Catherine Ann Photography Reviews

Catherine Ann Photography 5
Catherine Ann Photography 6
Catherine Ann Photography 7

Jessica Brauer · Married on 04/06/2019

Katie and Jay are simply amazing!

I knew I wanted to work with Katie from the minute I saw her work. Every single photo she takes is simply beautiful.

Throughout the wedding planning process, Katie answered every question we had so quickly and was able to refer us to a few of the incredible vendors we ended up selecting. We were planning from out-of-state, so Katie’s suggestions for vendors and shooting locations were especially helpful!

Katie is such a pro. She takes time to get to know her couples before the wedding with very specific questions and makes sure to be super prepared for the day-of by consulting with you on the shots that are important to you! She also provided us with a detailed timeline which made everything so easy going into the day!

We were already so impressed with Katie before the wedding, but when our wedding day came, we were just blown away. Beyond being the picture of professionalism, Katie and Jay were both incredibly friendly and made everyone feel so comfortable. They were flies on the wall while also being amazing guides and directors for the day. They worked quickly and made everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We have a huge family and had a pretty big wedding party, but Katie and Jay were able to work with everyone seamlessly and capture everything. As a bride who was all over the place, I can’t tell you wonderful it was to have complete trust in our photographers and not have to worry about anything other than marrying my husband! They read the room perfectly and were able to capture photos of every guest and every important moment, whether it was an obvious moment at the altar or a discreet look between two people.

When our photos came back, I was stunned!!! They captured everything so perfectly and beautifully. You can’t even tell that it was a rainy day! Our entire family feels so lucky to have these photos for the rest of our lives to look back on. Each photo is incredibly well-lit, colorful, bright, airy, and most-importantly, perfectly captures the pure joy surrounding the wedding!!! These photos already mean the world to us and we feel so grateful to have them to remember and look back on our perfect day.

I’m simply in awe of Katie and Jay’s talent. We can’t recommend her and her team enough!!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/23/2019

Catherine Ann Photography!

When our wedding planner asked us which wedding vendor we thought would be the most important to us on our wedding day, I answered “photography!” straight away! People say that your wedding day is a whirlwind, and it’s so true! After all of the cake has been eaten and the sparklers have burnt out, your wedding photos are left to remind you of all the love, joy, and excitement you and your spouse shared with your family and friends!
    Needless to say, I browsed a lot of photography portfolios, and I instantly fell in love with Catherine Ann Photography! Katie’s photos are timeless and beautiful! Charleston is like a fairytale, and I wanted to find a photographer who could capture both the natural beauty of our venue and the joy we felt on our wedding day. To say Katie and Jay delivered would be an understatement! When we received our wedding album, we were overjoyed! They captured every moment and detail I could have ever wanted in the most beautiful way. Being able to look back, relive all of those wonderful moments, and even see all the beautiful details I was too overwhelmed to notice is absolutely invaluable to me!
    Also, I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that I’ve always felt a bit awkward and uncomfortable in front of the camera, but Katie and Jay made the whole process so easy! We met for the first time at our engagement session, and with Katie’s guidance, my nerves quickly melted away! They are both so sweet and made us feel so comfortable! Katie really took the time before our wedding to get to know us so that by the time our wedding day came, I felt like we were posing in front of friends!
    I absolutely could not be more grateful for Katie and Jay!! The photos they took for us are truly a priceless gift that will last a lifetime! I am so thankful that we chose Catherine Ann Photography to play this important role on our big day, and I would absolutely recommend them to everyone I know!!!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Holly

Holly Mcgetrick · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely beautiful photos and amazing efficiency!!!

Katie and Jay we're so amazing! Not only did that get every single detail documented, but each photo looks better than the next! They we're also incredibly easy to work, gave good direction, and got the photos finished quickly giving us loads of time with friends and family! I am beyond impressed and would suggest them to any new couple tying the knot!

Sent on 01/02/2019

sara · Married on 10/19/2018

Best Decision!

