P.O. Box 23497, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 Map · Phone number

8 Reviews for Coastal Discovery Museum

• Emma

Emma · Married on 10/05/2019

100% recommend!

Where do I begin? This venue is absolutely stunning and will ALWAYS have a special place in our hearts. We found this venue while vacationing in Hilton Head just by happenstance. Once we stepped foot on it we literally did not look at any other venues. So many options for where to have your ceremony with the big beautiful trees. Unfortunately it rained cats and dogs on our wedding day so our ceremony got moved under the pavilion, but the pavilion was still romantically beautiful, dim, and when you have lights underneath it is just magical. It offered adequate shelter for rain and the trees surrounding the pavilion help even more.

Beyond the beauty of the venue, the rock star of the venue is truly Robin Swift. She helps you through the booking process and in our opinion an absolute gem. We had our own wedding coordinator but Robin is on site the entire day helping with the event from start to finish. She carts you around in the golf cart to take photos, helped our older guests get to their transportation, and always answered my countless emails leading up to the day. She even met with me for about an hour a few months before the wedding on -site and helped me visualize how things would work the day of and answered SO many questions. Can't thank her enough for all her hard work- especially during our monsoon of a wedding day!! Thank you CDM and Robin!! - Emma & Austin

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/11/2019

Great Experience at the Coastal Discovery Museum

Growing up on the island, I knew I would one day get married there, and the Coastal Discovery Museum was absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful, and it truly wowed our visiting guests. Robin was incredibly responsive and helpful. A note is there are several rules and regulations at the venue; however, none that will prevent you from having an absolute blast.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Samantha · Married on 10/05/2013

The first time I stepped foot on Honey Horn Plantation my husband and I knew it was where we had to get married. He loves history and the outdoors and I love hilton head and the southern/ coastal feel of the property. We had our ceremony under the spanish moss covered trees and reception under the pavilion and it could not have been more perfect. I wanted to add alot of my own decor and details and this venue allowed me to make it my own!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Coastal Discovery Museum FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • Describe your venue:
    Farm/Ranch
    Historic Building
    Museum
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception

• P.O. Box 23497 Hilton Head Island, 29926 See on map
    Location of (Coastal Discovery Museum)