128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 Map · Phone number

weinbergerlibraryceremonyfull setupambergressphoto

3 Reviews for Brooklyn Historical Society

Natalie Sacks · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful unique venue

We wanted a wedding venue that felt special and unique to us, and we absolutely found what we were looking for in the library at BHS. We got to have a book-themed wedding that was tons of fun, we hardly had to bring in any decor of our own, and all our guests were telling us how amazed they were about the space all night. There are some tradeoffs about using BHS as your wedding venue—you can't get in until 5pm because it's open to the public as a museum until then, no red wine to protect the floors, etc. but it was absolutely worth it. My one complaint is that it got a little too warm, but our wedding was on an unexpectedly hot September day, and the venue staff had already started opening doors to increase air flow before I could mention it. Our wedding was 50 guests and I don't think I would have wanted any more for a reception in the library, but it was perfect for us.

Sent on 10/21/2019

P · Married on 10/08/2016

Daisy is great to work with. The venue is unique and holds some of Brooklyns most treasured historical documents. It is an intimate space that can hold roughly about 100 guests. Great part is that since it's a nonprofit part of the venue fee is an income tax write off.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Parris · Married on 09/10/2017

3.0
      3.5

Having our wedding at the Brooklyn Historcal Society was overall a good choice for my husband and I. The venue is inherently breathtaking and required very little decor to enhance the already stunning library and museum. We also loved that our donation went towards preserving the gorgeous building and providing educational programs for schools in the area. I'd say the staff was hospitable, but all very new in their roles and inexperienced in how to fulfill the needs a large event would require. For example, they do not allow enough time for set up prior to the event. Our wedding started at 6pm and we were not allowed to let any vendors into the building or set anything up until 4pm. The very strict 2 hours allotted was not enough time to set up food stations, seating, and decor for a wedding that requires the entire building (including the patio). The venue also was very strict about lowering the lighting in the gift shop which is right off of the Great Hall, and it was a bit of an eye sore because it was so bright. Also, at the time guests were supposed to arrive (between 5:30-6), the front doors were actually locked, and my guests were waiting outside. This then eliminated my agreement with my caterer to serve pre-ceremony cocktails prior to them being seated upstairs in the library. I was disappointed to hear of that. To sum it up, my guests LOVED the building and had a great time at my wedding, but I believe the venue may be perfectly suited for a small event (my guest list was 120ppl), but maybe not best suited for a wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Brooklyn Historical Society Pricing

Brooklyn Historical Society Price Rates

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Brooklyn Historical Society 1
    Fall 2019 Off-Peak Rates

We are offering off-peak rates for Fall 2019 Weddings. The savings is ~$1,000. Inquire now!

• 128 Pierrepont Street Brooklyn, 11201 See on map
    Location of (Brooklyn Historical Society)