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Katie & Jay. From the moment we met Katie at our engagement shoot, we felt so comfortable. She takes such beautiful photos and makes it a painless process. She provided many tips ahead of time so that we were prepared. The day of the wedding, both Katie & Jay did an amazing job splitting time getting photos of everyone getting ready and had all of the shot locations picked out so all we had to do was get in the car and go. Our photos were ready much earlier than we expected and they were amazing!!! We feel so lucky to have worked with them - highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Erica · Married on 10/13/2018

Katie - 100% - Hire her

From the moment we first had contact with Katie we knew she would be perfect photographer for our big day. We had researched her work online and after seeing her Instagram and website pictures, we completely fell in love with her ability to capture the beauty in a moment.

She was both professional and efficient! She answered all my emails and concerns in a timely manner and took the time to meet with me when it fit my schedule (I was an out of town bride). She asked a lot of important detailed questions which helped because it guided our picture timeline. She even provided this timeline to me well in advance to make any changes to help me stress less about where everyone needed to be and when!

Katie made us feel like we were stars, directing enough to get the perfect photo whilst not being overly technical or bossy! She directed our families around perfectly managing to capture every single special moment! She came prepared and remembered everyone's name which just made the process even smoother and stress free.

We’ve just received our photos and firstly we’ve got a huge amount which is exciting, but also the quality of them is stunning. I credit her friendly disposition, seemingly infinite supply of energy and undeniable sense of fun which allowed us to completely relax and take some truly fantastic photos.

These photos will forever be cherished by ourselves and our families. If you’re thinking of booking Katie, don’t hesitate, do it now, we cannot recommend her highly enough!

-- Erica & Scott

Sent on 10/29/2018

Katherine · Married on 07/09/2018

Katie and her husband were so amazing and went above and beyond! We decided to do an elopement and they were so flexible and helpful with everything! My husband is in the military and we had to change the date a few times and she never once made me feel bad about it, she was so accommodating. She communicated so well with us and put us at ease - she took care of everything! The day of the ceremony they were on time and found the perfect spots for us to take pictures at. I was a little stressed that day and she constantly reassured me that everything would be fine! The pictures we received were beyond anything we could have ever imagine -- they were PERFECT! Katie and her husband really listened to what we wanted and before we finished they made sure we had every shot we wanted. She said it would take about a month to get our pictures back but we got them way earlier than that! I would highly recommend Catherine Ann Photography to anyone and my husband and I can't wait to go back to Charleston and have more picture taken by her :)

Sent on 08/02/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/08/2018

Katie and Jay are AMAZING! They photographed my sister and her husbands wedding 2 years ago. We fell in love with the way my sisters photos came out. It is completely different then the way photographers photograph in New York. Katie and Jay's photos are bright, vibrant and soft instead of dark and mysterious. We are from Westchester, New York and Katie and Jay were so nice to travel up to New York from Charleston, South Carolina to be our photographers. They were very accommodating and very reliable. Katie always answered my emails and texts right away. She made a timeline for the day of the wedding. We have a huge family so it was SUPER helpful and very organized. They made sure to get all of the pictures we wanted and MORE! The timeline also allowed us to be at cocktail hour so that we could engage with our guests. My husband and I just got our pictures back and we couldn't be any happier. Their attention to detail is amazing! We are forever grateful that Katie and Jay were there to document such a memorable day! We can't wait to look at these for the rest of our lives! Thank you Katie and Jay!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

Katie and Jay were so amazing to work with! This was a destination wedding for us, so we weren't able to meet them until the wedding day. But, they immediately put us at ease so we felt comfortable and natural during all of the photos. They are so professional and captured everything in a very unobtrusive manner. We already decided we will be doing an anniversary shoot with them next year because they were so awesome!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Elly · Married on 05/04/2018

Katie and Jay captured the special moments and details of our wedding so beautifully! They were incredibly professional yet so easy and comfortable to work with. We had so much fun working with them and I am absolutely amazed at how many of our wedding shots we love!! They do an incredible job of making sure to capture all of the little details of the day and all of the special moments. We love love love all the family and wedding party shots but cannot get enough of all the candid shots they took that truly show the emotion and energy of the day! They have an incredible ability to capture the special moments in a way that allows to relive it every time you look at the picture, which we absolutely love! We highly recommend Catherine Ann Photography!!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Brittany · Married on 05/04/2018

The best in the business

I cannot rave enough about Katie and Jay! They are such a fun couple. Katie is so sweet and adorable with her style and personality. They made us feel so welcomed and relaxed. Do yourself an honor and hire them! Photos mean everything to us. It’s all that we will have left of us.

