106 W Main St., Smithville, MO 64089 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Crumbs and Confections LLC

Crumbs and Confections is an independently owned, full scale confectionary shop. From a traditional white wedding cake, to a French pastry dessert bar, we do it all!

All of our products are made from scratch with only the BEST ingredients. We always use real butter, and we don't skimp on the icing!

Contact us today to set the appointment for your tasting and consultation! We meet with every couple in person to always make sure our visions are the same for your perfect day!

Send us inspiration pictures, or have us create your own masterpiece we work on both ends of the spectrum!

We believe every couple should be able to have a great tasting and affordable piece of art as their cake, no matter the budget! We work with all sorts of budgets and will go above and beyond to get you the cake of your dreams without blowing the budget.

Check us out on Facebook, or stop by the store! We'd love to chat.

Follow Crumbs and Confections LLC on

• Kaylyn

Kaylyn · Married on 03/23/2019

1.6

One issue after another

Showed up on our wedding day with an undecorated cake that we had to supply flowers for to decorate (missing details we asked for) and she forgot our cupcakes. One of the main desserts we had for our guests today enjoy with us while we had our cake. Cake was crooked and poorly executed. For the amount I paid for the cake something should have been decorated, instead it was a small 3 teir naked cake for $126!!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Crumbs and Confections LLC's reply:

Hi Kaylyn,

Unfortunately, this matter has gone unresolved, as I have reached out privately attempting to remedy the situation, with no response.

In response to the cake decor. It states in my contract floral is not provided for the cake, and is also mentioned at the time of ordering. I always touch base with every bride the Monday prior to the wedding to run through final details, where I also remind that floral will need to be left for me to place, if desired.

The cake was not crooked when your wedding planner approved everything before I left, also approving the decor, as she was my point of contact.

Once the missing cupcakes were brought to my attention, I apologize profusely and immediately went to refund. With over 400 pieces to your display, unfortunately, being human, I missed loading a box into my car, which ended up having the cupcakes. I take full responsibility for that mistake, and have attempted to remedy through private messages, to no avail.

In regards to the payment issues, there was a miscommunication about receipt of the payment. When asked if it had been processed, I thought you were referring to the deposit, which had been recieved, as I dont require final payments until delivery. It was only after I delivered the cake that I realized final payment had not been (and still has not been) issued. I asked to be connected with your bank, or shown a statement that I can take to my processor showing the amount leaving your account, but have yet to receive that information.

I explained that I by no means felt you had not paid me on purpose, that maybe it was a technical glitch, I just need more information to share with my processor to find out what happened. I would be happy to discuss these issues further in private, as initially started.

Crumbs and Confections LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Tastings - Open House, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings - Open House, Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Diabetic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local