Crumbs and Confections LLC

Smithville, MO View map

Crumbs and Confections is an independently owned, full scale confectionary shop. From a traditional white wedding cake, to a French pastry dessert bar, we do it all!

All of our products are made from scratch with only the BEST ingredients. We always use real butter, and we don't skimp on the icing!

**2020 Update: We are currently expecting our first child this Summer! For this reason, we will not be accepting any new wedding inquiries to give our family time to adapt to new parenthood! We expect to start taking orders again in September of 2020. Thank you!***

Contact us today to set the appointment for your tasting and consultation! We meet with every couple in person to always make sure our visions are the same for your perfect day!

Send us inspiration pictures, or have us create your own masterpiece we work on both ends of the spectrum!

We believe every couple should be able to have a great tasting and affordable piece of art as their cake, no matter the budget! We work with all sorts of budgets and will go above and beyond to get you the cake of your dreams without blowing the budget.

Check us out on Facebook, or stop by the store! We'd love to chat.

$3.00

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$4.00

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.00

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Dessert Buffet
Fruit
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Diabetic
Gluten Free
Kosher
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local

Are you licensed by the state health department?

3.2
  • Hilary
    Hilary Married on 12/21/2019

We loved our cake!

Samantha was great! We truly loved our cake and it was so beautiful. She arrived on time and got everything set up and all I had to do was approve it. It looked amazing and tasted good too. She has tons of cake and frosting flavors and every one we have tried so far has been delicious. She was the perfect choice our wedding!
    Rachael W. Married on 10/02/2018

The Best!!

Crumbs and Confections is one of the best here in KC! As a wedding planner, I feel complete confidence recommending her to my couples. I know she will go above and beyond to bring their vision to life, and has some of the best menu items I've tasted. I'd highly recommend them for any of your baking needs!
  • Kaylyn
    Kaylyn Married on 03/23/2019

One issue after another

Showed up on our wedding day with an undecorated cake that we had to supply flowers for to decorate (missing details we asked for) and she forgot our cupcakes. One of the main desserts we had for our guests today enjoy with us while we had our cake. Cake was crooked and poorly executed. For the amount I paid for the cake something should have been decorated, instead it was a small 3 teir naked cake for $126!!

Crumbs and Confections LLC's reply:

Hi Kaylyn,

Unfortunately, this matter has gone unresolved, as I have reached out privately attempting to remedy the situation, with no response.

In response to the cake decor. It states in my contract floral is not provided for the cake, and is also mentioned at the time of ordering. I always touch base with every bride the Monday prior to the wedding to run through final details, where I also remind that floral will need to be left for me to place, if desired.

The cake was not crooked when your wedding planner approved everything before I left, also approving the decor, as she was my point of contact.

Once the missing cupcakes were brought to my attention, I apologize profusely and immediately went to refund. With over 400 pieces to your display, unfortunately, being human, I missed loading a box into my car, which ended up having the cupcakes. I take full responsibility for that mistake, and have attempted to remedy through private messages, to no avail.

In regards to the payment issues, there was a miscommunication about receipt of the payment. When asked if it had been processed, I thought you were referring to the deposit, which had been recieved, as I dont require final payments until delivery. It was only after I delivered the cake that I realized final payment had not been (and still has not been) issued. I asked to be connected with your bank, or shown a statement that I can take to my processor showing the amount leaving your account, but have yet to receive that information.

I explained that I by no means felt you had not paid me on purpose, that maybe it was a technical glitch, I just need more information to share with my processor to find out what happened. I would be happy to discuss these issues further in private, as initially started.

Real Weddings

• Aly & Cam
    50 photos · 10/05/2019

106 W Main St. Smithville, 64089
Location of (Crumbs and Confections LLC)

Other vendors in Kansas City for your wedding