CDA Films

Austin, TX View map Visit website
$2,600 Most Popular Price

$2,600 Most Popular Price

Hello, my name is Sam. I am the owner of CDA Films, as well as a former podcast host, a practitioner of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and a rabid Seattle Seahawks fan. I genuinely love making wedding films and I consider it my passion, so to ensure your experience is as good as mine I wrote out a little bit about myself. It can be scary letting a stranger into your life so intimately, so I hope this gives you a chance to feel a bit more comfortable reaching out.

CDA stands for Coeur d'Alene, the city nestled along Coeur d'Alene Lake in northern Idaho. Both the town and lake are named after the local Native American tribe with the same name. French fur trappers said these natives had "Hearts of Awls" because they were tough traders, and the name stuck. I grew up there, with it's long, frigid winters and lacking the urbane comforts of coastal city life it was indeed a tough place to grow up. Tough, but very beautiful, and that beauty has inspired me in my work ever since. I like to think by working with me you're getting a peek into this world that may be far from your own. My work is inspired by the North, with it's miles of forests, lakes and mountains. My first weddings were there, and if you scout through my videos you'll even find some more recent ones I did during several stints going back.

I remember being very young when I decided I wanted to make movies. I was a history obsessed six years old making World War Two movies in my backyard. When I was in High School I transitioned to comedies, where I made video skits with my friends. These were bawdy films satirical of our school and our teachers. For some reason we always decided it was a good idea to show these teachers, and for some reason we always managed to avoid getting in trouble.

After high school I spent a year at Colorado Film School, then back to Idaho at the University of Idaho before transferring once more to San Francisco State University where I graduated with a degree in film. I did the whole film school thing and it taught me a lot, but honestly what made me grow the most was working in San Francisco. This company was my only source of income in the most expensive city in America, and I was spending almost every minute of my free time working on the business, trying to stay afloat while paying for school. I got to film some pretty cool stuff, like Nancy Pelosi backstage at a private gala or Vanilla Ice playing for a company retreat. One time Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank even gave me business advice after I filmed an interview with him!

Since then I've moved to Texas where you find me now. I moved to Austin for the food, the music, and the beautiful Southern women. Please let me know if you have any questions. I know the wedding planning process is crazy so if it's easier to hop on the phone or zoom or even meet in person I'm always willing.

What is the starting price for your wedding videography services?

$1200.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Raw Footage

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2600.00

Client Revisions
High-Def Video
Highlight Video
Raw Footage

What primary style do you identify with?

Cinematic

Which wedding events do you service?

Ceremony
Pre-Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What videography services do you offer?

Add'l Hours
Client Revisions
Drone Footage
High-Def Video
Highlight Video
Save The Date

What final video formats do you offer?

Digital Download
USB Flash Drive
USB Hard Drive
    Jas K. Married on 06/16/2021

Videographer

Sam was an amazing videographer and was very responsive and respectful that I was planning an event last minute.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie L. Married on 12/28/2019

Highly recommend!

Sam was extremely professional! He is great to work with and has a great eye. Very patient with all of the chaos and video came out amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better videographer! I highly recommend him for your wedding!
    Mica Married on 10/05/2019

Sam Balas was phenomenal!

After a videographer we knew bailed on performing our wedding and our budget had been compromised around that, we were looking for very specific budget and vibe to our video. We looked and looked and couldn't find what we were wanting. I spoke with Sam on the phone and was instantly pleased. I had no idea how to put into words what I was wanting out of a video, but he understood and took time to watch other wedding videos I enjoyed to take the same feel and make it our own. Sam was flexible, professional, yet SUPER personal and relatable. We felt so at ease on the day of our wedding! We couldn't have been happier to have chosen Sam and CDA Films. Our final products were amazing and we'll enjoy sharing and watching it for the rest of our lives! Thank you!

Austin Austin, TX, 73301
208-269-9908
Location of (CDA Films)

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding