McLain's Bakery

Kansas City, Missouri View map Visit website

McLain’s Bakery is a bakery located in Kansas City, Missouri, also serving the Saint Joseph area. This family-owned bakery has been making cakes since 1945, giving them over seven decades of cake-making experience. This team of passionate bakers is ready to take on any challenge you give to them, and make your wedding cake vision come to life. McLain’s Bakery is a bakery, cakery, eatery, and coffee shop that strives to be a safe, comfortable community space to serve the local area with all of the sugar and baking experience they can possibly provide.

McLain’s Bakery offers custom wedding cakes and other desserts, such as cookies, croquembouche, cupcakes, fruit, pastries, and more. Their cake flavors typically include white, chocolate, almond, carrot, and red velvet, but they also have seasonal flavors and can provide custom flavors upon request. This bakery can accommodate any nut-free orders as well. McLain’s Bakery will help you with a consultation and a private tasting prior to creating your perfect cake. Their excellent bakery services can also include:

• Custom design
  • Delivery
  • Setup

$4

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$6

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Anniversary Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Croquembouche
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Fruit
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Nut Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Austin
    Austin R. Married on 05/30/2021

Wonderful Cake!

My wife and I had our wedding at the end of May 2021 with McLain’s Bakery providing cupcakes and cake at the reception. We had a tall 6” passionfruit cake with buttercream frosting to cut and share with family while also providing three different mini-cupcake options for guests. We already loved McLain’s other bakery products, so it was no surprise that their cupcakes and cake were beautiful and delicious. We initially became intrerested during the early days of COVID, so we ended up doing a take-home tasting, but it was super fun. We went back for our in-person consultation later and felt so at-ease to have such a beloved local establishment handle one of the most iconic pieces of the wedding. The cakes were delivered in a timely manner and the quality was beyond reproach. Another perk is that you get a free anniversary cake after your first year; no more eating freezer-burned cake! I would highly recommend McLain’s for any occasion.
  • Mcmagie7
    Claire Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing baker to go with

Their prices are stunningly low... which made me nervous about the quality. At the free tasting I tried the vanilla, almond, pumpkin, and red velvet. I loved them ALL. I ended up choosing the red velvet which I personally prefer with a cream cheese frosting (which I let the lady know) and they immediately offered me a sample of the cream cheese frosting (also delicious). They were extremely patient with me tasting and choosing and were flexible to ensure I got the exact cake I wanted. Couldn't be more pleased with this baker.
    Kiley U. Married on 08/04/2020

Perfect Wedding Cake

Our 3-tier wedding cake was absolutely perfect! We will definitely be using McLain's Bakery for future events :)

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Real Weddings

• Brooklyne & Joe
    50 photos · 09/15/2019
  • Adkin & William
    59 photos · 11/03/2018

201 Gregory Blvd Kansas City, Missouri, 64114
816-208-8233
Location of (McLain's Bakery)

Other vendors in Kansas City for your wedding