Candlewood Events Reviews

17 Reviews for Candlewood Events

1 User photo

• Amy

Amy Brundage · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Highly Recommend Sara - A Total Pro and Fun to Work With!

My husband and I got married on Cape Cod last month and we had the absolute best experience working with Sara at Candlewood Events as our planner. I truly can’t say enough - not only did she implement every detail beautifully, she also brought a fun, festive, and professional vibe to every interaction and to the big day itself. I had a relatively short engagement so we had a lot to plan in just a few short months, and Sara pulled everything together seamlessly. She has amazing connections with great vendors (I loved every one that she recommended), she is organized, fun to work with, creative and smart. I also very much appreciated that Sara is a sole proprietor and when you hire her, she is the one who will be planning your event every step of the way (along with her amazing day-of assistant Chelsea). You will have a lot of decisions when you are planning your wedding but if you are lucky enough to have Sara free on your wedding date, hire her! She will really help make your special day easy and enjoyable. A total pro and someone we now consider a friend!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/11/2019

Sara is the very best there is!

Besides saying yes to my now husband, hiring Sara was the absolute best decision I made during my wedding planning process. Sara is incredibly organized, professional, trustworthy, and has an incredible attention to detail, not to mention, kind, patient and fun. From our very first conversation, I knew that we were in great hands and that I didn't have to worry about a thing. She completely understood our style and what we were looking for and gave us great recommendations, from vendors, colors, timeline. Sara thoughtfully and patiently answered every question, idea and late night email that I threw at her. It felt like I was planning my wedding with a close girlfriend, and every part was so much fun and stress free. Sara flawlessly planned, coordinated and executed the wedding of our dreams as well as made sure that my husband and I, my parents, in laws, wedding party and guests felt completely taken care of all weekend long. The entire day and process was so much better than I could have ever imagined, and I am forever grateful for Sara and her team!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Jaylene

Jaylene · Married on 04/06/2019

Lifesaver!

I was on the fence about hiring a coordinator to help with my wedding since I felt I was very organized. I had interviewed a few people and nothing was really clicking. Then I was recommended to talk to Sara from Candlewood Events. Instantly it felt different - with everyone else I had interviewed I felt they could handle whatever I asked of them but with Sara she was thinking of things she could do before I had even thought of it. I knew right away I could trust her to make sure my wedding ran exactly as I had planned. She fit in seamlessly into the final months of preparation. I never felt rushed in our meetings and it was so great to have someone to "offload" all the details to so I could free my brain up to focus on other things. The week of the wedding we had death in the family and at the last minute we were not sure if some guests were going to be able to make it. As it turns out people were flying in for the funeral so we had to add 3 guests the day of the wedding. Sara handled everything. What could have been a stressful last minute change went so smoothly. She even hand lettered place cards for the extra guests so they felt included. I would urge anyone who is on the fence about hiring a coordinator to think about all the hard work you have put into planning your day. On the wedding day you don't want to worry where things go and who is showing up when - you want to enjoy what you worked so hard to plan. On my wedding day I was able to sit back and relax. I was able to eat food we worked so hard to choose and socialize with all our friends and family without out once thinking about what was going on behind the scenes. Sara was the best gift we gave ourselves on the wedding day. The value of not adding stress to an emotionally packed day was worth every penny.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Lauryn Warnick · Married on 10/06/2018

You can't get married without Sara. Don't even try.

There are only two things you need to get married: someone who is willing to spend the rest of their life with you and Sara McIntosh. To set the stage: I'm an incredibly organized person; I own a business, I love an Excel sheet, I live in to-do lists. I was pretty convinced I could plan a wedding on my own. But the second my now husband and I met Sara, we knew we couldn't have the stress-free, all fun, no-issues day we wanted without Sara. She immediately understood how I make decisions and presented everything strategically and directly handled the things we didn't care about but needed to get done. She knew what my husband wanted to be involved in and what she could come to me directly to discuss. She listened, she communicated, and most importantly she shared her incredible knowledge with us every step of the way - from the tasting to the rentals. There's just so much about the wedding industry that, unless you're in it for years, you'll never even think to ask, never know what you can negotiate and what you have to suck it up and pay for. To get everyone's immediate question out of the way - Sara's fees are incredibly reasonable, both for full planning if you choose to do so (which I HIGHLY recommend you do) or day-of coordinating. But more importantly, she easily paid for herself time and time again through helping us negotiate down fees, managing a couple tricky/difficult vendors, and surprising us with amazing touches throughout our wedding weekend (for example, Sara knew my favorite local farm florist that we unfortunately weren't allowed to work with at our wedding venue, so she surprised me on our rehearsal dinner by bringing in my favorite blooms!). On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Chelsea had every aspect covered, including handling things we didn't even know were an issue - for instance, we apparently ran low on vodka during cocktail hour, but only knew when we saw Sara calmly strolling back into the venue with a box of five handles of Titos. That peace of mind is exactly what you need on your day. Trust me. Just book Sara and thank me later.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Kathryn · Married on 08/04/2018

Sara McIntosh is a warm, approachable and professional event and wedding planner you can trust with big life moments. We happily hired her for an engagement party and wedding this summer. Her connections to talented vendors, understanding of our vision, and organization to completion were perfect. She negotiated with companies as a pro, made experienced and insightful suggestions, and followed through with every detail of the plans. All this with an out of state couple using three venues and having guests arrive from across the country. We highly recommend her for an event you will be proud to share for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Katelin · Married on 08/04/2018

Sara’s firsthand experience with area vendors eliminated guesswork, and a lot of stress, from our wedding planning process. She coordinated the timeline of our event so that every detail was accounted for and we could enjoy our day without worrying about logistics. Sara was patient, responsive, and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/07/2018

Sara is truly one of a kind and the absolute best. We hired her for month of/day of planning, but she worked with us throughout the entire process, helped ease our anxiety, answered ALL of our questions and was always very quick to respond to an email, call or text. She gave us tons of recommendations and contacted vendors on pricing. She was my rock throughout the entire wedding planning process. On our actual wedding day, I did not have any worries, I knew Sara would make it absolutely perfect. She took care of EVERYTHING and even made personal connections with our bridal party and family, which made everyone feel at ease. It was the best day ever and I am so thankful for everything she did to make our wedding day unforgettable. I highly recommend using Sara and Candlewood Events to assist in planning the wedding of your dreams :)

Sent on 08/30/2018

joanne · Married on 07/01/2018

We hired Sara as the DayOf coordinator of our backyard wedding on a 90+ degree day this summer. Without any reservations, I can say she made the day a stress free success. There were SO many moving parts and she made sure the day went smoothly. She even helped with the set up and last minute decorating and table flowers. And the rehearsal as well. I felt like she had a sincere investment in the success of the wedding. Above and beyond expectations! Best decision I made was to hire her! I was really calm throughout entire day.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Garrett · Married on 09/16/2017

From start to finish Sara was absolutely amazing. She took the various pieces of our wedding, planned over the course of several months, and turned them into a cohesive event. From the first conversation with her, we felt at ease. She was able to answer any question we had and provide guidance for all situations. On the day of the wedding, she took complete control of all logistical elements, carefully insulating my wife and I from anything we didn't need to be involved in. It was readily apparent how much we needed her as soon as vendors started arriving and she started managing their set up. From folding napkins, to directing our rehearsal, to mitigating family drama, Sara made it so that we could fully enjoy our day from start to finish with as little stress as could ever be possible. We had the most amazing wedding day we could have ever dreamed of and we really have Sara to thank for that. We cannot recommend her services enough. She was an absolute delight to work with and you would be lucky to have her as your coordinator.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Candlewood Events's reply:

Your wedding was so much fun and loved how you were able to incorporate so many details of what makes you guys such a special couple into your day. The transformation of the backyard to a gorgeous wedding venue was the icing on the cake!

Marisa · Married on 09/16/2017

I would recommend Sara as a day of and/or wedding planner to anyone planning a wedding. My now husband and I were planning a wedding in Kingston, MA but live on Martha’s Vineyard. We were planning from afar and it was difficult trying to get things done on our lunch breaks and when we got home from work. We had a fairly short engagement - 9 months. We researched/organized/hired most of the vendors with help from our families. About a month before the wedding we started to become very stressed and decided it would be a good idea to hire a ‘day of’ planner. We talked to a few people before Sara was recommended to us by our florist. From the minute we started talking to Sara she made us feel that she was very capable and organized. After we had our first phone interview with her, my husband and I both felt our stress level about planning go down. Sara asked us many questions about our wedding plans and told us about her experience and both of us felt confident that she was the right choice. For the next month she was so helpful. She went through the plans that we had made and looked it over with her expertise and was able to help us find issues that we didn’t even know we had and fix them. To know that there was another set of way more experienced eyes looking over our plans put us at ease. The week leading up to the wedding, Sara was amazing. I don’t know how we would have done it without her. She is confident, quick thinking, resourceful and smart. Before we hired her, I was worried that I would be stressed on my wedding day - worrying if things would go according to our plan. On Sara’s website it says “all you have to do is "Simply Celebrate" on your big day” which is totally what I did. I am a worrier by nature and I had the best time at my wedding. The best time! We thanked Sara in our “thank you” speech at our reception because we were so grateful that she was our planner. She’s the best!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Candlewood Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, especially on the night of your wedding in front of your guests - it truly meant the world to me! You were such a down-to-earth bride and the rustic chic details you picked for your wedding were perfection.

Susie · Married on 07/15/2017

Sara helped my husband Miles and I plan our wedding on Thompson Island in Boston while living in the Bay Area. I cannot say enough good things about her and we were SO thankful that we chose to work with her. From the start, she was easy to talk to, made us feel comfortable, and was incredibly organized. Who knew there were so many things to think about when planning a wedding? Sara knows and helps you stay organized and check things off your To Do list one task at a time. She made herself available (phone, text, email) and was super flexible, which was amazing given our different time zones. Sara has worked in the wedding biz for a very long time and her experience and professional relationships really shone through. She had amazing suggestions and gave us great referrals for vendors. She helped us negotiate contracts and communicate with vendors (also tricky given the time difference). She assisted us in developing the overall style of the event, ordering of supplies, communicating with venue staff and individual vendors and SO MUCH MORE. I cannot say enough words about how amazing she is at her job. HIRE HER! You will not regret it. My husband and I were shocked at how calm, cool, and chill we were while planning our wedding and that was ALL because of Sara. Best decision I made in 2016 was hiring Candlewood Events (aside from excepting the proposal:)

Sent on 10/11/2017

Candlewood Events's reply:

Ahhh thank you so much Susie! I am truly going to miss our wedding chats but know we will stay in touch. You and Miles are such a beautiful couple inside and out. I look forward to meeting up when you are back in Massachusetts and catch up on married life!

Miles · Married on 07/15/2017

Sara was AMAZING! -

My Wife and I were getting married in Boston but we live in California. The distance would have made the planning process super difficult and confusing... except we found Candlewood events. Working with Sara was an absolute Godsend because she was able to leverage her years of experience in the Northeast to help us choose the best and most economical options for all of the various vendors. She really worked on our behalf to negotiate the best deals with the best people. To cap it off, her organization and confidence on the day of the wedding removed any stress and helped the ceremony be as smooth as humanly possible. I know everyone thinks their wedding was "the best" but ours really fucking ruled, and it was in large part due to all of Sara's hard work.

In all honesty, I rarely ever write a reviews for these types of websites but Sara deserves it. She really is the absolute best in the business.

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Colleen417

Colleen · Married on 10/22/2016

Sara made planning my wedding such a breeze! She was such a pleasure to work with and was so helpful to me, being a nervous and stressed out bride, you can only imagine the millions of questions I had for her! She is super organized, patient and very responsive. She answered every single question I had and asked me very thoughtful questions throughout the entire process. She even helped out fixing my bustle the day of the wedding, and was standing by with thread and needle. She really takes the stress out of wedding planning, so you can enjoy your day! I really couldn't believe my eyes the day I walked into the venue, everything was set up so beautifully, Sara really has an eye for everything, especially the small details. I received so many compliments on how gorgeous everything looked. I can't say enough good things about her! Do yourself a favor and hire Sara for your wedding planning, you will not be disappointed! Thank you for planning the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Marissa · Married on 06/11/2016

Our wedding reception was the perfect night because of Sara! During the planning process, she took the overwhelming amount of decisions that we had to make and made them so much easier for us. Sara met with me and helped me pick out so many details for the big day, from colors for my bridesmaids dresses, to swatches for linens, types of charger plates, chairs, menu choices, wine and signature cocktails, etc. She was always available through email, text, or phone call to answer any of our questions leading up to our wedding day. She recommended fantastic vendors including our florist and invitation printer (who were both incredible), and she was always considerate of our budget when doing so. To give an example of how diligently Sara works to make sure your day is flawless, here is a story from our wedding day: When we arrived at our venue after the ceremony and some very windy outdoor photos, I was flustered because the hook on the top of my dress had broken during pictures. My MoH and bridesmaids could not get it secured and I was panicking. In comes Sara to the rescue. She whipped out a sewing kit and literally sewed me into my dress right before our introduction and first dance. Her calm demeanor helped put me at ease and she was great about checking in with us throughout the night to keep us on schedule. Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful thanks to Sara!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Kara · Married on 11/07/2015

I worked with Sara to plan my wedding in November of 2015, and she was exceptional to work with. She was responsive, organized, and willing to share ideas and advise in a way that still respected my vision. Sara was beyond wonderful to work with, and I would certainly use her again to plan another event in the future.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Kathleen · Married on 07/25/2015

Sara was an enormous help for our wedding day at Popponessett Inn in Cape Cod. She helped with securing high demand wedding vendors including a band, a nautical decor, an amazing tabelscape, and last minute details that I don't know if I would have been able to do on my own. Even with having a coordinator at the venue, Sara was a wealth of knowledge on the best ways to go about things and advocated for my ideas to the venue. I am so happy Sara was part of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/20/2015

Sara made our wedding day so special. She took the time to really develop a relationship with us (and, even our families!) to help us create a personal, unique experience for our guests. On the day of the wedding, everything went seamlessly and I kept saying "pinch me" because it was all such a dream! I would highly recommend her to anyone in the Greater New England area who wants a highly-motivated, kind and creative professional to work with in designing their big day.

Sent on 10/16/2017