Buffalo Museum of Science

Buffalo, NY View map

If you’re looking for a classic yet unique space to host your wedding, look no further than the Buffalo Museum of Science. With several distinctive rooms and halls throughout the space, the Museum can accommodate weddings large and small.

The Buffalo Museum of Science offers:

• Space for events of any size, accommodating up to 1,200 guests
  • Free and ample parking
  • Elevator access
  • Set up/tear down availability
  • High speed internet access

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1200.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1200.00

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1200.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1200.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Parking

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Museum

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Get Ready Rooms
Preferred Vendors Only
Wifi

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access
3.6
  • User997834 2+ years ago
    Having our reception at the Buffalo Museum of Science made the night what it was. It was amazing to have our dance floor between dinosaur skeletons and the buffet stations in the various side rooms. The interesting exhibits were all open and kept our guests entertained and happy all night long. The staff was amazingly helpful and willing to work with my every-changing ideas. They were willing to meet with me and the other verdors several times to get the plans in place and all the details perfect. The large elevator and kitchen storage space was perfect for the rentals. I couldn't imagine a better venue.
  • Katie
    Katie D. Getting married on 11/13/2021

Coordinator REFUSES to communicate

I've called and emailed the coordinator countless times in the last month and have not been contacted back yet. I've made it clear that I would like to put down a deposit and reserve the museum for our winter 2021 wedding, but since the initial response, no one has gotten back in touch with me. At this point I'm looking at other venues because I don't want to host my special day somewhere so impossible to contact. The venue is beautiful, but this experience has been extremely frustrating. Why would they offer to host weddings if they aren't interested?
  • Katlyn
    Katlyn Z. Getting married on 12/18/2021

IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of

My fiance and I were really interested in having our wedding reception at the museum but the coordinator is impossible to get ahold of. We called several times and were sent to voicemail. We left messages for the event coordinator and were never called back. Ultimately we decided to look for another location. Do we really want to have our event at a place where the coordinator has been so difficult to get in contact with? Not really. I really am sorry it didn't work out. I say this would be a great place for other couples, just beware you will probably have to hound their phone.

Team

Michelle Braswell
Michelle Braswell
Special Events Manager

Michelle is the Special Events Manager for the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences where she is instrumental in planning and executing VIP, donor, and member events for the Buffalo Museum of Science.

She is eager to assist with your wedding plans and showcase what the Science Museum has to offer for your special day. .

1020 Humboldt Pkwy Buffalo, NY, 14211
Location of (Buffalo Museum of Science)

Other vendors in Buffalo for your wedding

Wedding Venues