wedding, elopement, engagement or adventure session in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, or anywhere for that matter; I would love to chat. I am a licensed, insured and permitted Smoky Mountain Wedding Photographer and would love to help you capture your best day. Check out my Smoky Mountain Wedding Portfolio and my Wedding Portfoliooutside of the park to see more of my work. Let's get in touch!

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Negatives
Proofs

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3,500

Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
One Event / Day
Negatives
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Engagement Shoot
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Slideshow
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Save the Date

• Nikole
    Nikole Married on 05/06/2022

Best of the best

I spent countless hours browsing photographer portfolios and reviews before I came across Derek’s website. His photos weren’t like every other wedding album you see and that is exactly what we wanted. Not only is his work gorgeous, but he is easy to get along with and made the whole experience fun. If we had to do it all again, Derek would still be our number one choice!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 03/11/2022

Amazing Photos

Derek is a true artist. He takes the most amazing photos. We got married at the Magnolia and he took some incredible photos. We couldn't be happier with how they turned out. He was a lot of fun to work with and gave us great direction. If you want some incredible photos, hire Derek!!
    Lauren O. Married on 02/05/2022

The most talented photographer ever!

Derek is incredible. I don’t even know how to describe it but it’s so clear that he is doing what he loves and is meant to be doing. He sent me these the morning after our wedding and I just want to scream: “LOOK AT HOW TALENTED HE IS!”

A little context: we booked our wedding at The Magnolia completely sight unseen. We never met a single vendor in person until the day of our actual wedding. I saw Derek listed on the preferred vendor list for The Magnolia and instantly fell in love with his work. I reached out to see if he was available, he said yes and we signed a contract and paid in full.

Given the circumstances, we had no idea what to expect when meeting but it was instantly clear we made the right choice. Derek is one of those people you feel like you’ve known for years. He is fun to chat with and honestly just a really positive energy to be around.

Throughout the evening, Derek balanced taking advantage of when the lighting is best at different spots in the venue while also making us feel like we weren’t missing out on time with our guests. When he took our photos we felt lost in our own world.

Derek we can’t express enough gratitude for documenting the most incredible experience in the most stunning place. I’m in awe of your talent to capture the people in the photos every bit as much as the scenery. You are a magician.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Pricing

Ramble Creek Ramble Creek Barn & Farm Weddings

Derek contacted me recently about coordinating a stylized photography shoot at our venue, Ramble Creek, and he was exceptional to work with in every way. The end results were impeccably beautiful. He's very personable and accessibly artistic. They way he uses natural light has such a whimsical and dreamy result without looking unreal. He's just that good. If you are looking for fantastic wedding photos you need to contact Derek. There's a reason he was a Wedding Wire Couples' Choice Award winner. Call him soon, his calendar fills up quickly.

The Lily Barn The Lily Barn Barn & Farm Weddings

Absolutely stunning wedding photos! We hope to see more of your work at The Lily Barn.

Blissful Meadows Golf Club Blissful Meadows Golf Club Country Club Weddings

Derek Halkett is a professional photographer with a great eye for pictures! He knows how to use the spaces available & takes advantage of every photographic location. Derek is very familiar with all the best spots for pictures @ Blissful Meadows Golf Club, he even got married here! Derek works great with the couples and makes them feel very relaxed & it shows in his photo's. I highly recommend Derek Halkett as your photographer :-)

10861 Snowfall Lane Knoxville, TN, 37931
Location of (Derek Halkett Photography)

Other vendors in Knoxville for your wedding