Kansas City, MO 64111 Map · Phone number

About Crossroad Calligraphy

Hey there! I'm Annie.

I’m a Kansas City girl, born and raised, with a passion for calligraphy, awesome events, fresh flowers and pretty things. I believe that a handwritten note means more than 100 emails. I think calligraphy tells a story – about who you are, where you’ve been and what's in store. Hence, the name. I get to work with people at a crossroads in their lives. Whether you're having kids, getting married, preparing for a graduation or rejoicing in a friend's promotion, one thing is always true: nothing can beat being invited to step into people's stories and celebrate with them. Isn't my job the coolest?

Looking back, I’ve always loved lettering. While my day to day writing looks more and more like chicken scratch with every passing year, I remember obsessing over handwriting as a kid – perfecting each and every letter form on my spelling tests. Fast forward a few decades, and I’ve come to cherish not just the letters themselves – but what they allow us to do. They help us communicate a level of detail, care and tenderness that simply can’t be replaced with technology. While I haven’t saved every nice email I’ve received, I have a massive stack of handwritten cards from those I love that grows with each passing year.

I started Crossroad Calligraphy because I’m a firm believer that hand lettered notes, custom envelopes and more shouldn’t just be reserved for special occasions. Whether you’re planning a wedding, throwing your best friend’s baby shower or just wanting to send your sister something pretty, I’m here to make that process easy. My calligraphy style is modern meets boho. I think it rocks to take risks. And I love making events special without making them stuffy. While I'm a Kansas City calligrapher, I work for clients across the nation – so take a minute and say hey. I’d love to meet you!

Follow Crossroad Calligraphy on

img1756

3 Reviews for Crossroad Calligraphy

• W

whitney · Married on 09/29/2018

Annie provided beautiful place cards for our head table! She was a delight to work with and the place cards turned out to be such a nice (and very affordable) touch!

Sent on 10/01/2018

lynn · Married on 05/26/2018

Annie is fantastic! Her work is beautiful and she is extremely flexible. If I have a calligraphy need in the future, I will only use her services.

Sent on 04/18/2018

Kelsey · Married on 04/22/2017

I came to Annie with this crazy idea of an aisle runner with calligraphy lyrics in gold for our wedding. I thought it was nuts and I was never going to be able to find someone to do it. Little did I know - Annie is just as nuts as me! She did it for us and it turned out even more beautiful than I could have imagined. On top of that I hit her up with another idea while she was in progress for a banner and she did that, too. She got them done in a great amount of time and was so easy to work with. Her work is absolutely incredible and her pricing is reasonable for the beautiful work she does. I can't wait to find something to use her for again!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Crossroad Calligraphy FAQ

• What invitation and card products do you offer? Menus, Place Cards, RSVP Cards
  • What services do you provide? Addressing, Assembly, Calligraphy, Design, In-Person Consultations, Laser Cut