4041 Barbara Loop SE, Suite B, Rio Rancho, NM 87124 Map · Phone number

About Cottonwood Church

We have two pastors at Cottonwood Church that can help in your wedding. Here is some information about us...

Dan Cooley, Pastor Dan

Position: Lead Pastor

Family: I met my wife JoLynn in college and she has given me four wonderful children: Recently married Megan, Amanda, Micah, and Caleb.

Education: I went to a bunch of schools (fun, but not too productive…) finally getting my life together and graduating from Criswell in Dallas and Moody Grad School in Chicago.

Personal Stuff: As a missionary kid, I’ve always known who Jesus was, but it wasn’t until college that I really began to look at how He fit into my life. Discovering the answer has been a mysterious, exhilarating, long (and sometimes difficult) journey, but I could not imagine a life without Christ.

Outside of Church: I love eating, archery, rappelling, fixing cars (too often), spending time with friends (never enough) and raising my children. Some of my favorite books include Mere Christianity and all things CS Lewis, A Man Called Intrepid, and Blue Like Jazz. A few of my favorite movies are Napoleon Dynamite (ughhhhhhhhh), Princess Bride (Inconceivable!), Shadowlands, and Blues Brothers (We’re on a mission from God!)

Craig Sundheimer , Worship Pastor

Family: My wife Cheryl, an RN, is the Surgical Services Director at Lovelace Westside Hospital. We have a son and daughter, both married and both families living in Las Cruces, and two wonderful grandsons.

Education: I grew up in southeastern New Mexico and graduated from Hobbs High School (Go, Eagles, go!), then went to Baylor University, where I graduated with a degree in music education. My best education, however, has been my over-30 years in vocational church ministry.

Personal Stuff: While I never heard the "official God voice" telling me exactly what to do with my life, I have always sensed and followed a call from God into ministry through music. My great love in ministry is helping to guide people into a fresh encounter with God through worship. I grew up in New Mexico, and my family has lived in several places across the state (along with our 3 1/2 years of "foreign missions service" in Texas) - I love the Land of Enchantment!

Outside of Church: I'm a baseball nut (Go, Isotopes!), enjoy an occasional game of golf, and I love going to the movies (there's something relaxing about sitting in the dark with some popcorn), reading, and camping. As a semi-native New Mexican and green chile lover, I'm also trying to learn to speak Spanish. Cheryl and I take special care to do our duty as grandparents and spoil our grandsons every chance we get!

Follow Cottonwood Church on

HAblurred
Blackwell307

5 Reviews for Cottonwood Church

Glenn · Married on 12/22/2011

Pastor Dan Cooley did a fantastic job for my wife and me. We were on a very short lead time to get prepared for the wedding, and we had a couple meetings with Dan to get to know one another and to discuss the strategy for the wedding. Even though we never did a rehearsal, things went like clockwork. Dan's message was powerful and on-point and set the foundational mindset to work by in our marriage.

I cannot say thank you enough to Pastor Dan.

Alyssa · Married on 08/27/2011

Dan was very helpful with the entire ceremony. He not only helped us to decide on our vows, but he also helped us with the venue and how everything should be set up. He also was one of the friendliest people you could meet. He was very easy to talk to and was really helpful with anything we needed. He does like to meet a few times before the actual ceremony, so be sure you don't need someone ready to go, he likes to discuss everything to make it personalized for you, which I thought was nice. He was also affordable and easy to get in contact with. I am going to recommend him to anyone who is looking for an officiant. I got nothing but compliments on our ceremony and how well he did.

Daniel · Married on 07/30/2011

Dan did a great job at our wedding! Our guests really enjoyed the way that he mixed in humor while maintaining the reverence of the ceremony. He was very approachable and flexible while we were planning the wedding and was able to give us great direction with planning the ceremony. We highly recommend him to any couples looking for an officiant for their wedding!

Cottonwood Church FAQ

• What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Interfaith
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Baptist
    Evangelical
    Lutheran
    Methodist
    No Denomination
    Presbyterian
    Quaker

• 4041 Barbara Loop SE, Suite B Rio Rancho, 87124 See on map
    Location of (Cottonwood Church)