121 Cavender Castle Drive, Dahlonega, GA 30533 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 32
  • Pricing

About Ceremonies By Rick

How did I get from corporate America to wedding ceremonies?

I believe that life should be about doing what you enjoy, and not just making money. After leaving the international business life behind in 2004, I "retired" to North Georgia to assist my wife Cyndi with her fledgling wedding venue Cavender Castle.

Over the next couple of years I observed other ministers and officiants as they conducted weddings. With a background in sales and public speaking, I was amazed at how boring most of the ceremonies were. And, worse than that, most officiants did nothing to personalize their ceremony for the couple they were marrying. I knew I could do better.

So I did my homework and became an ordained a non-denominational minister.

Through that process I learned not only how to make a marriage legal, but how to make the ceremony touching, memorable, and meaningful for the couple and all theirmguests. Most importantly I learned how to celebrate the relationship being honored at a wedding.

I started by doing a few small ceremonies at our Cavender Castle venue. But it became crystal clear… I had finally found my passion!.

One of the skills that I am most proud of is learning how to incorporate children into my weddings in a way that makes them feel both included, and important, to both the wedding and the new family being created.

Today with almost a thousand ceremonies under my belt, I have become perhaps the busiest wedding officiants in the country. In addition to doing ceremonies at wedding venues everywhere I also conduct weddings at waterfalls, lakes, rivers, beaches, and cabins throughout the USA.

To make the planning process easy for you I have designed a special Online Ceremony Builder that provides every couple with complete control over the style, content, and wording of their ceremony. My clients love how they can add their own personal touch into their wedding and avoid any surprises on their wedding day!

• Reverend Deanna D. Lancaster

Videos 1 Video

147 Reviews for Ceremonies By Rick

• Wendy

Wendy Simmons · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Great and professional for short notice.

My experience with Rick was very professional, all of it was supposed to be a surprise to me but it didn't happen that way, But that was ok. He was the only one that called my soon to be husband back while we were enjoying our little get away. He made our day!!!!! Will be having a big wedding there also.

Sent on 04/29/2020

Ceremonies By Rick's reply:

Wendy and Ronnie- Thank you for letting me be part of your special day! Ronnie gets all the credit for doing his best to keep your wedding a surprise. Pretty tough thing to do during normal times... not to mention trying to do it during a pandemic! We are looking forward to having you and your families back next year for the big celebration! Rev. Rick Durham
  • Austin

Austin Cherry · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Super Easy and Painless

Rick was very accommodating to our schedule and at short notice. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Ceremonies By Rick's reply:

Austin- Thanks for the review and for letting me officiate your wedding! I really enjoyed meeting your family! Wishing you two all the best!

Cameron Ogata · Married on 06/10/2020

Perfection

Rev Rick accommodated our plans with one days notice and made sure we had a perfect experience with the circumstances that were in front of us. He made sure to include our four year old boy into everything that was going on and thats one of the best things that came out of our wedding day. The castle was beautiful and comfortable, we were also able to choose between a few different areas on the castle grounds to go forward with our marriage. I would recommend this to anyone as the price is great, the location is great and the Reverand himself made our special day as perfect as can be. Thank you Reverand Rick!

Sent on 06/12/2020

Ceremonies By Rick's reply:

Cam- thank you for your wonderful review and for providing me with the opportunity to serve you. Your son is adorable and you all make a perfect family. I wish you all the best!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Ceremonies By Rick Pricing

Ceremonies By Rick Price Rates

Ceremonies By Rick FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 351
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 197.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 98.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    No Denomination
    Pagan
    Presbyterian
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• North Grove Hall
    North Grove Hall Banquet Halls

Rick really cares about the couples wants and desires and is a full time wedding officiate.

• Waterfall Wedding Experts Park & Outdoor Weddings

Rev Rick is our "Go-To" officiant for our weddings all over North Georgia! Brides love his Online Ceremony Builder!

• Cavender Castle Mansion Weddings

The best officiant in North Georgia! His On-Line Ceremony Builder gives our brides complete control of the style and wording of their ceremony. No surprises with Rev. Rick!

• 121 Cavender Castle Drive Dahlonega, 30533 See on map
    (706) 654-6268 (Phone number)
    Location of (Ceremonies By Rick)