Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Carrot Tree Kitchens

The story of Carrot Tree is not quite as old as some stories in the Historic Triangle. In 1984, challenged by a restaurant manager to produce a better carrot cake, Debi did so; by calling her grandmother at midnight for the family recipe and shopping and baking till 3 am! She burned up a few home ovens before building her first commercial bakery—-in her home garage! That was 1990. In 1995, she opened Carrot Tree Kitchens on Jamestown Rd., Williamsburg’s only scratch bakery in years. Café operations evolved over time. We opened the Cole Digges House in Historic Yorktown in 2003. Every day, every thing Debi does, she does fresh from scratch. She is one of those few restaurant owners for whom food remains a love, not a business. We are pleased you have become a part of the continuing history of Carrot Tree and the Historic Triangle. To answer your most asked question: Why the name Carrot Tree? She’s famous for Carrot Cake and Debi and Glenn were married under the Great Oak Tree of Basset Hall in Colonial Williamsburg. The very same tree Rockefeller sat under to plan the restoration, a tree thought to be over 400 years old. When time came to name Debi’s business, several ideas were bandied about; ‘Great Oak Bakery’, ‘Oak Tree Bakery’, “White Oak Bakery’, etc. Then Deb’s aunt said, “Too bad there isn’t a carrot tree!” And so it is that we’ve been Carrot Tree ever since.

Thank you Aunt Postie!

Consultations (3)
Private Tastings (3)
Cupcakes (2)
Setup (1)

Carrot Tree Kitchens was the perfect place to order my wedding cake from!! We ended up getting a small carrot cake for ourselves and pound cake with lemon filling for the guests. Everyone mentioned how delicious it was and they were super easy to work with. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Profile Picture Kaleigh, 6/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings
4.7

Carott Tree has the best cakes ever! We had enough cake to feed 140 people and the cake was gone by the end of the night with only 110 guests. Everyone raved about the chocolate and carrot cakes. My only complaint is that the cakes had the wrong design. The design was the original design I picked out but they didn't incorporate the updated design I sent them months ago. The cakes were still gorgeous and yummy though so I'm happy! Def book carrot tree. Best cakes and desserts you'll ever have!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

So happy! I didn't do a tasting because I live out of town and couldn't fit it into our schedule - so I stopped by the shop and they were happy to give us some cake to take with us and taste. I chatted with the wedding cake designer on the phone and sent some photos that I liked but really gave very loose direction. It turned out perfectly! It was exactly perfect and so tasty! We can't wait to eat the layer for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/1/17, 6 Reviews

8 Photos

Weddings Fall 2011

8 Photos

1 ENDORSEMENT
Carrot Tree Kitchens makes the most delicious and beautiful wedding cakes in Williamsburg. I am proud to highly recommend Debbie and her team. She has been making delicious cakes for over 20 years...my favorite is the decadent chocolate with raspberry filling.

Events