Catherine Ann Photography is a wedding photography company based in Charleston, South Carolina. The owners, Katie and Jay, are a husband and wife team of professional wedding photographers. In 2009, Katie, whose real name is Catherine, started Catherine Ann Photography after she shot her first wedding. In 2014, Jay joined Katie full-time and they have been capturing couples' love stories on camera ever since.
At Catherine Ann Photography, Katie and Jay take an 80/20 approach to documenting your wedding day – 80 percent of the time, they will quietly capture the most natural and intimate moments of your special day, playing a behind-the-scenes role. Then, during the other 20 percent of the time, they will direct you into your best light and give prompts for wedding portraits. Katie and Jay are available for destination weddings and are open to traveling to photograph your wedding day. Catherine Ann Photography also offers the following wedding photography items:
Recommended by 100% of couples
1 User photo
Savannah · Married on 03/12/2018
Catherine Ann Photography was the best decision I made for my wedding day (other than the groom ;-) )!!! Katie is such a talented photographer and her photos are so light, bright, and fun. Her and Jay as a team are amazing and so fun to work with. I fell in love with her pictures the moment I saw them and knew she had to be my photographer right then, but once I met her she was even better than I could've hoped for! She is so sweet and personable. During our engagement session she talked us through poses and even showed us exactly what to do to make our pictures perfect. On my wedding day I was a ball of nerves and the moment Katie walked in I felt more at ease thanks to her professionalism, experience, and kind words. In spite of having to work around rain, my wedding day went smooth and everything we wanted still got captured thanks to her. My wedding pictures are a dream (you would never know it was rainy from the pictures!) and I don't even know how to pick favorites because they're all too good! I highly recommend her and Jay and would hire them again in a heartbeat!
Holly Mcgetrick · Married on 11/10/2018
Absolutely beautiful photos and amazing efficiency!!!
Katie and Jay we're so amazing! Not only did that get every single detail documented, but each photo looks better than the next! They we're also incredibly easy to work, gave good direction, and got the photos finished quickly giving us loads of time with friends and family! I am beyond impressed and would suggest them to any new couple tying the knot!
sara · Married on 10/19/2018
We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Katie & Jay. From the moment we met Katie at our engagement shoot, we felt so comfortable. She takes such beautiful photos and makes it a painless process. She provided many tips ahead of time so that we were prepared. The day of the wedding, both Katie & Jay did an amazing job splitting time getting photos of everyone getting ready and had all of the shot locations picked out so all we had to do was get in the car and go. Our photos were ready much earlier than we expected and they were amazing!!! We feel so lucky to have worked with them - highly recommend!!!
Very Professional and Highly Recommended.
We just did the flowers for my good friend's wedding and got to meet Catherine Ann and her amazing crew! They were so sweet and accommodating to us as we needed to move a lot of our flowers around. I definitely recommend Catherine Ann Photography and really hope that we get to work together again in the future :)
Katie of Catherine Ann Photography is an incredibly talented natural light photographer. Her work is certainly fine art and she has an eye for gorgeously detailed shots. Catherine Ann Photography specializes in modern vintage and outdoor, historic venues, and Katie's ability to appreciate her surroundings only adds to her craft. She is professional, reliable, and driven. I would whole-heartedly recommend Catherine Ann Photography to my clients with confidence!