Park Forest, IL 60466 Map · Phone number

About Cloud 9 Confections

In 2010, Karen became a stay at home mom of 2 small boys. With way more time on her hands than she was used to, she spent a lot of time in the kitchen… a LOT. It started out as an experiment in cooking- trying out different recipes for dinner, and seeing what she could come up with that her husband would actually eat (which wasn’t much- he’s quite picky!). A particular night in October is what started it all- at 3am, Karen couldn’t sleep.

After tossing and turning for quite a bit, she finally got out of bed…. and made a 3-layer Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting (because that’s what people do at 3am… right?). That sparked a passion for baking that she never knew she had- for years her mother had tried teaching her to cook and bake, but she refused- after all, she WAS going to grow up to marry a chef. After working long and hard on perfecting her recipe base, Cloud 9 Confections was officially open for business in February of 2011, when the first orders started rolling in.

Karen Brennan grew up on the south side of Chicago, where she still currently resides. She loves spending time with her husband (NOT a chef) and 2 sons, as well as spending time in the summers at their lake house with family and friends. Her favorite activities include cocktails on the patio, movies at the Drive-In, and reading everything in sight.

She bakes from scratch in small batches, using only the best all natural ingredients. All items are made by hand – including our toffee, chocolate mints, and peanut butter cups. All of our cupcakes can be custom ordered to your specifications .

strawberry cookie 2
6ab88c42939de03d 1403718420119 9436925142069019496751404851493n

3 Reviews for Cloud 9 Confections

• melbuhtoast

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2015

We loved working with Karen at Cloud 9 Confections! I unfortunately had another baker back out on us, so we were left in the lurch to find another vendor to provide cupcakes for our wedding. I was pleasantly surprised to find Karen, and so appreciated her flexibility as my fiance and I planned our wedding from out of state.

From the very first time I contacted Karen, she was super responsive - a MAJOR plus after the fiasco we'd just been through with the other baker! She was friendly and even offered to drive all the way to my parents house to do our tasting. Her cupcakes are delicious and beautiful. We ended up choosing Mint Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cup, Pumpkin, Lemon Cream Cheese, and Funfetti for our flavors, and they were devoured by our guests so quickly, I didn't get to try the mint chocolate or lemon!

Karen offered great advice about how many cupcakes to order, and was spot on because we only had about six come home with us at the end of the day. I would absolutely recommend Cloud 9 Confections for anyone who is looking for delicious cupcakes for their event, but don't want to pay an arm an a leg like you would in the city.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Karen was absolutely wonderful! Everything from her price to her delicious cupcakes was perfect for us. She's professional and obviously compassionate about her work. We loved our non-traditional cup cakes for our wedding. I would highly recommend her, and definitely use her again in the future!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jackie · Married on 03/16/2013

Cloud 9 did an excellent job with my wedding. Karen was very attentive and dependable throughout the entire process. She let us taste test a variety of cupcakes, it was hard deciding so we went with a variety of 6 cupcakes. Our favorites being the smores & Dubliner. She did a beautiful display with wraps around the cupcakes to match our color theme and even made little signs in front of the cupcakes to inform guests which each type were and even included the bride and groom's favorite on the signs. All of our guests kept informing us how much they loved the cupcakes. My only complaint is that there weren't any left for us- the bride and groom :). All 300 cupcakes were gone! I would highly recommend this company to anyone planning a wedding. I continue to do business with them for parties and such. She makes adorable cookies as well. I am a very satisfied customer!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Cloud 9 Confections FAQ

• What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Delivery, Set Up, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake