Norwell, Norwell, MA 02061 Map · Phone number

About Candlewood Events

Candlewood Events is a Norwell, Massachusetts-based wedding planning company. Sara McIntosh is the founder of Candlewood Events who has dedicated her career to turning wedding wishes into realities for over 13 years. Sara specializes in attention to detail and building strong relationships to ensure that the whole planning process is taken care of and stress-free. Candlewood Events ensures that on the day of your wedding, the only thing you have to focus on is the love and memories you are creating.

Candlewood Events is happy to help plan your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and wedding reception. Some of the styles that Sara specializes in planning are cultural, religious and non-religious weddings. In terms of the planning services that Candlewood Events can provide, there is a wide variety. The planning services include:

• Budget analysis

1 User photo

Candlewood Events 1
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/11/2019

Sara is the very best there is!

Besides saying yes to my now husband, hiring Sara was the absolute best decision I made during my wedding planning process. Sara is incredibly organized, professional, trustworthy, and has an incredible attention to detail, not to mention, kind, patient and fun. From our very first conversation, I knew that we were in great hands and that I didn't have to worry about a thing. She completely understood our style and what we were looking for and gave us great recommendations, from vendors, colors, timeline. Sara thoughtfully and patiently answered every question, idea and late night email that I threw at her. It felt like I was planning my wedding with a close girlfriend, and every part was so much fun and stress free. Sara flawlessly planned, coordinated and executed the wedding of our dreams as well as made sure that my husband and I, my parents, in laws, wedding party and guests felt completely taken care of all weekend long. The entire day and process was so much better than I could have ever imagined, and I am forever grateful for Sara and her team!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Jaylene

Jaylene · Married on 04/06/2019

Lifesaver!

I was on the fence about hiring a coordinator to help with my wedding since I felt I was very organized. I had interviewed a few people and nothing was really clicking. Then I was recommended to talk to Sara from Candlewood Events. Instantly it felt different - with everyone else I had interviewed I felt they could handle whatever I asked of them but with Sara she was thinking of things she could do before I had even thought of it. I knew right away I could trust her to make sure my wedding ran exactly as I had planned. She fit in seamlessly into the final months of preparation. I never felt rushed in our meetings and it was so great to have someone to "offload" all the details to so I could free my brain up to focus on other things. The week of the wedding we had death in the family and at the last minute we were not sure if some guests were going to be able to make it. As it turns out people were flying in for the funeral so we had to add 3 guests the day of the wedding. Sara handled everything. What could have been a stressful last minute change went so smoothly. She even hand lettered place cards for the extra guests so they felt included. I would urge anyone who is on the fence about hiring a coordinator to think about all the hard work you have put into planning your day. On the wedding day you don't want to worry where things go and who is showing up when - you want to enjoy what you worked so hard to plan. On my wedding day I was able to sit back and relax. I was able to eat food we worked so hard to choose and socialize with all our friends and family without out once thinking about what was going on behind the scenes. Sara was the best gift we gave ourselves on the wedding day. The value of not adding stress to an emotionally packed day was worth every penny.

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Candlewood Events 2

Lauryn Warnick · Married on 10/06/2018

You can't get married without Sara. Don't even try.

There are only two things you need to get married: someone who is willing to spend the rest of their life with you and Sara McIntosh. To set the stage: I'm an incredibly organized person; I own a business, I love an Excel sheet, I live in to-do lists. I was pretty convinced I could plan a wedding on my own. But the second my now husband and I met Sara, we knew we couldn't have the stress-free, all fun, no-issues day we wanted without Sara. She immediately understood how I make decisions and presented everything strategically and directly handled the things we didn't care about but needed to get done. She knew what my husband wanted to be involved in and what she could come to me directly to discuss. She listened, she communicated, and most importantly she shared her incredible knowledge with us every step of the way - from the tasting to the rentals. There's just so much about the wedding industry that, unless you're in it for years, you'll never even think to ask, never know what you can negotiate and what you have to suck it up and pay for. To get everyone's immediate question out of the way - Sara's fees are incredibly reasonable, both for full planning if you choose to do so (which I HIGHLY recommend you do) or day-of coordinating. But more importantly, she easily paid for herself time and time again through helping us negotiate down fees, managing a couple tricky/difficult vendors, and surprising us with amazing touches throughout our wedding weekend (for example, Sara knew my favorite local farm florist that we unfortunately weren't allowed to work with at our wedding venue, so she surprised me on our rehearsal dinner by bringing in my favorite blooms!). On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Chelsea had every aspect covered, including handling things we didn't even know were an issue - for instance, we apparently ran low on vodka during cocktail hour, but only knew when we saw Sara calmly strolling back into the venue with a box of five handles of Titos. That peace of mind is exactly what you need on your day. Trust me. Just book Sara and thank me later.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Award

Candlewood Events FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Cultural, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Emerald Invitations
    Emerald Invitations Wedding Invitations

We've been working with Sara at Candlewood since 2014. If you an event planner, she's at the top of our list.

• Norwell Norwell, MA, 02061 See on map