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Catherine Ann Photography 16
    Catherine Ann Photography 17
    Catherine Ann Photography 18

Haley · Married on 04/18/2018

Katie & Jay from Catherine Anne Photography were amazing. I am truly so glad I was able to book them for our wedding day! From booking early on Katie and I chatted a few times about what type of photography my husband and I were looking for, what we like to do together and details about us as a couple that they incorporated into our wedding day shots (how sweet). These two go above and beyond photographer expectations. The wedding day was seamless with Katie and Jay shooting, our families even enjoyed their company! Katie made sure the lighting was perfect for all our wedding shots, and they all turned out beautiful. If you are looking for amazing photographers, look no further. Run, go book them!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Allie · Married on 04/13/2018

Katie and Jay are incredible! Not only are they both awesome photographers, but they’re also amazing humans. I reached out to Katie for my destination wedding because I fell in love with her style and she seemed like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with on my wedding day! Personality and being able to have fun with all of our close friends as well as photography style was really important as it was a small wedding, and boy, did Katie come through on everything! I’m so thankful that Katie and Jay were willing to travel to Key West (even though it was basically right after they came back from their own honeymoon- talk about dedication!!). Katie perfectly captured the feel and emotions of our event and we couldn’t be happier. She and her work are unparalleled. If you’re loving her aesthetic and thinking about it, just book her. As soon as you can. She’s magic.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Ally · Married on 04/07/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Katie!! Not only is she one of the most talented photographers I’ve ever seen, she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She makes taking pictures so easy and fun! It rained our entire wedding day yet Katie was still able to capture our day beautifully. I can’t recommend her enough. Her husband is also a wonderful addition to her talent!!! We felt so blessed to have them photograph our wedding day! We will forever cherish our photos.

Sent on 04/18/2018
    Catherine Ann Photography 19

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2018

Katie (Catherine) and Jay were incredible! We chose Katie and Jay not only because of their beautiful, soft photography style, but also because we instantly clicked with their personalities. Our dog was in our wedding ceremony; Katie and Jay are fellow animal lovers, so we knew they would do a great job! They made us and our entire wedding party feel very comfortable. They took their time to get all of the pictures that we wanted. Katie is very detail-oriented, and she did a great job of keeping everyone on schedule. We won't receive our photos for a few more weeks, but I know the pictures will be incredible. The sneak peeks that we've seen so far are amazing! I am SO glad that we chose Catherine Ann Photography!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Caroline · Married on 03/10/2018

WE LOVE THESE TWO AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS! I highly recommend Catherine Anne Photography! Katie and Jay are an adorable married couple who work together to produce fantastic work. They are so easy to work with, they are kind, professional, fun, friendly and SO cute! Worth every penny! Check them out on Instagram to see their amazing work. After working with them throughout the year, Eric and I definitely consider these two friends for life. Feel free to write me on here to ask specific questions. You will not regret choosing Catherine Ann Photography! x, Caroline

Sent on 03/26/2018

Kat · Married on 01/13/2018

Katie and John are incredible! They are some of the nicest people who I have ever met, not to mention that they are ridiculously talented. And they're dog people! We had our dog in our engagement and wedding photos and they were so patient with us, whether standing out in the August heat or in the January cold. I am so, so grateful that we ended up choosing Catherine Ann Photography and I would recommend them for any bride and groom who love vibrant colors, natural light, soft, romantic photos, and dogs!

Sent on 01/19/2018

Ashley · Married on 12/23/2017

I cannot say enough about Catherine Ann Photography! Katie and John were so easy to work with. Katie is great at giving direction when needed and keeps everything flowing with ease. Her bubbly and sweet personality made her so easy to be around and she truly became a friend along the way. As a Charleston wedding vendor myself, the first vendor I went to book was Katie once I got engaged! Not only are her and John truly a joy to work with, the photos from our engagement session and the sneak peeks we have seen of the wedding are stunning! My husband and I ended up both getting the flu the day of the wedding and the way she captured us still made us look fabulous and she made taking photos fun even when we did not feel good. We cannot recommend Catherine Ann Photography enough and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for makin our day so special!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 12/03/2017

I could go on and on about how amazing Katie and Jay were as our wedding photographers. They were incredibly timely, professional (but fun and comfortable to be with too), and very responsive before and after our wedding. They captured our day perfectly and provided us with many many photos we will forever cherish. Their photography style is timeless. Katie and Jay have a great way of being there to capture every special moment.

