33 Trillium, Madison, WI 53719 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Caynay Photo

I started my photography journey just a few short years ago in 2011. I purchased my first DSLR camera not because I knew anything about them, not because I wanted to capture "life's little moments" nor was it because I went to school for photography. It was all because I wanted depth of field or what non-photography folk call background blur.

That's it. That started it all.

When I first started thinking about business names I couldn't really figure out what I wanted. Did I want something catchy (which would have been a horrible choice) or did I want my name? I wasn't a huge fan of my name as a photography business and I was stumped. Then it hit me. As a child I couldn't pronounce my own name. Don't ask me how I didn't land in speech therapy. I decided Caynay (kay-nay) was a better name then Caitlin. To this day, even as a 23 year old, my family still calls me it and it is still a huge part of who I am. It felt perfect to build my brand and my business around it.

I started with photographing children as I was an early education major and it's what made sense. Weddings made me nervous but it was really secretly where my passion sat. I booked my first wedding for $300. Yeah, still blows my mind too. It was a huge learning experience and during that wedding I realized that I forever wanted to capture couples and their happiness.

I'm not just a photographer although it is a huge part of who I am. I am obsessed with caramel and the colors mustard and teal. My momma and papa are my best friends and my little brother still drives me crazy in the best way possible. My Step-Daddy is one of the smartest people I know and has been a bigger part of my life then he will ever realize. My older brothers are my idols. As you can tell, my family is a huge influence on me. I am a graphic designer wannabe. I used to be a preschool teacher but now work for an insurance/investment firm as a business processor. It was a drastic change but I'm happy. I enjoy romantic comedies and suffer from CRR (chronic road rage. It's made up. Don't webMD it but it's a real problem people).

Again, so glad you're here. Even if it's for just a short while I'm happy to have had you!

Wishes,

Caitlin

8 Reviews for Caynay Photo

Caynay Photo 1
Caynay Photo 2
  • Courtney

Courtney Cullen · Married on 11/10/2018

Gold star, gold star, gold star

We love Caitlin more than words can say. I had followed her on Instagram way before I was engaged and was always smitten with her light/airy/crisp photos. I knew I had to have her for my wedding day once I got engaged! It’s just not the amazing quality of photos with her, it’s the whole dang package. She makes you feel like you are the most important people in the world, all the time. She was SUPER responsive to every little question I had about flow of the day, timeline, transitions, etc. and I am an o we planner so there were a LOT and questions ☺️ She never ever made it seem like any question was silly or too small for her time. In reflecting on our wedding day, I am so happy with how the day flowed and Caitlin was a huge part of that. She made sure we made time for everything that was important to US. We were never behind the whole day. She told us to sit and enjoy some quiet moments (or private elevator ride) whenever there was a free moment, so we could spend time as husband and wife. I am mostly impressed with how she makes everyone feel. She “hangs” well with the chatty and giggly bridesmaid clan, keeps photos snappy and fun with the antsy groomsmen, understands what the parents and grandparents want to see in posed wedding portraits and knows how to kindly guide through poses with those older groups, and is kid-friendly with the little ones! And as for the bride and groom, well, she makes you feel like a million bucks all day long and you don’t even care that she’s around as a third wheel during the intimate first look moments or bride/groom portrait time. She’s amazing and you won’t regret booking her for your big day one.single.moment. We are forever grateful for Caitlin and her amazing talent!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Libby · Married on 07/21/2018

Caitlin was a dream to work with! She not only was exceptionally responsive and communicative, she was also exceedingly professional during our wedding, and most importantly, produced the most incredible set of images we could have hoped for. Everyone who has seen our pictures has described them as "stunning," "breathtaking," and "gorgeous," and we couldn't agree more! The pictures far exceeded our already high expectations. Among all of our wedding vendors, Caitlin stood out as punctual, responsive, professional, knowledgeable, confident, and enjoyable to work with. We know that any bride and groom will be beyond thrilled with Caitlin and her work!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Caynay Photo 3
    Caynay Photo 4

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I were married May 27th and Caitlin was able to capture our special day. From Caitlin and I’s first interaction via e-mail to our face to face meetings, she was prompt and professional. It is hard enough to plan a wedding, but when vendors are slow at getting back to you or cannot remember details of your wedding that you have told them multiple times, planning gets 100 times harder. Caitlin always had a quick response and provided me with all the information I needed. She was so easy to work with and made planning a wedding bearable. Our engagement photos were last summer at the Monona Terrace. They were SO fun and the images were amazing. Leading up to our wedding, Caitlin helped me make a timeline of our wedding day to ease my stress and assured me that it would all run smoothly. She arrived the morning of our wedding on time and went right to work. She was great at getting people where they needed to be, when they needed to be and help them look natural and comfortable. Trying to wrangle my family and wedding party together can be difficult, but she did it efficiently and gracefully. On top of all of this, through out our e-mails, face to face meetings, engagement photos and wedding day, she was fun and flexible. She never made me feel like I was bothering her, even though I probably was. She never made me feel like I couldn’t approach her with questions. When we got home from our honeymoon, we had a package waiting for us containing a USB with all of our photos. It was less than a week after our wedding. I was expecting to wait months to see everything! I have nothing but positive things to say about Caitlin, our experience with her and her work. We have had so many complaints on our photos already and I will cherish them forever. I would HIGHLY recommend Caynay Photo to any couple!!!

Sent on 06/08/2017