12615 River Road, Myakka City, FL 34251 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 72

About Crooked River Ranch of Myakka

The Barn at Crooked River Ranch is a rustic barn venue located on a 52-acre cattle ranch in Myakka City, Florida. This classic barn offers the perfect combination of elegance and tradition. From the beams and chandeliers to the rustic tables and creative decorations, you will feel like you have been transported to a quieter, simpler time. The property includes an outdoor ceremony area under large, mossy oaks surrounded by rich green pasture. Guests can enjoy cocktails and the sunset on either of the red brick patios nestled in the back and front of the barn. In the evening, guests can delight in the cool night air and gaze at the glistening stars above, or – better yet - toast marshmallows for S’mores over a brick fire pit! At the Barn at Crooked River Ranch, you will enjoy every minute as you celebrate with your closest friends and family. Away from the bustle of city life, it makes the perfect

Crooked River Ranch is a bucolic wedding location and estate comprising acres of verdant pasture land near Myakka City, Florida. The property boasts ample space for an extensive celebration, with multiple event spaces including a charming barn. Crooked River Ranch is an attractive setting for couples seeking an escape from the bustle of city life for a serene experience amongst still wilds of Manatee County.

Facilities and capacity

The ranch is an idyllic background for a ceremony, reception, or rehearsal and offers those stepping down the aisle a choice of multiple on-site locations. Couples can choose to exchange vows under a lush woodland canopy for a magical ceremony framed by mature oaks. The property’s most prominent venue, The Barn proffers itself for a lively and memorable reception. A custom-built event space, The Barn’s pastoral chic echoes its natural environs whilst providing modern comfort. Guests will be struck by the exceeding sense of space created by its open plan and high gabled ceiling. The Barn also features a loft space that overlooks the central area. This private space is an ideal setting for a stunning indoor wedding photoshoot. As night falls its chandeliers cast a tasteful light upon proceedings, imbuing the scene below with intimacy. Cocktails can be enjoyed upon The Barn’s patios, basking in the warm glow of the brick fire pit; its embers dissolving into the surrounding darkness. There is ample furniture available to those celebrating their big day, including tables, chairs, aisle markers. These have been curated especially to complement the rustic tone of the venue and serve to enhance the decor of any wedding. Crooked River Ranch provides abundant parking for guests traveling from far and wide, and the estate is located a short drive from Sarasota.

Crooked River Ranch is managed by a team of veteran wedding professionals. They are happy to help set up and clean up events, and can provide lighting and a sound system. The management welcomes and can work with outside vendors.

crooked river ranch5112 51 1865185 1568219289

Videos 2 Videos

4 Reviews for Crooked River Ranch of Myakka

cheyanne · Married on 10/27/2019

Available/ Supportive/ helpful/ Flexible

This venue was the best for a DIY bride like myself. From the start of the planning process, Rose was giving advise and making sure I was on track with my planning. I was given great recommendations but was allowed to use whom ever I desired. I ended up going with all of her recommendations. She has a beautiful piece of property.
    Day of, their team went above and beyond helping getting set up. She allowed me to change anything I needed too. She even had someone sew pants for the father of the groom who split his pants.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Crooked River Ranch of Myakka's reply:

Thank you Cheyanne! You were such a pleasure to work with and a beautiful bride! We loved being part of your special day and helping to make sure it was everything you dreamed it would be.

Sandy Crawford · Married on 03/28/2019

Simply amazing!

My daughter and I visited at least 6 other venues before coming across Crooked River Ranch. When we first got there, I fell in love. The barn and property are absolutely gorgeous! Many of the other barns we saw didn’t come close to comparing to Crooked River Ranch. It was well kept and taken care of. You could tell that Rose; the owner and her husband take great pride in the venue and property. On top of the beauty of the venue I instantly felt comfortable with Rose. She is down to earth, detail-oriented, caring and just wants to help create couples dream weddings. I was also amazed that the barn was similar in price to most of the other barns I viewed but it came with decorations. This was huge because I knew the price of decorations could add up fast. Mostly everything I was looking for she already had. She had very similar taste to mine so that definitely worked out in my favor! Even if your taste in décor is a little different there are many decorations that I think can/will work for most people.
    The property is just as stunning as the barn. I remember when I first saw the firepit and I was in aww with how gorgeous it was. Most of the firepits I saw beforehand were nice, average, but the firepit here was breath taking! It was classier than most and that is what I was looking for. You can get some of the best pictures there! There are many spots where you can have great pictures taken.
    After viewing the venue, I called my fiancé at the time and told him how amazing it was, and I wanted him to come see it with me. He told me in the beginning to look without him until I found something I was really interested in and then he’d come see it with me. So, Rose was ever so kind and let me go back again with my fiancé and mother to look at the venue. They both fell in love as well! This is another reason I was happy booking with this venue because Rose was so accommodating. I must have asked to go up there 6 more times this includes a few days before my actual wedding. Rose always accommodated and never complained once. Speaking of accommodating she answered my millions of questions as well, quickly and without ever making me feel like I was being a bother. If I was working with someone different this most likely wouldn’t have been the case. So thankfully I had Rose to help ease my anxieties and support me throughout the whole process.
    Rose also went above and beyond by adding lights to the inside barn poles. She also added up lighting to the whole property as well. I love lights, so I was ecstatic when she added more, and it turned out beautiful!
    Our wedding ended up being the fairy tale wedding I was dreaming off. It wouldn’t have been possible without the venue Crooked River Ranch and Rose, her husband and staff! Everyone keeps telling me, my husband and family members how gorgeous our wedding was, even those who have gone to multiple weddings. 😊
    I can’t recommend Crooked River Ranch enough! Your wedding will be stunning and stress free with the help of Rose and her staff!

Sent on 04/25/2020

Crooked River Ranch of Myakka's reply:

We appreciate your kindness and are so happy everyone had a great time and that the Crooked River Ranch of Myakka staff made your day memorable! Thank you for trusting us with your wedding day!

Crooked River Ranch of Myakka FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Set Up
  • Describe your venue:
    Barn
    Farm/Ranch
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Clean Up
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Markers
    Centerpieces
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Decor
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    January
    December

• 12615 River Road Myakka City, FL, 34251 See on map
    941-356-0629 (Phone number)
    Tours By Appointment
    Location of (Crooked River Ranch of Myakka)