We also had Katie and Jay take our engagement photos prior to our wedding. I highly recommend couples to do this - it was a great way to get to know Katie and Jay before our big day and it was a fantastic way for Katie to see how my fiance and I interacted and what our personalities were like together. Our engagement session allowed us to be completely comfortable in front of the camera for our actual wedding day.

We would highly recommend Katie and Jay to capture your special day.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Donna · Married on 10/29/2017

Katie and Jay were an absolute joy to work with - from our engagement shoot in NYC to our Chinese Tea Ceremony/wedding day in Charleston. There are so many wedding photographers in Charleston and your choices are endless, but Katie and Jay are top-notch. We received our wedding photos in a quick turnaround (in both film and digital) and could not be happier with how they turned out. They truly listen to what's important to you on your wedding day and the outcome truly exceeded our expectations. They capture a beautiful mix of portraits and all the candid moments my husband and I will cherish for many years to come. Thank you, Katie and Jay!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2017

Catherine Anne Photography did a great job! Can't wait to have these pictures for years to come.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Wedding planning can be pretty overwhelming— especially picking a photographer in Charleston because there are so many to choose from! Photography was very important to us because we knew that it would be an investment, but also the only element of our budget that would be kept and cherished for generations to come. Choosing Catherine Ann Photography for our wedding and engagement photos was undoubtedly one of the best decisions we made. If you’re looking, save yourself the time and stress and book Katie and Jay! We did a lot of research and decided we just loved the gorgeous natural feel of the photos on their website and their philosophy on photography. It didn’t hurt that they’re also an engaged couple planning a wedding themselves—we knew we could relate! Katie was a dream to work with from start to finish and always easy to communicate with. My husband and I met Katie first during our engagement shoot, and immediately felt at ease! She made us feel so comfortable (even though we were running late) and confident which is just how you want to be feeling during your big day! Our December downtown Charleston engagement session and October wedding photos both turned out absolutely stunning— our friends and family can’t stop raving either! They took the perfect amount of candid photos that capture personality and emotion as well as “staged” photos that look so relaxed, natural and not even remotely awkward or forced. They picked out the best locations and were clearly everywhere during our wedding because they caught ALL of the details. We cannot stop looking through all of our pictures are so thankful to have had the pleasure of working with Katie and Jay!

Sent on 12/17/2017
  • Sitara

Sitara · Married on 09/23/2017

Fantastic! (DC-based wedding with Disney engagement photos)

Katie (Catherine) and Jay were both amazing and super helpful throughout the process. Very, very easy to work with. We especially liked that they made the whole photos process fun, so it never felt like some strained or artificial "posing" exercise. For our engagement shoot, we literally just went to Disney together and hung out all day at the park with occasional quick photo moments. Those and the wedding photos all came out really well. We'd highly recommend working with them, even if you aren't local to Charleston (we had a dc-based wedding that they came to town for).

Sent on 12/31/2018

Meghan · Married on 07/17/2017

Katie & Jay were awesome! We loved having them capture our wedding day. We will cherish our photos forever! Don't hesitate to use them! :)

Sent on 08/09/2017

Ellis · Married on 07/01/2017

Planning a wedding can be stressful! But when our planner narrowed down options for a photographer it was a no-brainer that we wanted Catherine Ann Photography! We loved the aesthetic of the website and the gorgeous natural light pictures full of color from the galleries. From that point on, she just led the way and was incredible from start to finish. My husband and I met Katie first during our engagement shoot, and felt at ease right away! She made us feel so comfortable and confident which is just how you want to be feeling during your big day! We had a wedding in July and of course were nervous about the heat. Katie and Jay turned those nerves around when we saw them! They still captured every perfect moment throughout the day and made everyone look their best. We cannot stop looking through all of our pictures from our special day and are so fortunate to have had Katie and Jay capturing the moments we will cherish forever! We are forever grateful for all of their hard work!

Sent on 08/14/2017