774 Mays Blvd #10707, Truckee, CA 89451 Map · Phone number

About Chris Werner Photography

Congratulations on your engagement! No matter where you are in the planning process, I'd love to hear more about your wedding vision. From flowers to bridesmaid dresses, I want to hear about the amazing celebration you and your fiance are creating!

I offer a variety of wedding photography packages at a range of prices to make sure you get the kind of coverage that suits you best. Documenting each important moment with an artistic eye, and a creative twist, I capture the day you've been looking forward to for so long.

Photographing amazing weddings in Lake Tahoe, Mammoth Lakes, Mendocino, Napa Valley, and Carmel, I travel to fine wedding venues throughout Northern California.

lake tahoe wedding photography portfolio 99 51 495385
Hyatt Lake Tahoe wedding.
Lake Tahoe engagement photos.
Lake Tahoe engagement photos.
Lake Tahoe bride getting ready
Lake Tahoe bride getting ready
Bridesmaids shoot the moment!
Bridesmaids shoot the moment!
North Tahoe wedding.
North Tahoe wedding.
Lake Tahoe beach wedding.
Lake Tahoe beach wedding.
Bay Area wedding reception.
Bay Area wedding reception.
lake tahoe wedding photography portfolio 99 51 495385

9 Reviews for Chris Werner Photography

Kayla · Married on 10/06/2018

We were so happy with Chris!

Chris did such an amazing job! He was so easy to work with and was very responsive up until the big day. His experience was invaluable and his commitment to my requests helped the day run smoothly. I was so impressed that he had taken the time to learn everyone’s names, just based on the questionnaire I had sent him. He is so personable and professional, and I absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

Most talent photographer for Lake Tahoe beauty!

We feel so lucky that our wedding planner, Lindsey, from Blue Sky Events introduced us to Chris because I did not come across him in my research! Chris is so incredibly professional - he politely but sternly made sure people got out of shots at our venue, dealt very impressively with the different personalities in our wedding party, and took the most beautiful pictures. He has such a gifted eye for the lightning at Lake Tahoe, which was very important to us. We wanted to make sure that we had someone who could really capture its beauty. He made pictures that guests asked us to take at the wedding beautiful despite crappy lightning and stacks of plates in the way. He is very detailed-oriented, thoughtful, and creative. He responded quickly to all emails and phone calls. He answered all our questions without being condescending or frustrated. One of our favorite things (and probably one of the most important in hindsight) is that Chris exudes a calm presence, which is key on a busy day that requires organizing several people on a schedule.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Soo-Rae · Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely amazing

We can't get over how beautiful and dynamic all of our wedding photos are! Chris is exactly what we were looking for in a photographer, and so much more! He perfectly captured the emotions of all of our loved ones and all the special moments on our wedding day with great professionalism and charm.

Leading up to the wedding, he was very responsive through email, and arranged a Skype/Hangouts session to get to know each other. We felt very comfortable with him from the get-go and enjoyed our conversation with him.

On the day of, he arrived early to get to know the venue as it was his first time there. As we were getting ready, he was already everywhere at once, climbing on creaky balcony railings and chairs to get the perfect shot and running back and forth between the groom and bride's chalets to take photos. And he did all this without being overbearing...his presence was actually relaxing rather than stress-inducing, which is really valuable on a wedding day!

During the ceremony, Chris' talented eye captured moments of laughter and of tears, with great photojournalistic composition and lighting. And he even worked patiently through our group photos.

We then went off-site for our couples photos and he hauled his gear up a mountain and took the most beautiful photos we have ever seen, doing truly creative things with sunlight and shadows in a very short amount of time.

We were also very impressed with our reception photos because our reception was indoors with some rather challenging (and constantly changing) lighting conditions, yet all of the photos turned out spectacular. My partner, who is a photographer himself, could not get over how good Chris was at handling indoor lighting and making the photos really pop. Plus Chris is very discreet, which means he was able to capture a lot of candid moments and expressions. When reviewing the photos, we were surprised and delighted to see pictures of almost all our guests, and wondered when he had the time to take all of them. And the dance photos were so much fun (and so sharp)!

Chris' photos are gifts we (and I'm sure our guests) will cherish forever, and allow us to relive not only the scenes but more importantly the love, laughter, and beauty of having all the people we love together in one place. We can say without doubt that he was one of the best choices we made for our wedding.

Thank you Chris for everything!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Chris Werner Photography's reply:

Soo-Rae, being a part of your wedding was a highlight of my summer! Based on everything you shared with me during your planning process, I knew that it would be a very special and unique event. Thank you for inviting me to document your wedding day, and thank you for trusting me to capture some of those wonderful moments :)

• Mike Heuer
    Mike Heuer Wedding Musicians

Worked with Chris on a destination wedding in Ixtapa, Mexico a few months back. I average around 50 weddings a year and have never seen someone as professional as Chris. He carried all high-end gear even with the extensive travel distance, and was totally on point the entire trip. Adaptable, easy to work with. I'm sure the couple left him a glowing review and from a wedding professional's standpoint - couldn't recommend more.

• Truckee, 96161 See on map